Help with FTB bukkit servers

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by ec_nt0, Feb 2, 2013.

1. ec_nt0

ec_nt0 New Member

I need help with setting up a ftb bukkit server
    any sugestions??

2. ec_nt0

ec_nt0 New Member

Please Reply my friends are depending on me
    Thanks

3. Lambert2191

Lambert2191 Popular Member

wrong section. Also be more specific... help with what exactly? what are you struggling with? Just asking for generic help will get you precicely no where.

4. Forge isn't compatible with bukkit. (Last I've heard)

5. Velotican

Velotican Well-Known Member

Currently Forge and Bukkit have had a falling out and there is no longer any official cross-compatibility support like there used to be.

Unofficial Bukkit-in-Forge systems are in development but they are still very early along and not fully working. I wouldn't recommend them for anything other than a test server right now.

6. OmegaPython

OmegaPython Well-Known Member

You can't right now sorry. The last Forgebukkit build was for 1.2.5. Like Velotican said there are a couple of unofficial projects going on, but I wouldn't recommend them. You could also try ForgeEssentials. It does not have many features yet but seems to be pretty stable.

7. Abdiel

Abdiel Well-Known Member

If the Technic Bukkit version is called Tekkit, won't the Forge Bukkit version be called... ? :D

8. OmegaPython

OmegaPython Well-Known Member

Well Forgebukkit has existed for a long time. It's nothing new...

9. Ember Quill

Ember Quill Well-Known Member

...really? :rolleyes:

As for the OP's question, you can't set up FTB with bukkit. Forge and bukkit are no longer compatible. Depending on what bukkit features you're looking for, ForgeEssentials might have what you need, although it's definitely still a work in progress and doesn't have nearly as many features as bukkit does.

10. Greytusks

Greytusks Active Member

11. SpitefulFox

SpitefulFox Popular Member

12. KriiEiter

KriiEiter Member

Call it "Burge"

Bukkit Forge. ^_^