Increasing RAM for a home hosted server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflewarden

Jul 29, 2019
I have been trying to host a small private server on my computer for myself and a few friends, I changed the .bat file to the following:

java -Xms1024M -Xmx2048M -jar ftbserver.jar

However, when the server window appears after launch it states that I am currently using 113 mb with 53% free. Does this mean that my server is not utilizing my allocated ram? Am I doing something incorrect?

I have 16gigs of ram so I would like to at least allocate 2 to FTB when its running.

I am not incredibly literate when it comes to these issues, so I do appreciate any help offered here.

Bloodfrost

Jul 29, 2019
I believe he is referring to the minecraft server GUI showing him what is currently being utalized by the server... Now i personally do not know the exact reason but i know that number will go up as more ppl connect... For example i have 4 gig dedicated to it now, in my processes i can see it has allocated it, however in my GUI it shows... uhh 187mb (45% free) with just myself and a friend connected. If my wife connected it would go up to about 212 i think?

So windows has allocated the full 4 gig... but its just not using it all now but it will use more and nessesary... if someone has more to say in regards to that? i'd love to hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.