Forge Essentials Creeper Explosion

Kris1432

Jul 29, 2019
is there any ways to turn off the creeper explosion, but keep the damage aspect of the creeper so i don't have to worry about my players ruining the landscape, but they still feel the wrath of the creeper. Its possible in normal essentials. could anyone confirm that you can do this? if so how?

thanks

Kris1432

darkinnit

Jul 29, 2019
I tried the mobGriefing false for a while. So here's my experience:

It sounds like a good idea in principle, to protect all those expensive machines, but creepers just become a non-issue altogether. There is no fear anymore. With even just plain unenchanted iron armor (on Normal difficulty), you can just take the hit and carry on. Creepers become less dangerous than skeletons and zombies because the creepers only attack once and then you don't even have to kill them.

Also ghasts no longer break netherrack, making the nether far too safe to wander around in.

Those are just my opinions though, and different people want different things from the game, so it's entirely your choice.

If you're looking for balance, I wouldn't disable mobGriefing. A more reasonable solution I've seen is people asking for mods/settings which increase the explosion drops to 100%, so you can at least repair the damage, but I haven't tried any such mods.

If you're looking for easy mode (and there's nothing wrong with that, different people play differently), mobGriefing false is exactly what you need.

darkinnit

Jul 29, 2019
Although I've already decided against it myself, if there is anyone who wants to turn off creeper damage without turning off MobGriefing, take a look inside config/CodeChickenCore.cfg

You don't even need ForgeEssentials...

Reactions: guiguilyon
D

Draimond

Any idea's on how to disable creeper explosion blockdmg in a zone / area with ForgeEssentials.
Trying to set up safe zones like global spawn and shops etc. I don't just want to despawn them in certain area's like the global spawn.
Creepers should be able to chase a player into a zone and damage them without hurting the building.
btw, I'm posting here because I've been googling for a fix for a month or so and this post is almost always up top.