Java arguements for DW20 1.7.10 server

zedin

Jul 29, 2019
Last night I got my single player world copied over to my server (managed server on my lan; 8gig mem, core2duo, win2012r2, currently on the HDD but moving it to the SDD tonight) but I was getting a lot of lag between my main computer client and the server right next to it (hard wired through router). Approximately 1-2sec of lag between doing something and seeing a response.Obviously I should have thrown the server files on the ssd which I will do tonight but I know when I ran a server a year or so ago the java arguments I eventually found made a HUGE difference.

I know the DW20 server pack comes with a few default arguements but does anyone know/have found a set that works well with the 1.7.10 set? My old ones were back from 1.6.4 and I know I have updated java since then so not sure if they will still work well.

**EDIT** I do have fastcraft installed on my main machine where the client is running. Does this also need to be on the server?

Last edited:

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
May as well install FastCraft on the server, it certainly won't hurt. Is this lag caused by tick time?

zedin

Jul 29, 2019
Installed FastCraft, moved it to the SSD, and just used my old arguments and seems to work. Not really sure how to tell if the lag is caused by tick time. The only messages I would see in the window was if I was exploring the map in creative mode and it would have a few problems catching up due to world gen. But at my base in regular survival mode everything seemed to be ok.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
View the Extra tweaks/tips spoiler in the FastCraft thread on the IC2 forums. The sampler companion mod that Player made to help debug performance issues is great.