FTB Ultimate and other older modpacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Herring

Jul 29, 2019
There are many alternatives to the RP2 stuff.

Immibis Microblocks, work just like RP2 ones, except the covers finally act more like facades.
Immibis RedLogic, works just like RP2 red alloy wire and logic gate blocks.
MFR Rednet, better alternative to RP2 bundled cable
Trussmod, RP2 frames alternative, works pretty much just like them.

Sure they are smaller individual mods, but imho, all of them are way better than the original versions that came in RP2.

Resender

Jul 29, 2019
There are many alternatives to the RP2 stuff.

Immibis Microblocks, work just like RP2 ones, except the covers finally act more like facades.
Immibis RedLogic, works just like RP2 red alloy wire and logic gate blocks.
MFR Rednet, better alternative to RP2 bundled cable
Trussmod, RP2 frames alternative, works pretty much just like them.

Sure they are smaller individual mods, but imho, all of them are way better than the original versions that came in RP2.
Is there a mod with a lamp/light blocks that give the same amount of light

Ray Herring

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a mod with a lamp/light blocks that give the same amount of light

Bibliocraft has lanterns.

There's another mod that has lanterns too, i forget which.

Not sure on lamp blocks themselves though, i would imagine there is, and if there isn't, someone like immibis will come out with one.

DubDropMC

Jul 29, 2019
After time away for thinking, I have come to an idea... Why not just make a pack similar to Ultimate except without Redpower? Name it something else and keep on continuing the great legacy that once was the Ultimate pack?
-DubDropMC

Reactions: Lord Wumbo

Ray Herring

Jul 29, 2019
After time away for thinking, I have come to an idea... Why not just make a pack similar to Ultimate except without Redpower? Name it something else and keep on continuing the great legacy that once was the Ultimate pack?
-DubDropMC

Have you seen what happens to your world when you do that?

RP2 has a lot of worldgen, volcanos all have basalt making them up, marble, etc...

Basically, you will pretty much wish you had of just restarted your entire world, as removing RP2 will screw the entire thing up to the point your players will pretty much demand you restart the world if you run a server.

Reactions: Riuga

DubDropMC

Jul 29, 2019
Have you seen what happens to your world when you do that?

RP2 has a lot of worldgen, volcanos all have basalt making them up, marble, etc...

Basically, you will pretty much wish you had of just restarted your entire world, as removing RP2 will screw the entire thing up to the point your players will pretty much demand you restart the world if you run a server.

Why not reset the world? There would be many more possibilities after updating to newer versions! Even though you would lose all of your work... Don't you ever lose passion of the game once you beat the ender dragon? I always do... Restarting always makes you feel fresh, It lets you learn things that you didn't learn the first time, so I see no point in not restarting.
-DubDropMC

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the update!
I've been playing FTB Ultimate (without GregTech) for a while now and haven't even explored half of it, so it's a pity it most likely won't be updated - even without RedPower (I'm already missing the cheap solar panels :( ). I guess, I'll have to switch to the Unleashed Pack, from the looks of it it's just a bigger version of Ultimate. But: I'm missing "Advanced Machines" and "Extrabiomes XL", are these going to be added to the new pack? I know that at least the latter one has already been updated to 1.6.2.

I'm also experiencing a small problem with the launcher:
I'm not able to increase its window size and the text doesn't automatically change the line, so longer sentences are always cut off. I'm using Win 7 (64 bit).

Ray Herring

Jul 29, 2019
Why not reset the world? There would be many more possibilities after updating to newer versions! Even though you would lose all of your work... Don't you ever lose passion of the game once you beat the ender dragon? I always do... Restarting always makes you feel fresh, It lets you learn things that you didn't learn the first time, so I see no point in not restarting.
-DubDropMC

Never actually fought the ender dragon before, or the wither.

I rarely play singleplayer, and both those bosses are a tad laggy for me on servers.

But the point is, why restart the world for an ultimate without RP2 when you could just play one of the new packs. I'm currently playing the 'New World' pack and absolutely loving it.[DOUBLEPOST=1374454129][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks for the update!
I've been playing FTB Ultimate (without GregTech) for a while now and haven't even explored half of it, so it's a pity it most likely won't be updated - even without RedPower (I'm already missing the cheap solar panels :( ). I guess, I'll have to switch to the Unleashed Pack, from the looks of it it's just a bigger version of Ultimate. But: I'm missing "Advanced Machines" and "Extrabiomes XL", are these going to be added to the new pack? I know that at least the latter one has already been updated to 1.6.2.

I'm also experiencing a small problem with the launcher:
I'm not able to increase its window size and the text doesn't automatically change the line, so longer sentences are always cut off. I'm using Win 7 (64 bit).

Why would you want ExtraBiomesXL? granted the pack i'm playing has it (shame really), but Biomes 'o Plenty is a much nicer one, and instead of having the same old same old, it actually has much more interesting biomes in it, especially the 'Origin' biome which is an alpha biome :)

Harirson Grothoff

Jul 29, 2019
-DubDropMC
My 3rd Party pack StellarCraft is a bit like this.

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I would like confirmation because I do not think I have seen and I think this is the case. The FTB FTB Unhinged and Unleashed are the result of beta 2 pack 152 wgt & ngt ?

Another question, this time for the organization this launcher. From what I understand there will soon be in the launcher Direwolf20 1.4.7 and Direwolf20 1.5.2 (same for others), it would be better to bring everything together in one and be able to choose the version of Minecraft more version of modpack because in the end we will end up with hugely packs in the launcher, do not you think ?

Slowpoke, you said that 1.6 would come out on FTB few weeks after the official release of Minecraft, we arrive at three weeks, do you have a new approximation to us for the arrival of 1.6 on FTB ?

For the new FTB Unleasged and Unhinged is out this weekend, but when will they really available in the launcher ?

Thank you in advance for the answers which be provided

Cordially.
When they are ready.

imabanana1337

Jul 29, 2019
are there any plans on releasing the map for forgecraft

im probably not the best person to respond, but i doubt it because things on the forgecraft server are made in dev builds of mods and sometimes things are made on the forgecraft that don't make it to final versions, i dont know what this would have to do with it, but i personally dont think a map will be released

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
-DubDropMC

I would very much like to see this and with the mods Ray Herring mentioned, maybe RedPower can be abandoned for others that are updated "On-Time". There has to be another mod that adds the world gen that RP2 uses, and I would start anew if it means have an updated 1.6.x Ultimate Pack with no RedPower.

Reactions: nefentari

vince959

Jul 29, 2019
Are Unhinged and Unleashed packs the new official non-beta packs, but they are still in beta now and require private pack code to download?
How sure the maps in new Unhinged and Unleashed packs can be carried over to 1.6? The new packs are still in beta and the previous 1.5.2 beta there is still uncertainty about the forward compatibility.

Not that I mind about map wipe over and over, just because the time between 1.5.2 and 1.6 update is probably much shorter than that between 1.4.7 and 1.5.2. I don't want the map reset happened to frequent. I could just wait a bit longer until the map forward compatibility is confirmed.

TFGames CJ

Jul 29, 2019
when I try to launch any ftb pack it doesn't install the mods except for the new direwolf20 1.5 pack and my launcher wont accept any passwords (except Dire 1.5) even the the yogscast private test pack

OliverJ102

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there,

My Server is running the Ultimate Pack. The post above stated that it will no longer be receiving updates. When it updated last time we lost our entire world as the main change was the World Generator which started causing random chunks to regenerate in already explored area's which by itself should have been impossible yet it was randomly happening. A glacier Chunk in a desert and such.

I noticed that Unleashed is using a new World Generator, Will this be the preferred Generator for the next while as it can really mess up older worlds when it updates. Ive also heard that wolds cant be copied to the new Unleashed pack due to ID conflicts, Is this correct?

FTB is updating very fast which is great, but the updates keep hitting the core for the game, world sustainability and ability to generate a clean world.

What is causing the issues with removing RedPower so badly? When another mod is removed it just vanishes, surely if redpower was gone it would just gauge out all the redpower blocks and items?

We are very reluctant to update as it could well mean yet another "fresh start" which we already did 3 months ago. And while the early game is fun, we are loosing all of our community work and structure over and over again which is just getting boring now.

Ultimate was brought out with the premise of being the modpack with the most in it, which implied it would be maintained, now it looks like its being shelved for something else, which in a few months could follow suit. There was talk of Ultimate skipping 1.5 and jumping to 1.6 so that it can consolidate its mod packs and retake its "Ultimate" position, from above this seems like its been either abandoned or is no longer a priority.

Is there a modpack that will receive continual updates without a complete rebrand? While we can probably convince our community to accept one more voyage into a new world, they are getting tired of continually restarting.

So I guess it comes down to two questions. . .

Has all plans for Ultimate 1.6 been abandoned or simply left out of the spotlight?

and second.

If Ultimate is going the way of the dodo in terms of updates to content, can we at least have the next "largest pack" just receive content updates rather then simply being replaced so communities can develop and not suffer world apocalypses resulting in emigration :D

P.S. Gregtech is a godsend and should be kept and made fully customisable to let people choose if they want it on tier server - I certainly do:D (Things are way to fast and easy without it)[DOUBLEPOST=1374474526][/DOUBLEPOST]
Are Unhinged and Unleashed packs the new official non-beta packs, but they are still in beta now and require private pack code to download?
How sure the maps in new Unhinged and Unleashed packs can be carried over to 1.6? The new packs are still in beta and the previous 1.5.2 beta there is still uncertainty about the forward compatibility.

Not that I mind about map wipe over and over, just because the time between 1.5.2 and 1.6 update is probably much shorter than that between 1.4.7 and 1.5.2. I don't want the map reset happened to frequent. I could just wait a bit longer until the map forward compatibility is confirmed.

Map Compatibility is my main concern as well, Rebuilding a world over and over is time consuming :)

Status
Not open for further replies.