FTB Ultimate and other older modpacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
A reminder: The Help Desk staff need a day or so to understand these new packs, and we can't provide good support without having the time to play/break/fix things.
We are get these packs the same time you do, and often experience the same problems.

And another reminder, before using the help desk, take a look at the article that explains the help we can't offer:
http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/inde...ew/48/0/what-support-cant-the-help-desk-offer

Mazeus Xenon

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I am going to be a pest here and ask about what I see as "missing mods" to the Unleashed list. Extrabiomes - but isn't that dead? Someone told me that... but more importantly - to me - is the Power Converters. I see PowerCrystalsCore is there and the converters work with 1.5.x, and IF "Unleashed" is supposed to be the replacement for Ultimate (more or less), any chance that could be added back in? I am not trying to start a rant/rave session about the mod, I just like it and would like to see it included. Where/Are there plans to add that into the pack?

Mynoris

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any compatibility between 152ngt and direwolf 152? some of my players were hoping I could change my server over and keep the map.

I would like to know myself what the closest thing to 152ngt would be, since it doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
Hi just wondering if its me or does anyone else have a problem with the Launcher not maximizing. 1.2.5 was fine 1.2.6 has a greyed out max screen. Not a big issue but the News doesnt wrap and not all of this page loads on the smaller screen. Im using Windows 8 Java 64 bit.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
FTB Ultimate (1.4.7) This Modpack is currently locked and there are no plans to update this pack in the future. The main reason for this is due to the lack of an update to Red Power 2. Tests to make an update without Red Power did not end well.

Hopefully Eloraam can get off her duff and start updating again. There's a lot of crazies out there who would do stupid things to force her into updating (namely 4chan). And THAT would never work.

But is there a way to reverse engineer the RP2 mod to get a workable source code to compile an "Unofficial Update"?

I play the Ultimate Pack and would hate to start over again.

SizzleBacon

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the update. I love reading these and hearing about what is going on. But I do have one question that I hope one of the staff can answer.

I'm looking forward to the new launcher release, and I understand how much work and planning goes into it. I know that in the new launcher this won't be a problem because of the design choices.

However, in the meantime maybe you could clear something up that would make the current launcher a lot more bearable. With all these new mod packs, and with all the ones showing up in the launcher, things get really cluttered. Is there a way to only show the modpacks I want? I only want to see the modpacks released by the FTB team for 1.5.2. And if I could narrow it down even further that would be great. It's a pain having to look through all the current packs. Most of them I didn't even put in there, they just showed up!

Thanks for your help! And great work on the new packs! I'm very excited to try them out.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully Eloraam can get off her duff and start updating again. There's a lot of crazies out there who would do stupid things to force her into updating (namely 4chan). And THAT would never work.

But is there a way to reverse engineer the RP2 mod to get a workable source code to compile an "Unofficial Update"?

I play the Ultimate Pack and would hate to start over again.

Not one that FTB would ever condone the use of given that Red Power 2 is a closed Source mod. In other words no on else is allowed to update Eloraams work.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the update. I love reading these and hearing about what is going on. But I do have one question that I hope one of the staff can answer.

I'm looking forward to the new launcher release, and I understand how much work and planning goes into it. I know that in the new launcher this won't be a problem because of the design choices.

However, in the meantime maybe you could clear something up that would make the current launcher a lot more bearable. With all these new mod packs, and with all the ones showing up in the launcher, things get really cluttered. Is there a way to only show the modpacks I want? I only want to see the modpacks released by the FTB team for 1.5.2. And if I could narrow it down even further that would be great. It's a pain having to look through all the current packs. Most of them I didn't even put in there, they just showed up!

Thanks for your help! And great work on the new packs! I'm very excited to try them out.

As things stand there is no way to make this happen, however the mod list will soon be reordered and the 1.5.2 packs will be at or near the top.

DubDropMC

Jul 29, 2019
Well looks as though I will be quitting FTB, for I see the team is not trying hard enough for me to find anything that could replace Redpower 2.

DubDropMC

Jul 29, 2019
the only thing not already replaced by other mods is frames.

The only thing I dislike about replacing Redpower is that I see no reason that we would have to install multiple mods just to replace a single mod that is holding the pack back...

Roflcoptor

Jul 29, 2019
Ugh.. I'm confused. Did they drop FTB Ultimate as a whole or just they stopped updating the FTB Ultimate 1.4.7 (adding more 1.4.7 mods to it). If Ultimate is completely discontinued which other modpack is the most similar to it ?

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
As things stand there is no way to make this happen, however the mod list will soon be reordered and the 1.5.2 packs will be at or near the top.
Now Im confused. Doest the filter button work any more? You can filter to see only 1.5.2 mods

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
Ugh.. I'm confused. Did they drop FTB Ultimate as a whole or just they stopped updating the FTB Ultimate 1.4.7 (adding more 1.4.7 mods to it). If Ultimate is completely discontinued which other modpack is the most similar to it ?

You can still play Ultimate and it will stay on the launcher for as long as there is a demand for it, however it wont be updated past 1.4.7.

FeedTheBeast.fr

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I would like confirmation because I do not think I have seen and I think this is the case. The FTB FTB Unhinged and Unleashed are the result of beta 2 pack 152 wgt & ngt ?

Another question, this time for the organization this launcher. From what I understand there will soon be in the launcher Direwolf20 1.4.7 and Direwolf20 1.5.2 (same for others), it would be better to bring everything together in one and be able to choose the version of Minecraft more version of modpack because in the end we will end up with hugely packs in the launcher, do not you think ?

Slowpoke, you said that 1.6 would come out on FTB few weeks after the official release of Minecraft, we arrive at three weeks, do you have a new approximation to us for the arrival of 1.6 on FTB ?

For the new FTB Unleasged and Unhinged is out this weekend, but when will they really available in the launcher ?

Thank you in advance for the answers which be provided

Cordially.

Majestic44

Jul 29, 2019
Well looks as though I will be quitting FTB, for I see the team is not trying hard enough for me to find anything that could replace Redpower 2.

A comment like that is very much undeserved, Slowpoke and all the others on the FTB Team along with the mod developers spend alot of time working on making FTB and the mods included enjoyable by everyone that plays Minecraft. And they do it all for FREE, im a business owner and understand what they haft to do to make everything that they have here work and I take my hat off to them for doing it for free just for you and me..

That being said THANK YOU Slowpoke and FTB Team and a very special thank you to the Mod Developers for all your hard work. I very much enjoy playing and enjoying Minecraft with FTB..

Roflcoptor

Jul 29, 2019
You can still play Ultimate and it will stay on the launcher for as long as there is a demand for it, however it wont be updated past 1.4.7.
Thanks for the fast reply ;) Now I'm wondering which of the new packs should i choose.FTB Unleashed has lots of nice mods, but it doesn't have GT.FTB Unhinged has GT but doesn't have much mods at all compared to Unleashed.So i was wondering could i just add GT to the FTB unleashed ? Won't there be any problems with configs?

Status
Not open for further replies.