Open Server FTB Lapito's Galacticraft Modpack Server No Banned Items PVP

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

DonkeyPanic

Jul 29, 2019
0Bgdza8.jpg
SERVER IP IS feedthedonkeyftb.com:33333
CANT GET THE PACK TO LAUNCH?
WATCH THE VIDEO, contains a fix :D
Try out the FTB Galacticraft Pack in the FTB Launcher as Lapito's Galacticraft Modpack! No Rules, No Item Bans, No Staff, Plenty O Ram...Go to the moon, without the Government getting all up in your business.
We use a random spawn to ensure that ALL items can be allowed without fear of someone blowing up spawn. Start with full diamond gear, food, wood, coal and other creature comforts.
Server is PVP/Factions with, Again, No Rules.
See website for additional allowed client-side mods http://goodandevilftb.enjin.com/galacticraft

See ALL of our FTB servers on 5 different Packs HERE

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
I would rather have a hard PvE server than a PvP server, as I feel PvP servers with raiding and such never get balanced (Newcomers can't do jack to raids, because they don't have any good gear, and can't get it because they get raided) and because it makes cheating a way bigger issue than it was before. So yeah, if you could make it a PvE server instead, that would be great.

DonkeyPanic

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with your concerns about PVP vs PVE, here is the problem as i see it: there are items in the modpack that can bypass any form of protection from towny to griefprevention to preciousstones, etc. so if we make grief against the rules, griefers will still grief, but law abiding players wont. im trying to provide you with a level playing field. now, as far as other possibilities, we could look into keepinventory and or a pvp toggle. but make no mistake, people who find your base and want to destroy it can do so. thats the modpack, not me, and not the plugins. the one thing i wont do is ban the items. its rare to find a server for this pack, and i dont want to deny people the items in it. Thanks for letting us know your opinion. feel free to reply!

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
Ah yes I see your points, and it is a tough nut to crack indeed. But then again, I suppose ICBM is a mod very much focused on PvP (I suppose you could nuke a zombie, but it would be a bit overkill). Else you have to make it more deathmatch-ish (Like maybe Walls or so). While the playing field is more even when you are allowed to grief, players who got started before you will have the edge in the end, as they just got an amount of stuff that protects them from everything, and 16 different missile silos that can target anything living in a big radius. I am not a big fan of raiding, as some dick always find your base in the end, and you're gonna end up sad. I'm probably bad at hiding my base, but I never manage to even get started with basic machines and stuff, because my base gets raided. That ruins my game expirience, so why even continue playing if your base got raided and you have nothing left? Revenge? The guy who killed you just got all your stuff to add to his collection, so if you thought he was OP before, he is definitely OP now. Building bases? Might as well do that in creative. Then I might actually be able to move around 100 blocks away before someone went into my base, took everything of value and left a sign just to be a pretentious dick. So yeah, that is how I feel

DonkeyPanic

Jul 29, 2019
i feel you on this, a couple pieces of advice on hiding in pvp modpack style: the biggest is, in my experience, its not where you are, its who you trust. dont tp anyone to your base, only faction with people you know in RL or with people you know from another server. dont make friends on a pvp server, but if you do, make sure its at their place, not yours. look out for trackers, make your base at bedrock, and keep your really good stuff in another location with a sethome. only claim one chunk with /f claim, just a place to sethome. since protections dont stop mod weapons, f claims only serve as a flag of your location. here are tips on gaurding against xray:
i didnt watch the particular vid, but there are others like it if that one sucks..
lastly, if you know you dont like pvp/grief type server, while it is not galacticraft, i do offer that on direwolf20 1.5.2 at donkeyftb.com:25729 make sure if you go you enable biomes o plenty. that server has rollback, grief protection, and has items banned that can break claims (mining lasers, nukes, etc). all in all i agree it sucks to start and have the cards stacked against you, but you got it right, the ICBM mod is geared toward pvp, and its pretty damn OP at that. Hope to see you around Sleepy. You seem like a good dude.

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
i feel you on this, a couple pieces of advice on hiding in pvp modpack style: the biggest is, in my experience, its not where you are, its who you trust. dont tp anyone to your base, only faction with people you know in RL or with people you know from another server. dont make friends on a pvp server, but if you do, make sure its at their place, not yours. look out for trackers, make your base at bedrock, and keep your really good stuff in another location with a sethome. only claim one chunk with /f claim, just a place to sethome. since protections dont stop mod weapons, f claims only serve as a flag of your location. here are tips on gaurding against xray:
i didnt watch the particular vid, but there are others like it if that one sucks..
lastly, if you know you dont like pvp/grief type server, while it is not galacticraft, i do offer that on direwolf20 1.5.2 at donkeyftb.com:25729 make sure if you go you enable biomes o plenty. that server has rollback, grief protection, and has items banned that can break claims (mining lasers, nukes, etc). all in all i agree it sucks to start and have the cards stacked against you, but you got it right, the ICBM mod is geared toward pvp, and its pretty damn OP at that. Hope to see you around Sleepy. You seem like a good dude.

Yeah, I am not geared towards PvP, but I really feel Galacticraft would be fun to play PvE, as you can explore the universe with your friends. While I think DW20 pack is good, Unleashed just got a bit more (I might consider a change of pace soon though). Anyhow I can only say you seem like a nice guy too, and that I hope we see again.

minermaster0904

Jul 29, 2019
doom sometimes its better to make your own stuff rather than steal it from others
(btw I know doom if you want to talk to him)

laboblox

Jul 29, 2019
the mod pack the FTB launcher provided isn't on par with what you server has; i tried manually changing files to the right version, but that led to ID conlicts. is there a way i can get around this?

Vega_Omega

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get on. Minecraft says "can't reach server" when I add it to my list. How do I fix this.​