Issue With Sphax (possibly my PC specs?)

imGreggzyy

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,
Not often my specs let me down, but I seem to be having issues with my FTB Unleashed and the Sphax Texture Pack. I use multiMC and have provided an error log from it. The issue seems to be that Minecraft just will not load with this texture pack enabled. I get the load up screen with the Sphax'd version of the mojang screen, but it will not progress past this stage.

Some extra info:
Trying to use SphaxBDCraft 1.5.2 x128
I do use Optifine. (I have the same issue even if I turn it off)
I also use MultiMC5 (I have a lot of instances and regular launcher isn't really feasible)
I have 4GB dedicated to FTB.
Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/ktLNrUd5
I have an i7-3770k, 8GB Kingston 1333mhz RAM and an ASUS GTX 770.

I can run other x128 Texture Packs nice and smoothly on FTB even with shaders running at the same time (I have removed shaders to try and get Sphax to work). Have you guys got any ideas or could it simply be the size of the Sphax pack is simply too much for my 8GB?

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Exception in thread "Minecraft main thread" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

4GB is not enough with a 128x texture pack with this many mods in it. I know you might be able to run other TPs but Sphax has more textured mods than any other TP.

imGreggzyy

Jul 29, 2019
Exception in thread "Minecraft main thread" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

4GB is not enough with a 128x texture pack with this many mods in it. I know you might be able to run other TPs but Sphax has more textured mods than any other TP.
Tried with the x64 and with 6GB allocated and still no luck. I can't really allocate any more with Windows (It runs 1gb idle).

I've managed to run it before with the same specs, which is what is confusing me. I formatted my PC about 4 weeks ago and wasn't too bothered about installing a texture pack until last weekend.

Anyone else got any ideas? I'm upgrading to 16GB when I get paid, but I highly doubt this will solve anything. I really don't think the issue is with the memory (even though that is what the logs are showing)

imGreggzyy

Jul 29, 2019
Managed to solve this by reinstalling my FTB Launcher and Allocating 4GB of RAM. I have also provided the JVM Arguments I set below, they are slightly extensive but seemed to work for me. Thanks for the help though guys.
Code:
-Xms4096m -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=512m -XX:NewRatio=4 -XX:SurvivorRatio=3 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=0 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=20 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=250 -XX:MaxGCMinorPauseMillis=7 -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrentAndUnloadsClasses -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=50 -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:Tier0ProfilingStartPercentage=0 -XX:Tier3InvocationThreshold=3 -XX:Tier3MinInvocationThreshold=2 -XX:Tier3CompileThreshold=2 -XX:Tier3BackEdgeThreshold=10 -XX:Tier4InvocationThreshold=4 -XX:Tier4MinInvocationThreshold=3 -XX:Tier4CompileThreshold=2 -XX:Tier4BackEdgeThreshold=8 -XX:TieredCompileTaskTimeout=5000 -XX:Tier3DelayOn=50 -XX:Tier3DelayOff=25 -XX:+UseFastEmptyMethods -XX:-DontCompileHugeMethods -XX:+AlwaysCompileLoopMethods -XX:+CICompilerCountPerCPU -XX:+UseStringCache -XX:+UseNUMA