FTB & 1.6.4

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
I'm usually kind of stuck when deciding I want to play the game easy, hard, challenging or most efficient, so that always makes me not able to make a decision when it comes to configurations xD

lol. yeah. that is one of the harder parts of balancing things yourself. also. configs. usually you end up changing them during the course of a world because you stumble onto somehting that aren't quite to your liking. now add to that worldgen issues that may crop up as well. world reset mecha. ugh

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
perhaps if you are looking for a more streamlined pack check out Shneekycraft on the ATLauncher?

the reason why I wanted to play RR is mostly because it's a working pack with recent releases of the UE mods that's all compiled and configured for you ready to use

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
the reason why I wanted to play RR is mostly because it's a working pack with recent releases of the UE mods that's all compiled and configured for you ready to use
ShneekeyCraft for 1.6.2 has Mekanism, and I'm working on including Atomic Science (my computer frying somewhat delayed this, since it had all the files). It also has AE, which I believe technically counts.

After a long and hard decision, MPS did not make it into the mod pack because it was just... too easy. Particularly with the force fields.

What other UE mods did you want included?

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
RR is also in BETA. The process of pruning the pack is already underway. Also if you have Underground Biomes installed I'd uninstall that since its terror on system resources.

But to be honest, Resonant Rise in 1.6 is just one of the heralds of future modded minecraft packs. Lower systems are going to take a pounding. That's just the law of technology. Personally I've enjoyed a marked improvement in performance between 1.5.2 RR and 1.6.4. My PC is 4 years old and has a very cheap graphics card yet I maintain +50fps

Ryahn

Jul 29, 2019
RR is also in BETA. The process of pruning the pack is already underway. Also if you have Underground Biomes installed I'd uninstall that since its terror on system resources.

But to be honest, Resonant Rise in 1.6 is just one of the heralds of future modded minecraft packs. Lower systems are going to take a pounding. That's just the law of technology. Personally I've enjoyed a marked improvement in performance between 1.5.2 RR and 1.6.4. My PC is 4 years old and has a very cheap graphics card yet I maintain +50fps

Would you suggest I change to RR?

Antice

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah. i saw on the G+ group. looking forward seeing what is going to be pruned away from the pack. my system is not a lower end system however. it's only about 3 years old, and it was built custom for gaming too, altho i am a bit light for RAM. I had one of my RAM cards burn out on me, so i just pulled it out without replacing it with a new one, gonna build a new rig fairly soon i think tho. or just get new RAM and a pair of disks, this rig can still do most games decently, even gfx intensive ones.

tbh. the only mods i really do feel a direct need for, is TiCo,IC2,TC4,BC,railcraft, and forestry/MFR.(don't need both, altho i have a hard time choosing between them). Mods i don't mind, but tend not to use is the UE series, probably due to unfamiliarity more than anything else. mekanism is, I have found, a decent alternative to IC2 tho.
myst,twilight forest/other extradimensionals are fine, they usually are very optional, and are easy to ignore when you don't care to use them. altho i like to have them around in case the mood strikes me. same for biome mods, altho i didn't find the underground biome mod to really add big value, so that one is indeed going away from my system next time i try it out. (prolly tomorrow, i do want to try out ars magica, the new system looks damn cool)
there are also a lot of mods i would probably miss if they weren't there, but whose items i rarely think about as coming from separate mods. that list is probably much longer, and i would miss them if they went away.

then there were the mods i really just didn't like, like minechem,agriculture, metallurgy and minegica. they added a lot of stuff, that really weren't useful to me, (or that i didn't like the mechanics for),and thus just added useless items to the world. especially metalurgy with it's orespam annoyed me a lot. they are kinda useless when you use TiCo and MPS for all your tools/armor annyway.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Create an RR instance, go to the mod's folder and delete what you don't want. You'll have to do this again with updates but it should get you your personally pruned pack perfectly ported per performance

Reactions: Cirom

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Create an RR instance, go to the mod's folder and delete what you don't want. You'll have to do this again with updates but it should get you your personally pruned pack perfectly ported per performance

yeah. that is indeed what i had in mind to do. it's what i have been doing to all the FTB packs i have played as well. first to go from unleashed were dartcraft and EE3. Dartcraft annoyed me with the tendency towards easymode. yeah, it can be fun for a short while, but it kinda took away a lot from the game too. it could be a very good mod, if it was rebalanced and pruned a bit i think. it definately do have some cool items.
EE3.. well.. i don't like transmutation. same reason why i don't like minechem tbh. I also shy away from UU matter for anything it's not absolutely essential for.
I do the same with bee breeding. i never actually use the bees for anything, i just breed them because i want to collect them all. same goes for the forestry trees too. i might breed them for the change of pace, or as a sub game, but they aren't really used for anything beyond decoration. tbh.. most of the stuff that comes out of my factories are building supplies anyhow. give me shiny blocks with lots of variation, and i am a happy camper. too bad underground biomes is such a FPS killer. i kinda liked having all those different types of stone to play with.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
ShneekeyCraft for 1.6.2 has Mekanism, and I'm working on including Atomic Science (my computer frying somewhat delayed this, since it had all the files). It also has AE, which I believe technically counts.

After a long and hard decision, MPS did not make it into the mod pack because it was just... too easy. Particularly with the force fields.

What other UE mods did you want included?

I'd have to say most UE mods, which are Universal Electricity, Resonant Induction, MFFS, Atomic Science, Mekanism, ICBM and Dark's Core Machine & Addons
what I like about the UE mods is that if you combine them all, you pretty much have an already good modpack going.
thought I'm a bit unsure about ICBM, it's fun to mess around, but for a server.... I don't know

Umbrix88

Jul 29, 2019
I have the RR 2.11b running on my own small VPS and is working like a charm, nog error, no drops nothing.
So a server with RR is possible and easy aswell.
It does depend on the amount off people ofcourse.

My Starting script is doing all the magic:

java -Xms1G -Xmx3G -jar -XX:permSize=128M -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -XX:NewRatio=2 -XX:CMSFullGCsBeforeCompaction=1 -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -Xnoclassgc -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection -XX:parallelGCThreads=2 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=1G minecraftforge.jar

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I have the RR 2.11b running on my own small VPS and is working like a charm, nog error, no drops nothing.
So a server with RR is possible and easy aswell.
It does depend on the amount off people ofcourse.

My Starting script is doing all the magic:

java -Xms1G -Xmx3G -jar -XX:permSize=128M -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -XX:NewRatio=2 -XX:CMSFullGCsBeforeCompaction=1 -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -Xnoclassgc -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection -XX:parallelGCThreads=2 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=1G minecraftforge.jar

might want to put that inside a code tag like this, to prevent things like smilies from happening

Code:
java -Xms1G -Xmx3G -jar -XX:PermSize=128M -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -XX:NewRatio=2 -XX:CMSFullGCsBeforeCompaction=1 -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -Xnoclassgc -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection -XX:ParallelGCThreads=2 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=1G minecraftforge.jar

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I'd have to say most UE mods, which are Universal Electricity, Resonant Induction, MFFS, Atomic Science, Mekanism, ICBM and Dark's Core Machine & Addons
what I like about the UE mods is that if you combine them all, you pretty much have an already good modpack going.
thought I'm a bit unsure about ICBM, it's fun to mess around, but for a server.... I don't know
UE itself is no longer a mod, but an API. I have Mekanism, working on Atomic Science. MFFS... I should probably get around to that. Resonant Induction has had quite a few crash bug type problems, so I've been hesitant to include it.

What is Dark's Core Machine and Addons? I haven't heard of that one yet.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
UE itself is no longer a mod, but an API. I have Mekanism, working on Atomic Science. MFFS... I should probably get around to that. Resonant Induction has had quite a few crash bug type problems, so I've been hesitant to include it.

What is Dark's Core Machine and Addons? I haven't heard of that one yet.

I know UE was turned into an API, but I still like to name it xD
as for Dark's Core Machine and Addons, you can find it here http://universalelectricity.com/coremachine
it contains Core Machine, Fluid Mechanics, Assembly Line, Farm Tech and Greater Security

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I know UE was turned into an API, but I still like to name it xD
as for Dark's Core Machine and Addons, you can find it here http://universalelectricity.com/coremachine
it contains Core Machine, Fluid Mechanics, Assembly Line, Farm Tech and Greater Security
Hmmm... looks interesting. Once I get my computer back up and running, I'll probably be including these into ShneekeyCraft.

Question about Fluid Mechanics... how does it handle steam? I'm trying to find an alternative to run Steam Turbines (from Atomic Science) from a Boiler, and needing something with sufficient throughput to handle the demand for a 3 x 3 turbine.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm... looks interesting. Once I get my computer back up and running, I'll probably be including these into ShneekeyCraft.

Question about Fluid Mechanics... how does it handle steam? I'm trying to find an alternative to run Steam Turbines (from Atomic Science) from a Boiler, and needing something with sufficient throughput to handle the demand for a 3 x 3 turbine.

not telling this from my own experience, but I heard the fluid mechanics were a good alternative for TE liquiducts
you'll probably have to do some testing to know for sure though

Status
Not open for further replies.