Extreme unplayable lag in FTB Unleashed

Son_Of_Diablo

Jul 29, 2019
Hello I have set up a FTB Unleashed server, but I'm getting some extreme lag.

My server specs are:

Xeon E5335 @ 2GHz & 2GHz
8 GB Ram
64-bit Windows server 2008

The servers internet speed is as following

I have tried with these settings in the StartServer.bat:
Code:
java -Xincgc -Xmx3072M -Xms1024M -Xmn512M -XX:PermSize=128m -jar ftbserver.jar
But that still lags

and these settings:
Code:
java -server -Xincgc -Xmx6G -Xms3G -Xmn512M -XX:NewRatio=2 -XX:CMSFullGCsBeforeCompaction=1 -

XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=2048 -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -XX:

+DisableExplicitGC -Xnoclassgc -oss4M -ss4M -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=90 -XX:

+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:UseSSE=4 -XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -cp

"ftbserver.jar" -jar "ftbserver.jar"

This will remove all lag, but the server will thene crash after about 5 minutes..

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what plugins you have or not if you have mcpc, all I know is the specs and that it lags so we can't help much, execpt that CPU is very underpowered and I'm doubtful it can support 5 people on unleashed without lag.

Son_Of_Diablo

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what plugins you have or not if you have mcpc, all I know is the specs and that it lags so we can't help much, execpt that CPU is very underpowered and I'm doubtful it can support 5 people on unleashed without lag.

I have the stock FTB Unleashed, I haven't added anything.
So with a better CPU I would lose some of the lag?

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I'd reccomend the 1240, 1270, 1280, i7 4970, i7 4770, and really any modern processor with a decent single threaded benchmark. Check on CPUbenchmark.net