FTB News - July 10th, 2015

B

Big Bad

Short news this week. We're pretty much all out of the office on holiday! We'll be back in a bit!

Pack Updates:

Betas seem to be the news of the week!

Our popular flagship pack, Infinity, has received an update in the form of a beta today. You can now download Infinity 1.8.1 and give it a spin on Curse Voice for Minecraft as well as the FTB Launcher. Assuming all public tests run smoothly, it will be relabeled as a recommended build.

Direwolf20 1.7.10, Lite 3, and Trident betas with also join the latest Infinity build and will be available within 24 hours. Cloud9 and Vanilla+ will follow suite with beta builds of their own on Monday.

Changelogs for all updates will be available shortly once we sort out a bug in our systems.

Mod-of-The-Month:

Work continues on the reconfiguring of June’s pack. We’ll keep you updated as new information arrives.

Voting for July’s pack will continue till July 16th.

New Store Additions:

Quick tidbit - this weekend merchandise featuring Lite2 and Lite3 will make their reappearances in the store! Be on the lookout.

Last edited by a moderator:

BloodsMIsts

Jul 29, 2019
Make ALL the public betas. In the mean time the 6 of us are twiddling our thumbs... and toes to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their pretty white coats and they're coming to take me away Ha HA! :D

Reactions: GreatOrator

smi13r

Jul 29, 2019
I only mentioned it because one of the modpacks I use is about a month/3 updates behind and previously changelogs have been a low priority.

smi13r

Jul 29, 2019
I did not know about this new hub, thanks for the link. Maybe change the link under Modpack forum as this is the one I've been using and it sends me to the atlassian.net page.

Last edited:
B

Big Bad

I did not know about this new hub, thanks for the link. Maybe change the link under Modpack forum as this is the one I've been using and it sends me to the atlassian.net page.

Thanks for the head's up. We'll get that switched over as soon as we can.

Reactions: TDarkShadow

Millicent Oak

Jul 29, 2019
Has the third party packs tab had some packs removed? I just started up the launcher to play some Crash Landing, but I can't find it in the list. I tried looking for a pack code to re-add it, but all it says in the google sheet is "[Listed]". It was there yesterday, I was on it for hours :p

C4Motorbiker

Jul 29, 2019
Yea. I launched up FTB Launcher and non of the regular 3rd Party Packs where there. I just wanted to play Regrowth and it took like 30m to find tha Pack Code.

Millicent Oak

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed Regrowth was missing too, managed to guess the pack code, although I then found the pack codes list here. My main problem though is that I finally returned to get on with end game stuff in Crash Landing a few days ago and have been utterly hooked... but there's no pack code for it in that document! After an hour or so I gave up trying to find or guessing the code, and added a profile in the vanilla MC launcher, told it to run the appropriate forge version, pointed it at the right directory, then crossed my fingers and hoped. It's working that way, happily.

Dekarus

Jul 29, 2019
It seems that this broke the launcher: I get an error (Unhandled exception in Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main]: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1) now whenever I open up an official modpack, and 3rd party packs won't load anymore. (Please wait while mods are being loaded...)

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Thanks for the head's up. We'll get that switched over as soon as we can.

Until now, I was almost completely unaware of the existence of a changelog hub, let alone that you had it in a new location. Methinks you should make it a point to scan for links that need updating and include them in the news segments as they happen.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
If people are waiting for the MotM modpack and really can't wait, I have gone ahead and made an unofficial pack for people who want to try.

If you click the banner in my signature, it should take you to the page itself, hopefully that will tide people over until the official release is out.

pAznik

Jul 29, 2019
If people are waiting for the MotM modpack and really can't wait, I have gone ahead and made an unofficial pack for people who want to try.

If you click the banner in my signature, it should take you to the page itself, hopefully that will tide people over until the official release is out.
I am not excited about those micro packs, but if you will extend this pack with next MotM, i think this could be great pack ;)

Last edited:

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
I am not excited about those micro packs, but if you will extend this pack with next MotM, i think this could be great pack ;)
I was fully intending on people clicking on the big pink rectangle.

The micropacks were something I tried a year ago, I still see some potential in them if just to go against the whole kitchen sink culture.