1. This section of the forums is now closed. You can post and answer support requests on the new support site here

FTB Error Loading Mods

Discussion in '[Archived] Tech Support' started by Gomezzz, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gomezzz

Gomezzz New Member

My Error is when trying to launch up the FTB launcher (have tried re-downloading about 3 times now), it will just keep saying
    The Error message unfortunately can't fit in this thread and I don't know if links are allowed so just PM for the Paste Bin link. Thanks :D

2. Ashzification

Ashzification Over-Achiever

Links are allowed. Can you provide some more info? Launcher version, OS, java version, bit types, AVs

Gomezzz likes this.
  3. Gomezzz

Gomezzz New Member

http://pastebin.com/ApcptKn2
    Its a .jar (tried .exe too, same problem). All I have done is downloaded the modpack and it just comes up with an error. I downloaded today at around 4:30 US Central Time.

4. Ashzification

Try turning off all firewalls and antivirus' while trying to do the initial download. java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect -This tells me either a firewall or antivirus is/are blocking your attempt to connect.

Gomezzz and Vauthil like this.
  5. Gomezzz

Gomezzz New Member

It didn;t work. Would I have to restart for it to work?

6. Ashzification

It couldn't hurt

Gomezzz likes this.
  7. Gomezzz

Gomezzz New Member

Still the same error. :(

8. Ashzification

What antivirus are you using?

Gomezzz likes this.
  9. Gomezzz

Gomezzz New Member

Norton Security Suite. I've tried allowing the program, disabling it, and restarting my computer a bunch.

10. Ashzification

Uninstall it. Download. If you're set on using Norton, then reinstall it. If you're willing to look elsewhere: avast! anti-virus Home. It's free and doesn't suck :p

jdreeve and Gomezzz like this.
  11. Gomezzz

Gomezzz New Member

Okay just a minute :D

12. Gomezzz

Gomezzz New Member

Hmm still occurring. Do you think it's Windows Firewall?

13. Ashzification

yes

Gomezzz likes this.
  14. Gomezzz

Gomezzz New Member

Turned it off but its still not working. I cant figure out how to turn off Defender. I am really starting to wonder what it is.

15. Ashzification

Gomezzz and Vauthil like this.
  16. Gomezzz

Gomezzz New Member

That apparently isn't it either. I'm running out of ideas for what could be causing it. I'll try restarting again I guess.

17. Gomezzz

Gomezzz New Member

Still not working. smh

18. Gomezzz

Gomezzz New Member

OMG IM SO HAPPY. It was another Norton thing that It didn't uninstall. Thank you for teh help <3

Vauthil likes this.
  19. Vauthil

Vauthil Runs With Scissors Team Member Global Moderator

Make sure to throw likes at Ash's posts too, she saved you from having to face me throwing random Microsoft IPv6 hotfix patches at you, thinking that with all else failing it had to be a very obscure fault there. It's an easy way to show appreciation that adds up. =)

Gomezzz and Ashzification like this.
  20. Ashzification

No problem. The right answer is almost always something simple. And when all else fails, do it all, all over again :)

jdreeve, Gomezzz and Vauthil like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.