Enchanting Strategies

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Growle

Jul 29, 2019
Set up a wither skele drop to 1 hp pit, picked up sword of the xzepher. 15 sec or so of swining = 30 levels. Enchant book. Repeat. I actually built the thing to get skulls, but a few minutes of looting zepher made the need for automation vanish.

Early on, level 1 book enchants were nice for getting unreaking/protections/sharpness/e.t.c 1 books to get tools up to level II.

I'll eventualy grind for a unbreaking III book if I havn't found one in a loot chest to put on a repair/eff V Tool or sharpness/repair sword So that they cause less flux repairing ^^'

If flux / durability is an issue you could always try for a nanosaber...it won't have the AoE aspect of the zephyr, but you can (last I checked) throw book enchants on it to make it more effective and it's only a few more hits...get one with disjunction IV and you might just be able to 1 shot a wither skel or enderman :eek:

If you want to have some fun with it you could always try Xeno's Reliquary... Holy Hand Grenade (not of Antioch) should be able to kill off all those skellies without damaging the surrounding area at all (only damages entities). Maybe even holy water or w/e, dunno if it's a splash potion but if it is then that could also be interesting...

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
T5 blaze and wither skele farm, killed by 5 Meele turtles, Xp goes to a XP turtle, xp turtle enchants with custom enchanting program. I can get around 4-5 dubs of books in a night lol
This, but a little bigger (7 wide) so 2 xp turtles. Have a cow spawner next door so I never have to worry about running out of leather.

Growle

Jul 29, 2019
T5 blaze and wither skele farm, killed by 5 Meele turtles, Xp goes to a XP turtle, xp turtle enchants with custom enchanting program. I can get around 4-5 dubs of books in a night lol

Would you mind showing your setup and uploading your script to pastebin? I have been looking for a program like yours but I've got no luck. Would be rather generous of you if would provide a brief setup overview and paste the script on pastebin. :) thanks

Not to be a party pooper but I'm going to guess that if he created that specific enchanting program then he might not be willing to divulge that information. Anyone could then say they came up with it and reap the spoils of such a treasure... As a married man, I'm not sure that I could handle the throngs of women that would be throwing themselves at my feet to learn my secrets of coding. I'm also fairly positive that men and women alike would cower at the sheer strength of my newly formed epeen aura. No, I don't think the internet is ready for such powerful information... You will have to study the ways of LUA, God of all turtles.

On a more serious note, I'm pretty sure you could find these programs through google.

Reactions: Roady

Kocyk

Jul 29, 2019
I've set up autoenchanter from Minefactory with Tier 5 Soulshard spawner. Just throw stack of books into auto-feeding relay and pull enchanted books with router. Return after couple of hours to check what did you get.
Best part is somehow you can get multiple enchants on single book this way.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
You will have to study the ways of LUA, God of all turtles.
LOL

Well, I did post a bit of working code in a previous thread.

Code:
enc = peripheral.wrap("right")
enc.setAutoCollect(true)

while true do
  sleep(20)
  if enc.getLevels() >= 30 then
    turtle.select(16)
    if turtle.getItemCount() == 0 then
        print("No more books!  Keep up!")
        break
    end
    turtle.transferTo(1,1)
    turtle.select(1)
    enc.enchant(30)
    if turtle.drop() ~= true then
        print("Chest full or something dummy...keep up!")
        break
    end
  end
end
For this one, I plop the turtle down with its back to the spawner (facing out), put a stack of books in the lower right, and run the program while the spawner is kicking out mobs. Come back in a little while and see what kind of goodies you've picked up. Like a previous poster said, even the garbage books can be useful for extra thaumcraft aspects or for stepping up enchants to a higher version. And if you want the xp from the mob spawner, just Ctrl-T to terminate the run and activate that magic coin. ;)