FTB "Teams Challenge". Are you in?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Teams%20Challenge.png

Are you part of a team? Does your team make mod packs? Are you up for a challenge?
If you answered yes, then welcome to the Teams Challenge.
THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL! OR AFFILIATED WITH JAM PACKED!
The Teams Challenge is going to be a challenge between different Teams in the FTB community to see what they are able to produce in a given time frame. Unlike the recent Jam Packed competition this doesn't mean you will be limited to a month, as the final time limit has not been decided yet.
Alongside this, the Teams Challenge will have a few rules, to make it more interesting:
1) Anyone in the team can get involved at any stage. E.g. If myself and Qazplm were to start working on the pack, and then GideonSeymour said he wanted in after 2 weeks, then that is fine.
2) Must specify the pack/maps' theme (Tech, Magic, Survival, Exploration, CTM, etc.)
3) Hardcore Questing Mode ISN'T required.
4) The pack created cannot resemble any pack previously created by the team who create it (E.g. PhoenixTeam's cannot resemble: Running Red or Material Energy^3)
5) Packs do not have to be server compatible - Some mods don't work well on servers, so it makes sense to make this a rule
6) Use anything your team has already created, but do not use anything another team has created (E.g. PhoenixConfigs)

Optional rules:
7) Packs must try to deviate from the norm by not including at least one common mod for their pack type (E.g. Magic pack - Thaumcraft) - This is to make packs differ more from original packs
8) Every mod must have a use - This is to make packs more focused

And to make sure that no one gets a head start on mapping, a vanilla map will be randomly generated and any maps used must be using the seed provided in that map.

If you are part of a team already then leave the names of those in your team, who want to participate, along with your teams' name.

If you are not in a team, but want to get involved, state in your reply "Looking for team" and anyone who hasn't updated me saying they are now in a team, will be split into equally sized teams.

Participants so far:
PhoenixTeam: @jordsta95, @ThomazM, @the_j485, @Qazplm601, @trajing
Team Regrowth: @thephoenixlodge, @CaptPanda, @HeilMewTwo
The Pack Team: @DarkIron987, @DrowElf @LivingAngryCheese
Pink Unicorn and Rainbows: @madnewmy, @CryosFear @Xavion @Celestialphoenix
Team Galactica: @Sempuh, @Wagon153
Miscellaneous: @parcel31u, @SgtAce, @warlordjones, @Feed the beast 122
Team Shinonome: @asiekierka, @nupanick
Looking for team: @immibis

Closing Date for new teams is the 31st of October.
Competition starts on the 1st of November.

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Well this certainly looks interesting. I can't say that I have a team, but I have been tossing ideas around and been planning a pack for a while now (old draft of plans linked in my sig). Funnily enough, the date when I'll actually have the free time to make and was intending to do so just happens to be the 1st of November.
So basically I think I'd like to join in on this, heading up 'Team Regrowth', member list currently consisting of myself, but willing to have others join.
Pack theme will be reconstruction of nature, with a focus on magic mods early on, especially botania and witchery, and a late game development into higher tech, namely mekanism. Reources to primarily be gained through magical crops. And yes HQM use is intended.

Last edited:

Sempuh

Jul 29, 2019
This looks really cool and i would love to get involved, but my internet is screwy and keeps me from downloading a lot of the mods i would otherwise use. Anyway best of luck.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
So, are we looking for mod pack creations? Map creations? What is the goal of the competition?
I may be interested, if anyone wants to tow an anchor behind them.. I mean... Help me not make myself look like a fool...

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
So, are we looking for mod pack creations? Map creations? What is the goal of the competition?
I may be interested, if anyone wants to tow an anchor behind them.. I mean... Help me not make myself look like a fool...
The minimum is a mod pack. So for example Magic Farm 2.
Or you can make it a map/pack combo, for example, Running Red.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Is this an "officially sanctioned" event or just something you think would be fun?

I hate to think of the stink that would be raised if the latter case is true and the "winning" team expected some sort of prize from FtB like the Jampacked competition had... The potential for confusion exists since the Jampacked thread contains indications of an event for 1.7 packs coming soon.

If this is just a "fun" idea you might want to remove the FtB reference from the thread title so people are less likely to get the wrong impression... We really don't need that kind of drama here :D

Last edited:

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Is this an "officially sanctioned" event or just something you think would be fun?

I hate to think of the stink that would be raised if the latter case is true and the "winning" team expected some sort of prize from FtB like the Jampacked competition had... The potential for confusion exists since the Jampacked thread contains indications of an event for 1.7 packs coming soon.
This is just for fun, edited the OP to HOPEFULLY make sure people know it's not official

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
So basically PhoenixTeam vs. the rest?
No...
It would be a "free for all" sorta thing

If it was gonna be a PT challenges everyone else, the thread title woulda been "Take on the PhoenixTeam" or something more obnoxious :p

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
If it was gonna be a PT challenges everyone else, the thread title woulda been "Take on the PhoenixTeam" or something more obnoxious :p
De facto it is, at least right now. I'm just curious which other teams are being represented on this forum.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
De facto it is, at least right now. I'm just curious which other teams are being represented on this forum.
Well any team that comes forward.
To be honest, us at the PhoenixTeam actually don't know of any, and that is another reason why this was a good idea (in my head)

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
This is just for fun, edited the OP to HOPEFULLY make sure people know it's not official

Cool... Just didn't want to see disappointed people when all is said and done. Looking forward to new stuff!

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I offer my services as beta tester to any team who wants/needs it. And I know a bit about configs.