FTB ultimate server not starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godmode337

Jul 29, 2019
Please right click the .bat file and select edit.

Add

-verbose

To the end of the java ... line, copy to pastebin and link please.

Edit: after running. God, I'm loosing my mind lately.
http://pastebin.com/yHm9sd6L

I also want to see the folder you put it in, that's why my instructions were the way they were.
Serverthing.png

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Update to java 7 u21.

Before running the update, be sure to uninstall all other java from your computer. Your error is happening when forge is accessing an old j6 library.

Godmode337

Jul 29, 2019
Update to java 7 u21.

Before running the update, be sure to uninstall all other java from your computer. Your error is happening when forge is accessing an old j6 library.
That seems to have done something, when I double click on the .bat it appears for a split second the dissapears. I did this for a while to see what it said and it said something about java not being recognized as an internal or external command.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Open the .bat and add PAUSE in a NEW line after any commands. Delete the -verbose for now. Post a screenshot of the console window. The Pause will keep it from closing.

Edit: it may take me a bit to respond, I'm at work and doing this from my phone which is almost dead...

Godmode337

Jul 29, 2019
Open the .bat and add PAUSE in a NEW line after any commands. Delete the -verbose for now. Post a screenshot of the console window. The Pause will keep it from closing.

Edit: it may take me a bit to respond, I'm at work and doing this from my phone which is almost dead...
Capture2.png

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Erm...

You did reinstall java after uninstalling it right?

I assume you did, so... Please follow the guide I have posted in my signature called "How to manually remove java"

Godmode337

Jul 29, 2019
Erm...

You did reinstall java after uninstalling it right?

I assume you did, so... Please follow the guide I have posted in my signature called "How to manually remove java"
Done, now should I try starting the server?

Edit: Never mind, it still didn't work.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm... Idk I've had no problems, and neither has ash. Not sure I can fix this one. sorry bro :( this is first issue I havnt been able to troubleshoot and I feel bad.

Godmode337

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm... Idk I've had no problems, and neither has ash. Not sure I can fix this one. sorry bro :( this is first issue I havnt been able to troubleshoot and I feel bad.
s'alright, I suppose I'll just need to reinstall windows at some point.

another_reverie

Jul 29, 2019
That seems to have done something, when I double click on the .bat it appears for a split second the dissapears. I did this for a while to see what it said and it said something about java not being recognized as an internal or external command.

This is happening to me too-- I have the same version of Java (7 upt 21)....
Mine is on a new laptop with no older versions

Hope someone finds a fix :/

(Server is in a folder on desktop and was taken directly from another computer where it works just fine. Did this transfer several times with previous laptop and had no issues. Could this be a Windows 8 bug?)

Shadokiler

Jul 29, 2019
The way I have mine to work is by putting it in the same folder as my Ultimate Launcher. Then I launch it through the .jar and if it doesn't work, as an admin. I have never been able to launch the server through the .bat file. I have only used that to edit RAM in the server.

vghusky

Jul 29, 2019
If you use a 64 bit operating system you should install a 64 bit Java. This has worked for me, I had the same problem as you. Also don't worry you can have both 64 and 32 bit Java installed at the same time.
The problem is in "java -Xms512M -Xmx1G -jar" wich doesn't work if you have the wrong Java installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.