Help, PC Specs to run FTB

Status
Not open for further replies.

CeekayLFC

Jul 29, 2019
Hey

I need help with what pc requirements i need in order to run FTB Mindcrack/ultimate mods. Basically i aint got a gaming pc and im set to buy my first one, but i dont want to go out there and buy one and for it not to work on these mods smoothly.

My laptop that i use now is not powerful enough and i can only run smoothly at tiny view all others just lag and thats my laptop being crap.

So what do i need to look for? for it to run at far/normal view and a 128/256 texture pack smoothly

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
Well you could in theory get this to work on a hunk of junk. I'm not sure anyone has a minimum requirements list. I would probably say that the recommended system requirements for Minecraft, found here, would make a good minimum for FTB, and as this means the PCs my company purchase would be able to run FTB, I'm pretty sure any "gaming" PC you were to purchase would be fine.

CeekayLFC

Jul 29, 2019
Well you could in theory get this to work on a hunk of junk. I'm not sure anyone has a minimum requirements list. I would probably say that the recommended system requirements for Minecraft, found here, would make a good minimum for FTB, and as this means the PCs my company purchase would be able to run FTB, I'm pretty sure any "gaming" PC you were to purchase would be fine.

Hiya

Thanks for this, my laptop aint really made for gaming its graphics is Intel HD Graphics 3000 which is okay if I want to play tekkit or vanilla minecraft but when I play Feed The Beast just wont handle it on a normal setting it has to be low and even on default texture pack its the same. I wanna buy a gaming pc but one that I know for definite will run Feed The Beast with ease.

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest mate, (and I know this is slightly off topic) but I wouldn't waste your money on a so called gaming PC. You could pick up an i7 processor, meaty graphics card, an ssd and a good hunk of Ram for a few hundred dollars, places like alien ware will then double that cost to have their label stuck on it. Any that's just my opinion.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
I just recently got myself a new motherboard, Core i5 3570 overclocked (by the supplier) to 4.4ghz and 8gb ram. I had a radeon 6850 gfx card already. I usually hit 100 to 200fps running the direwolf20 pack using the 128x sphax texture pack on far distance. If you are from the UK then I got my parts from overclockers. If you need to buy a system they do those also.

If you from the US then I will assume a similar place will be available there. I would also stay away from places like alienware, like Belone said, as they cost too much money for what you are getting.

I would say that a 128x pack is more then enough for anybody. When I use the 128x sphax pack the ram usage is around the 6gb mark.

AliveGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty much what Uni said. Effectively, you have a gaming PC with similar capabilities for a considerable amount cheaper. My PC is now a few years old, but runs FTB really well - Nvidia Geforce 8600GT, 4GB RAM, 2.4ghz core2quad. At the time it was around £700 (in parts, built by my brother) It works really well, and you can easily pick up a good PC with an i3/i5 for about £500 (around $600) and it should be able to run FTB really well. If you have time though, why not build it yourself? :D

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk 2

kukaratza

Jul 29, 2019
I just recently got myself a new motherboard, Core i5 3570 overclocked (by the supplier) to 4.4ghz and 8gb ram. I had a radeon 6850 gfx card already. I usually hit 100 to 200fps running the direwolf20 pack using the 128x sphax texture pack on far distance. If you are from the UK then I got my parts from overclockers. If you need to buy a system they do those also.

If you from the US then I will assume a similar place will be available there. I would also stay away from places like alienware, like Belone said, as they cost too much money for what you are getting.

I would say that a 128x pack is more then enough for anybody. When I use the 128x sphax pack the ram usage is around the 6gb mark.

Do you think this laptop would run DW20 with sphax 128 smoothly...

http://www.frys.com/product/7556016?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK

kukaratza

Jul 29, 2019
The system seems good but unless you need the laptop for say work or uni you would be better off spending the money on a custom desktop.

The system will probably run FTB but understand that hardware requirements for FTB are significantly higher than either vanilla or even tekkit.
I do need the laptop, I cant buy a desktop anymore, so Im trying to buy 1 that it can run FTB with proper txt pack.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
The only problem with buying a laptop is the limitations of it by that I mean you can't upgrade it if it is not good enough. The video card that is in it is a low end one and not really designed for gaming. If you have a bugdet then look for the best you can get for within that.

Reactions: DZCreeper
Status
Not open for further replies.