Boundless Expanse- Developer Logs

Z

Zobody

But why don't you upload dev logs? I really want to play this modpack, ya know?

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
But why don't you upload dev logs? I really want to play this modpack, ya know?

The pack will be ready once everything is complete. Its best that we complete it to a good standard rather than releasing something that's completely broken.
As to uploading to the dev logs that will be done once we have enough stuff to show. Otherwise it will spam the logs for little to no reason.
We are working on it any information will be uploaded when we feel we have enough to show for it.

Kind Regards Bluedog444

Reactions: Zobody

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
Guys guess what! More Progress. Two things one days after the other! Whoo we are on a roll.

First things First... Some of the generators from extra utilities have been tweaked.

MAFYLoT.png

WVJ2iHp.png

urHhDyQ.png

AE2 has also been changed quite a bit. For example AE2 Processors are no longer a thing and neither are the inscribers.
mPsyNX0.png

olfZXfo.png
uyKM7uZ.png

rFoyn5X.png

Here is some of the end game AE2 stuff. (Auto crafting)

V5IZfOy.png

1C04TYG.png

And finally to finish off the tech side the End game items.

The Quarry is quite a hard recipe and it gets worse as things go on...
KDlx67P.png

A quarry is needed along side even more things.
8RDXZbk.png

oW6KZi7.png

And thats the whole of the tech side COMPLETE!! I will be working on the Exploration side next and after that polishing up the pack ready for release. (Hopefully not to long now until release)

Thanks for reading. Please share this thread with your friends if you like what you see.

Reactions: Zobody and erindalc

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
By the way do you plan on making some sort of in-game guide?

I am going to make a guide but not in game. It will be on my website. The reason for it not being in game is because all the pictures needed would increase the download time for people by a stupid amount when its not truly needed.
People should be okay from just following NEI if they are used to the mods but the wiki will be avaliable just in case.

Reactions: erindalc and Zobody

Sxcred

Jul 29, 2019
This pack is looking like it's coming along great Blue/Fort.

Well done integrating things so far!

B

Blythus

I am going to make a guide but not in game. It will be on my website. The reason for it not being in game is because all the pictures needed would increase the download time for people by a stupid amount when its not truly needed.
People should be okay from just following NEI if they are used to the mods but the wiki will be avaliable just in case.

Can I suggest something? It would be really helpful to have an achievement system that kind of guides you along the path of things you need to make, kinda like how ic2 and botania do. I feel like that would be great in lieu of an ingame book

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
Can I suggest something? It would be really helpful to have an achievement system that kind of guides you along the path of things you need to make, kinda like how ic2 and botania do. I feel like that would be great in lieu of an ingame book

I would most likely be able to implement that but it would be once the pack has been released. I not sure how many people would use it either.

Thanks for your support

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam

The only reason I don't think this is a good idea is because of the exploration aspect of the pack. Bluedog said he would add things to make progression easier that would only(I think) be obtainable by exploring. I do really like that mod and think it would be fantastic if wasn't for my reason.

Also, welcome to forums.

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
The only reason I don't think this is a good idea is because of the exploration aspect of the pack. Bluedog said he would add things to make progression easier that would only(I think) be obtainable by exploring. I do really like that mod and think it would be fantastic if wasn't for my reason.

Also, welcome to forums.

Yes that's correct about the exploration. Also the tech side of things has a progression route built into it without restricting too much of people's freedom.

Reactions: Zobody and erindalc

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Finally finished the magic stuff! First of all, what is going on with Thaumcraft? Well, first off, Thaumcraft is the glue that holds the magic paths together. At different times in the pack, certain recipes use TC items for both magic paths (good and evil). You don't have to use Thaumcraft, you can instead use stuff from the other path. However, the latter usually is much harder to make than just using Thaumcraft. Thaumcraft is also needed to get certain gear within the various paths (such as the Sojourner's Sash and Bound Armor), and while Thaumcraft stuff isn't required for the other magic, you need the other magic to get into Thaumcraft!

Here are some various albums that discuss the two paths' progression in detail.

Good Path (Botania, Aura Cascade, Magical Crops): http://imgur.com/a/3O3S1
Evil Path (Witchery, Blood Magic, Ars Magica 2): http://imgur.com/a/UbaZ7

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
@Fortanono
Wow. I love how you made Thaumcraft optional. Hats off to you for that.

For ars magica 2 plants, is there a way to obtain them other than worldgen? Because the can be a big pita to get, especially with non vanilla worldgen.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
@Fortanono
Wow. I love how you made Thaumcraft optional. Hats off to you for that.

For ars magica 2 plants, is there a way to obtain them other than worldgen? Because the can be a big pita to get, especially with non vanilla worldgen.
I believe you can get them through the Growth spell. Until then, you don't need many of them.