Forestry Tree Breeding.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
No idea. It really depends on if Steve's cart works with them. Ive noticed some mod saplings don't play well outside their mods. Like XLBiomes saplings have issues with fermenter.
No, steve's carts does not recognize saplings that have been breed. Also if you update the latest ExtraBiomes xl (3.9.0) you can now put the xl biomes saplings in the fermenter.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Since we are on the topic of tree breeding, and this may have been asked elsewhere but might as well chance it here, what is needed to bring about mahogany wood? Thanks.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
Since we are on the topic of tree breeding, and this may have been asked elsewhere but might as well chance it here, what is needed to bring about mahogany wood? Thanks.
As far as I know its not implemented as a tree yet. I'm not sure if its in NEI to cheat in but if it is that's the only way as far as I can tell.

MouseyPounds

Jul 29, 2019
Mahogany wood is from the Yellow Meranti tree, so it you'll need to head down the Jungle line. The full set of breeding steps would be:
Silver Lime: Birch + Oak (15%)
Teak: Lime + Jungle (10%)
Kapok: Teak + Jungle (10%)
Myrtle Ebony: Kapok + Teak (10%)
Yellow Meranti (2x2): Ebony + Kapok (10%)

Reactions: Retec and Quesenek

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
Mahogany wood is from the Yellow Meranti tree, so it you'll need to head down the Jungle line. The full set of breeding steps would be:
Silver Lime: Birch + Oak (15%)
Teak: Lime + Jungle (10%)
Kapok: Teak + Jungle (10%)
Myrtle Ebony: Kapok + Teak (10%)
Yellow Meranti (2x2): Ebony + Kapok (10%)
Thanks for posting this. This must be new in forestry 2.0 because last I checked Yellow Meranti produced Yellow Meranti logs and planks but according to the game you are totally correct.