Extensive Thaumcraft 3 documentation

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

denkbert

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone,
I have created an extensive documentation of the Thaumcraft 3 mod, including regular crafting recipes, recipes for the arcane worktable as well as recipes for the crucible and the infusion altar.
All crafting ingredients are linked either to the official Minecraft wiki (in case they're vanilla materials) or to a "resources" section with comments on how you can acquire or craft them.
The research page shows what aspects and preliminary research you need to complete research on a given theory.
Finally, there is also an extensive aspect/essentia list that shows what kind of items you need to throw into the crucible to get a specific desired aspect. All aspect icons in the item list and the research overview are directly linked to the corresponding aspect entries in this list so that you can easily find what you need.
If you are looking for something specific, you can do so by using the text search function of your browser with the CTRL + F key combination.
The site also has overview pages for the mods Iron Chests, Buildcraft and Balkon's Weaponmod, but those are slightly outdated since I have been working on the Thaumcraft 3 documentation for a while.

Do you have any comments or suggestions on how to improve the documentation? Would you like to see similar documentation for other mods?

denkbert

Jul 29, 2019
I will cross that bridge when I get there. Most mod packs are still stuck with 1.5.2 and even if Thaumcraft 4 gets released sometime soon, there will still be people and server communities who will keep using Thaumcraft 3.

denkbert

Jul 29, 2019
You can use the link in my signature to finish your info about research bonuses.

Wow, thank you. That list is indeed rather extensive. I am currently working on a complete technical rewrite of all pages (loading times are abysmally slow, that needs to change), and when I get to the research page, I will include the info from your thread.

Thanks for the headsup, it's much appreciated.