how could I change my menu button for the minimap to m again when it is turned off?

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by martin0leung, Apr 11, 2013.

1. martin0leung

martin0leung Member

I accidentally changed my minimap menu button to none, how could I change it back?[DOUBLEPOST=1365686674][/DOUBLEPOST]can somebody tell me what to do? thanks!

2. ntwitch

ntwitch Member

You didn't specify whether you were talking about Rei Minimap or VoxelMap.

rei_minimap:
    Edit minecraft/mods/rei_minimap/keyconfig.txt

Menu Key: M
    (note the space)

VoxelMap:
    Edit minecraft/mods/VoxelMods/voxelmap.properties

Menu Key:M
    (NOTE: no space)

3. LittleMike

LittleMike Active Member

But how would you open up the minimap menu if you've done that and removed the keybinding for the menu? I think that's what OP's problem is.

4. KirinDave

KirinDave Over-Achiever

Good point. Misread. My bad!

That's what I get for reading from reading a forum on a phone in a line.

5. LittleMike

LittleMike Active Member

No worries. I think ntwitch had the solution - at that point you have to just edit the config file because there's no way in game to change the keybinding.[DOUBLEPOST=1365700386][/DOUBLEPOST]Speaking of which - that may be a good idea to implement - having the mod check for a keybinding, and if none, pop up a warning that won't let them exit until they set one.

6. martin0leung

martin0leung Member

thanks to you all, It helped a lot! now I can change settings on my voxelmap again![DOUBLEPOST=1365910045][/DOUBLEPOST]
    it is voxelmap, sorry if I didn't mention it!

7. Abdiel

Abdiel Well-Known Member

I actually want some things I never use (sorry, exosuits) to be set to none. I don't have infinite keys on my keyboard, and some actions are so broken that they activate even when I type the hotkey in chat.

8. guiguilyon

guiguilyon Member

The voxelmap M button conflicts with other ones. I try to set the MENU KEY setting on the numpad divide key /, but the problem is that I don't know what's the precise english denomination of this key. I tried : "/" and "DIVIDE" in the voxelmap.properties file. But it doesn't work, when the games start, the Menu Key setting is changed back to "NONE".

How do I set it to the numpad devide key please ?

9. Adonis0

Adonis0 Popular Member

Change it to a button that you can which has no conflict, go in-game and try setting it to the slash key

10. Not_Steve

Not_Steve Over-Achiever

Or just change the railcraft key bind to something else iirc that's what it conflicts with

11. guiguilyon

guiguilyon Member

Thanks guys. I went in the controls menu that displays every key bindings and checked for every alphabet letter if it was already being used. I think I went until the letter "I" whicj wasn't used by anything. But it still didn't work. I really don't know why.

But anyway, I changed tactic and checked other bindings using the M key. And it was ideed the "Railcraft Locomotive Mode Key" that was using the M key. I changed that and then I was able to open this freacking voxelmap menu! :)

I have to redo all this stuff at each pack update which is really annoying. So I'm gonna save my config files now. :)