FTB Crashes when adding server to list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dihi

Jul 29, 2019
My FTB is outright crashing and creating a crash log every time I attempt to add a server to my list. After that if I even click on Multiplayer then it crashes. I can't even get to the list anymore. The only way I can get it to stop is by re-downloading the pack (Mindcrack) and trying again. It does the same thing all over again, though.

No clue how to fix it, and none of the other threads I looked at or googled had this particular problem :S I have the lastest crash log if anyone thinks that will help, as well.

For reference: I have never gotten on to a FTB server before. This is my first time trying to connect to a server.

ExEvolution

Jul 29, 2019
if its crashing while typing the IP, use the numpad instead, or go into controls and change "Item Renderer" from zero to something else, I've heard of the item renderer hooking in the main menu and causing crashes

Dihi

Jul 29, 2019
It crashes after typing everything in and hitting the button to add it to the list, if I'm adding it there, or when I hit the button to connect via the direct connect.

And then after that it crashes if I just try to go in to the multiplayer list.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Oh hey, Java's crashing, not Minecraft.

Try uninstalling any old copies of Java you have and installing the latest version. Remember to get the 64-bit version if you have a 64-bit OS.

This isn't guaranteed to fix your problem but if it doesn't we know it's not because you're using a dated Java. There's a major security flaw in earlier versions of Java 7 and the FTB Launcher may have been tweaked to block the exploit.

Lucashayes

Jul 29, 2019
My fiancee's laptop is crashing with the same error, at the same point (simply clicking multiplayer).

Lastest Java 7 x64, Windows 7 x64, fresh install of FTB running FTB Lite.

It doesn't crash on vanilla, or any of the other 10+ mod sets she has in MultiMC so this is definitely something related to FTB or one of its mods.

This thread is also related. Funny enough, fiancee has exact same laptop as that guy.

Lucashayes

Jul 29, 2019
I found this, it makes sense that it would work but I don't use windows. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1325271-exception-access-violation-fix/
Ah that didn't work but you set me on the right track.
It's some kind of problem between the bigfoot network card driver and java. Search more into that I've found a few posted related that said updating the driver fixed it.
Seeing as how she never uses the bigfoot (only ever uses wireless) I just uninstalled the driver completely and now it works \o/.
Still strange how this only affected FTB and not vanilla or other modded MC's.... oh well.

Dihi

Jul 29, 2019
Ah that didn't work but you set me on the right track.
It's some kind of problem between the bigfoot network card driver and java. Search more into that I've found a few posted related that said updating the driver fixed it.
Seeing as how she never uses the bigfoot (only ever uses wireless) I just uninstalled the driver completely and now it works \o/.
Still strange how this only affected FTB and not vanilla or other modded MC's.... oh well.
That worked for me too!! I messed around with the permissions for a while with no luck after I got home from work, but once I noticed this post I found that getting rid of the bigfoot network drivers worked! I have no idea how you managed to figure it out, but thanks! And to everyone else who helped, too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.