Feed The Beast - Redpower and 1.5.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Damn RP2 D: Please update D: I love your sorting stuff D: And the red alloy wire.. THE RED ALLOY WIRE! No one thinks about the poor red alloy wire? D:

Everlast

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I am concerned the FTB team communicates through Teamspeak. How did you come up with them lacking communication if I may ask.

lZJJvEl.png

Oh the irony.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Russjr

As for the FTB Team lacking communication, There is no way we can conclude that is correct. If you have ever made a pack there is lots of bugs to fix whenever a new minecraft version or even a new mod version. There are memory leaks, crashes, and a whole lot of other things. Nobody knows what is causing the problem the minute it happens. First they have to find out the problem, and in some cases this requires the mod author to fix it. As far as I am concerned the FTB team communicates through Teamspeak. How did you come up with them lacking communication if I may ask.
The problem is they had five days to post anything on this thread about a delay. They said nothing at all to us. The only information is through slowpoke's stream, which is not preferable at all to written news. The vast majority of people here would have been content with "There are more bugs than expected. We will not be releasing it as soon as expected. Please be patient as these bugs get fixed." instead of dead silence. The lack of communication is referring to communication between the FTB team and the FTB community, not just within the team. We can conclude that this is correct because us, the community, have heard nothing since this topic was posted.[DOUBLEPOST=1367616374][/DOUBLEPOST]
Maybe 35 seconds would have been more advisable, unless you are talking about medical referrals?
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/patient

Same word, same spelling, different meaning.

Spitefulrain

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is they had five days to post anything on this thread about a delay. They said nothing at all to us. The only information is through slowpoke's stream, which is not preferable at all to written news. The vast majority of people here would have been content with "There are more bugs than expected. We will not be releasing it as soon as expected. Please be patient as these bugs get fixed." instead of dead silence. The lack of communication is referring to communication between the FTB team and the FTB community, not just within the team. We can conclude that this is correct because us, the community, have heard nothing since this topic was posted.

I don't see the difference. It's obvious that something was wrong, and it won't be released as soon as expected. Why does everyone need the team to tell them that? Either way, you won't know when the pack is coming out. You will have no new information at all if they said that. The FTB team does communicate, hence this whole post about what they were doing when the status of RP2 was unknown. They don't know when the pack will be released, and I don't see the point in them telling everyone that they don't know.

And this isn't a "I'm right and you're wrong" post, just my opinion. I just don't get why everyone is so upset about not being updated this one time. They always update when they have plans laid out. And right now they don't.

RoloisRight

Jul 29, 2019
For anyone running a 1.0.2 server or playing multiplayer, there is a new silent update to the pack, secretroomsmod.zip.

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see the difference. It's obvious that something was wrong, and it won't be released as soon as expected. Why does everyone need the team to tell them that? Either way, you won't know when the pack is coming out. You will have no new information at all if they said that. The FTB team does communicate, hence this whole post about what they were doing when the status of RP2 was unknown. They don't know when the pack will be released, and I don't see the point in them telling everyone that they don't know.

And this isn't a "I'm right and you're wrong" post, just my opinion. I just don't get why everyone is so upset about not being updated this one time. They always update when they have plans laid out. And right now they don't.

It's the second best thing to actually having an update.

I just found out that 1.0.2 of ultimate doesn't work right also, I had to redownload it and not only does it randomly update for no reason, erasing optifine and a couple mods I added to play on my friend's server, but after finally getting it to behave itself, it either tells me the game is missing secretrooms which it is not, or it crashes and gives me some weird client error whenever I try to log into the server. So basically screw it, I'm done, I was done fixing mods myself when modpacks became a thing, so now it's time to just wait for the pack to update and add the mods we were adding in manually anyway, so I am looking forward to the new pack not only for the new content but to fix these weird issues with the old one, and some proper news is the next best thing.

I don't like watching streams because with written news, I can ctrl+F my way to the important part and skip all the fluff, but in a stream where people are talking, you have to put up with the irrelevant talking and there is a lot more of it. Not to mention it's live, so I can't just skip ahead like I do with normal videos when I want to know something.

But I guess what I'd really like is some more information on the problem instead of "We have no idea when it'll be released." because that would make the wait easier.

For anyone running a 1.0.2 server or playing multiplayer, there is a new silent update to the pack, secretroomsmod.zip.

How long has that even been there? I just posted about a problem I ran into relating to that mod and the server was started at the beginning of the week. (You ninja'd me)

Reactions: goreae

Matterbound

Jul 29, 2019
The main issue with the lack of communication is that we have absolutely NO idea of when the packs will be out. No time frame at all. None. It's certainly possible that the FTB team also have no idea at all when the packs will be out, and that's fine. They could at least say that so we're not left wondering. For all we know, they're still ironing out some bugs and it could be out in a week. Maybe a month. Maybe longer, maybe shorter periods of time. We have absolutely no idea... even if they do. I'm currently refraining from playing FTB since I don't want to have to make a new world if the packs come out in a week. If the packs will be updated in a month I'd probably keep playing, but that's the problem. We have no idea whatsoever. We don't need a specific date, just a general time frame of what to expect.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
I won't be making a "proper" world until 1.6. From what is said in this post, 1.6 will be a very stable version, and it seems mods not updating will no longer be an issue (at least until the next major code change -_-). Also, it seems 1.5 of FTB won't be recommended anyway.
Oh, and prepare to wait for 1.6 - it is 1.3 & 1.5 all over again ;)

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I won't be making a "proper" world until 1.6. From what is said in this post, 1.6 will be a very stable version, and it seems mods not updating will no longer be an issue (at least until the next major code change -_-). Also, it seems 1.5 of FTB won't be recommended anyway.
Oh, and prepare to wait for 1.6 - it is 1.3 & 1.5 all over again ;)

You're somewhat misinformed. From what I know 1.6 won't be all that helpfull in keeping mods compatible. Though minor update's like from 1.5.1 to 1.5.2 won't break as many of them as they used to. And Forge has put in place a system that'll keep smaller mods from needing to be updated.

The future plans for minecraft involves striping the game down to it's core and treating all updates as mods. Don't quote me on that I heard it from the Shaft podast #131 and I missed some of the conversation. I'll post a link to the cast if I can find it.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
You're somewhat misinformed. From what I know 1.6 won't be all that helpfull in keeping mods compatible. Though minor update's like from 1.5.1 to 1.5.2 won't break as many of them as they used to. And Forge has put in place a system that'll keep smaller mods from needing to be updated.

The future plans for minecraft involves striping the game down to it's core and treating all updates as mods. Don't quote me on that I heard it from the Shaft podast #131 and I missed some of the conversation. I'll post a link to the cast if I can find it.
Why listen to a podcast when you can ctrl+f?

The map team that I'm in was mentiened by slowpoke on the shaft, and i had to sit through half an hour of it just to get to the part I was interested in. Reading rules.

Paradox Draco

Jul 29, 2019
Well, fingers crossed that all our favourite mods update in time. If they don't, then they don't, simple as. Though I would miss Redpower...

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
Guys help me out. I know we have been waiting for the mods to update, but which are they. IdustrialCraft has a beta. Railcraft finished. Are we really only waiting for XyCraft? or is IC2 still not "stable" enough? I understand that they are going to release it without RedPower2. They have to. RP2 will not be ready until 1.6 at least. So what are we waiting for? Do we need to go give Soaryn some motivation?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Guys help me out. I know we have been waiting for the mods to update, but which are they. IdustrialCraft has a beta. Railcraft finished. Are we really only waiting for XyCraft? or is IC2 still not "stable" enough? I understand that they are going to release it without RedPower2. They have to. RP2 will not be ready until 1.6 at least. So what are we waiting for? Do we need to go give Soaryn some motivation?
I would say that now that 1.5.2 is out, we have to wait for that minor update. You can also look here.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
For those who want a replacement for Logic Gates, I am developing a ComputerCraft Program that is all RedPower Logic Gates in One

Version 1 is already out!. This version contains 9 gates already and has customisable inputs/outputs as well as more customisable delays for timers and repeaters

I know that MFR Rednet will most likely render this program useless but for those who want it will still be available

Reactions: goreae

Matterbound

Jul 29, 2019
For those who want a replacement for Logic Gates, I am developing a ComputerCraft Program that is all RedPower Logic Gates in One

Version 1 is already out!. This version contains 9 gates already and has customisable inputs/outputs as well as more customisable delays for timers and repeaters

I know that MFR Rednet will most likely render this program useless but for those who want it will still be available

That's pretty damn awesome, but is this really the thread to promote your stuff in? :s

Reactions: jumpfight5

runlvlzero

Jul 29, 2019
I'm more then happy to wait. I can understand the delicate dance that mod devs vs mod pack makers have to play especially in regards to minecrafts recent updates.

I can't even decide myself if I want to get into a new 1.5.2 world with a few mods installed myself. Or if I just want to wait for 1.6 to come out, or if I want to see what works in the latest snapshot. Because hey the snapshot updates are full of goodness also.

1.4.7 is a pretty decent release and I can live with whatever bugs there are in it, but I'm not that heavily invested in the tech mods either that I can't live without them and don't have any great factories built myself in FTB. So I'm not particularly attached.

If I played on a 1.4.7 server I'de be pretty happy to have all those features + a community.

So I don't quite get what the angst is over updates, it'll be when it'll be. But I can understand wanting to know the gritty details. In that case simply looking at the mods being updated on the individual modders sites will tell you what you need to know. Mystcraft is still 1.4.7, etc...

There's not much point in releasing FTB without the majority of the FTB core mods being stable. This is not official news, but hope it helps those waiting for news understand what the hold up is anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.