FTB Admin tools that may or may not exist.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
As an admin I would like to:
1. Be able to see offline players inventories and positions.
2. Be invisible to players while doing my admin duties.
3. Be able to fly through walls / into the ground.
4. Get X-Ray vision so I can see into player structures.
5. Be able to force unload chunk(s) that have no business being loaded.
6. Get a version of/alternative to Opis that can jump me to / highlight instances of blocks / tile entities / entities by name.

On the last point:
/chunkloaders and the Opis report both will highlight force loaded chunks, but will NOT give the actual co-ordinates of the chunkloader.
Also, the Opis integrated mapwriter has always been buggy for me and I've never been able to use it to navigate to problematic entities, chunks or tile entities.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
2. Be invisible to players while doing my admin duties.
its called potion of invisibility creative mode (or in 1.8 spectator mode). I also believe that Ichun made a mod that let you see what other players see. Not sure what it was called though

4. Get X-Ray vision so I can see into player structures.
Every hacked client ever. Most servers have tools to deal with it anyway. If your server is not whitelisted I hope yours does as well. A nice resource pack that has no textures for certain blocks also works pretty well.

Be able to force unload chunk(s) that have no business being loaded.
I believe chicken chunks had something for it.

Last edited:

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Every hacked client ever. Most servers have tools to deal with it anyway. If your server is not whitelisted I hope yours does as well.

I am not tyring to hack, or prevent hacking. I am trying to investigate performance issues without smashing through walls when /tp or Opis puts me in solid rock.
As a legitimate player I am unfamiliar with the hacked client scene, and would far rather achieve my 'hacking' via a legit admin mod.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I am not tyring to hack, or prevent hacking. I am trying to investigate performance issues without smashing through walls when /tp or Opis puts me in solid rock.
As a legitimate player I am unfamiliar with the hacked client scene, and would far rather achieve my 'hacking' via a legit admin mod.
Resource packs would also work.
Rendering blocks is client side thus the only way I can see a server side plugin is when that same plugin also deals with people who use x-ray hacks/resource packs.
You are afraid of lag, yet you keep adding more and more stuff to the server for no real reason as the things you want to do are already available to you all be it a bit less convenient.

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
1. ForgeEssentials allows you to see players inventories, not sure if you can see offline players inventories. You can also teleport to the location where a player logged out.
2. FE has a /vanish command, but it has some issues. The mod Lenscas is reffering to is PiP, Picture in Picture.
3. FE has a /noclip command that allows this.

Reactions: GreenZombie

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
You should be able to see inventories with /invsee playername Does not work with offline players, just tested it.
The command to teleport to the players logout position is /tpl but it's from FTB Utilities, I thought it was from FE.

Stuey74

Jul 29, 2019
I have not found these commands.

to see peoples inventories using FE is /invsee [player] this does not work if the player is offline though.

As for an alternative to OPIS there is nothing out that works and now in the latest infinity releases OPIS is not even shipped due to it being broken

Goshen

Jul 29, 2019
Installing kacauldron gives a big performance boost and tweaks to performance like being able to control growth rate of crops and mob spawns and much more.

Then you can use plugins

1.openinv- open offline players inventories and enderchests.
2.vanishnopacket- complete invisibility and silent chest opening and no picking up items dropped