Problem Entity Count Climbing

Incomitatum

Jul 29, 2019
We have an area near spawn that slowly ticks up with entities. We've destroyed the machinery, and tanks and pipes and barrels... nothing. We are pretty sure it's not mobs, and it's not a pipe spilling items out onto the ground.

I know it's in region 0,0. I have even used Region Fixer to delete them all, but when the server restarts it goes again. At the end of one day we have close to 2000 entities, somewhere, we can't see them and F3+B only shows the bounding boxes of entities that we can have line-of-sight on.

Any ideas? The server runs REAL smooth, except for near there. Anyone who goes to the center of town lags real bad unless I have just wiped the region with Region Fixer.

barryman2

Jul 29, 2019
Do turret bullets count as entities? Maybe if a chunk was unloaded as one was firing it could hang/get stuck. And you have a lot of turrets at welcome area. Just a thought

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
I believe it is traincraft that currently has an issue caused at 0,0, if you have it installed try removing it.

DocHuzz

Jul 29, 2019
I've just finished reading the traincraft mcf thread, and I'm not convinced that our problem is related to traincraft in the least. There is only one traincraft train in the world AFAIK, at Moon's place, and it isn't a full sized train. When you load this up in MCEdit, can you pick the entity or even find them anywhere? That may be a good starting point.

Incomitatum

Jul 29, 2019
Well I tried opening the region in NBT (or ANY of our regions of that matter) and I get this error.

Error when loading the file:
The magic number in GZip header is not correct. Make sure you are
passing in a GZip stream.

For detailed information see 'error.log'.

So, back to the drawing board. :/

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
Larroke,

I'd like to hear more about this Hypothesis; what do you know of the issue?

I'll try to find the reference, I think it was a video i was watching that stated there was an issue with a mod spamming entities to 0,0,0 and causing all kinds of havoc (they removed the mod temporarily) I thought it was Traincraft, and assumed it was a worldgen issue, but I may be wrong. It was mentioned that the issue was already fixed and not released or something.

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Larroke,

We are trying to upgrade to Mindcrack v8 to hope it's fixed.
As always.. Backup your entire install (I copy the entire folder and increment it for each "attempt" ) prior to doing anything. This is different then just backing up world files, a bit more thorough with only a little extra space used.

Incomitatum

Jul 29, 2019
Well, thank you Larroke, and thanks to MickRedBeard

As a result we have done some actual science. The problem IS Train Craft. I am linking my discovery in NBTexplorer (pictured) as well as my region.

TC_BugFound.jpg

http://dogsofthestate.com/MC/TC_BugRegion.zip

Incomitatum

Jul 29, 2019
Even after updating to v8 this problem persists. We have been playing for several hours now and 0,0 is up to 800+ entities again. I seem to wipe the server every morning with Region Fixer to make this manageable. We will be yanking Train Craft since now we know that is what was causing it.

shakey2

Jul 29, 2019
This isn't a real solution but maybe you could try bukkitforge and the clearlagg plugin? It deletes entities when it starts getting too laggy and you can specify what you want it to delete, when you want to delete the entities, if you want to warn players and how long of a delay after the warning before it deletes them.