Is there a way to remove the expensive Greg tech solar panel recipes

jermy123212321

Jul 29, 2019
Im an old industrial craft player and i liked the old solar panel crafting recipes but because of greg tech, they are really expensive, i have a server and i want to change it back to the industrial craft recipe or revert any recipes that greg tech modified back the their original recipe.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
In the config file there is a header named "useful recipes"; change everything after that header to false.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Im an old industrial craft player and i liked the old solar panel crafting recipes but because of greg tech, they are really expensive, i have a server and i want to change it back to the industrial craft recipe or revert any recipes that greg tech modified back the their original recipe.

You need to make the change in the server's GregTech config file, AND in the config file of every client connecting to said server.

Adjusting the server makes sure the cheap recipe works; adjusting the clients makes sure the clients' NEI and other crafting support tools don't get confused and show it wrong.

In the config file there is a header named "useful recipes"; change everything after that header to false.

The header says "use full recipes", not "useful recipes" ;)

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Also note that the advanced, hybrid, and ultimate hybrid are from the advanced solar panel mod. Which has its own config file with a option to change the recipes from hard to easy mode.

SeniLiX

Jul 29, 2019
So, to sum it all up.

A recipe has changed and some people immediately blames Gregtech, only to realize that it was a 3rd mod responsible? :rolleyes:

knight2109

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that comment was indicating that there is an "easy" and "hard" version of the advanced solar panels. As it in no way interacts with the IC2 panel itself, just the recipes for the advanced solar panels.

djtlite138

Jul 29, 2019
I know this really isnt helping much, but if you are willing to burn stacks of redstone, the silicon cells become much cheaper. I had no problem making mine once i found out. The other panels arent too bad to make if you have tons of forcicium and arent using the mffs. Just make sure to make a nice exp farm (quick one is to take over a lich tower killing the lich and lighting th place up, hunt down the mob spawners, make a one high piston door in the doorway, redstone lamp in the room and have the door closed when the light is off, afk there til you are happy with the mobs and murder them all. Use the levels and an uncrafting table to break down forcicium into UU-Matter then make the iridium (most difficult part of ultimate hybrids imo) and you will be set in no time

portablejim

Jul 29, 2019
So, to sum it all up.

A recipe has changed and some people immediately blames Gregtech, only to realize that it was a 3rd mod responsible? :rolleyes:
When creating the solar panels require an industrial centrifuge (or industrial electrolyzer) and possibly an industrial blast furnace (in 1.4.5). All these are gregtech items. Is it not right to blame gregtech based on this evidence?

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
When creating the solar panels require an industrial centrifuge (or industrial electrolyzer) and possibly an industrial blast furnace (in 1.4.5). All these are gregtech items. Is it not right to blame gregtech based on this evidence?

It's always right to blame gregtech ;P

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Sure did, seeing as the 3rd mod is called Advanced Solar Panels mod.

No offense but I suggest reading and comprehending a thread before posting some quip. When you do it wrong it just makes you seem, for lack of a better word stupid. More so just don't post the little quip. Up to you really, but I would suggest it highly on a topic such as GT since you seem to be just as zealous for it as those against it.

SeniLiX

Jul 29, 2019
No offense but I suggest reading and comprehending a thread before posting some quip. When you do it wrong it just makes you seem, for lack of a better word stupid. More so just don't post the little quip. Up to you really, but I would suggest it highly on a topic such as GT since you seem to be just as zealous for it as those against it.
Seems like you give me no choice as to explain in very tiny details so that "namecalling people" like yourself would have even a fraction of a chance to understand.

The OP asks:

Then you reply:
Seeing as the OP thinks this is all due to Gregtech changing the recipes (Hands down, yes, the basic solar panel is changed by Gregtech)
You assume the same and give him the suggestion to change the config and thereby solve the problem.

The OP do as you suggested and reply:
I just tried it and it doesn't work, even if i remove the zip in the mod folder. any other suggestions?
Based on this comment by the OP, he did NOT mean the basic solar panel. His problem is still the same.​
You need to make the change in the server's GregTech config file, AND in the config file of every client connecting to said server.
Adjusting the server makes sure the cheap recipe works; adjusting the clients makes sure the clients' NEI and other crafting support tools don't get confused and show it wrong.
This player assumes the OP is playing SMP and gives a hint as to why it doesn't work.

Also note that the advanced, hybrid, and ultimate hybrid are from the advanced solar panel mod. Which has its own config file with a option to change the recipes from hard to easy mode.
Finally someone who made his homework and actually knows why and how the recipes are changed.

This leads to this:
Thank you.

Now I suggest YOU go back and read it all again and YOU go read up on what Advanced Solar Panels are all about.

It's OK to try and help out, unfortunately this time your suggestion did not work. Please don't blame anyone else.

knight2109

Jul 29, 2019
Well your putting your signature to the reality, read the original post. That post if referring to the basic industrial craft solar panel. Which is not referring to the advanced solar panels in anyway so.. you seem very... silly, to put it nicely.