FTB News Pre-Pax Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
<sarcasm>
Problem is, who would (besides me) regularly check for news on a post called "Once in a while whenever we feel like telling you things" thread?
</sarcasm off>

You're missing a key point here... We ARE NOT customers. We have not paid a red cent to FtB (unless you visited the store). FtB doesn't owe us a product, let alone several, and we have no right to ask anything of them, let alone demand it. We are free to walk away if we get fed up and use other modpacks or, heaven forbid, build our own.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
It wasn't meant to be insulting. When you say you're going to do something, you do it. There's plenty of stuff they could be using this board for, but it just sits there, week after week, collecting dust, staring me in my stupid "let's see if there's anything interesting this week" face.

FTB is run by a group of volunteers who do this in their limited free time. They don't get paid for this, and they do it because they want to. They manage to (somehow) fit this in between full time jobs and family. Things will get done when the team has the time to work on it.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
First I would like to say I really appreciate your understanding that we are doing this as a hobby for the most part, that said I have to disagree with what a few of you are saying: We said we were going to post weekly news posts, we didn't and that isn't really good enough for us. Some of that was due to things we couldn't speak about at the time (The curse partnership) and other times it was due to personal commitments of our team meaning we can't sit down to do our biweekly meetings. Honestly at this point I don't have time to get that back on track due to my exams which will be happening over the next month after they have been completed you can expect to see more of me again as we continue to move things along. That said I will be sorting out something with Slowpoke to make sure that this weekly news is indeed weekly so we can keep you informed as we said we would.

Thanks for your patience,
Captainnana

eashonk

Jul 29, 2019
yep,
FTB is run by a group of volunteers who do this in their limited free time. They don't get paid for this, and they do it because they want to. They manage to (somehow) fit this in between full time jobs and family. Things will get done when the team has the time to work on it.
First I would like to say I really appreciate your understanding that we are doing this as a hobby for the most part, that said I have to disagree with what a few of you are saying: We said we were going to post weekly news posts, we didn't and that isn't really good enough for us. Some of that was due to things we couldn't speak about at the time (The curse partnership) and other times it was due to personal commitments of our team meaning we can't sit down to do our biweekly meetings. Honestly at this point I don't have time to get that back on track due to my exams which will be happening over the next month after they have been completed you can expect to see more of me again as we continue to move things along. That said I will be sorting out something with Slowpoke to make sure that this weekly news is indeed weekly so we can keep you informed as we said we would.

Thanks for your patience,
Captainnana
yep, i understand all of that. my purpose is to point out flaws to motivate sustained change for the better.

Crumbology

Jul 29, 2019
yep,

yep, i understand all of that. my purpose is to point out flaws to motivate sustained change for the better.

Whenever I see this kind of politic double-speak I always translate it in my head, this one came out as "I will piss and moan till you deliver" :p

Reactions: Mevansuto

mcfmullen

Jul 29, 2019

To that I quote Slowpoke:

"For a while now there have been concerns expressed about a lack of communication from myself to you on the forums. This post is going to be an attempt to try and remedy this situation. From this point on, I am going to attempt to put out a post every weekend with updates on different areas of FTB. Even if that update is “No new news”."

So, no, it isn't excusable and Captainnana recognizes that.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
To that I quote Slowpoke:

"For a while now there have been concerns expressed about a lack of communication from myself to you on the forums. This post is going to be an attempt to try and remedy this situation. From this point on, I am going to attempt to put out a post every weekend with updates on different areas of FTB. Even if that update is “No new news”."

So, no, it isn't excusable and Captainnana recognizes that.

And I made that post 12 days ago, before Captainnana clarified, a post which I read and promptly liked. So I am aware of what's going on; try to stay caught up on things before calling someone out on an old post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hambeau
Status
Not open for further replies.