Eloraam disappeared again

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stairmasternem

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trained in the ways of month-day-year anyways. Then again, I prefer the format of 17-Apr-2013 myself. Least confusing.

Stairmasternem

Jul 29, 2019
I forgot quite a few things that the American's ruin... oh! Remembered one. Now, repeat after me: FREE-DOM
English was damaged before Americans like myself got to it anyways. I will never understand the silly quirks, such as invalid, to mean unacceptable, and invalid, a patient. WHY, ENGLISH?! Why the same spelling, but different pronunciation?!

That and Colonel. I went years thinking it was pronounced call-oh-nell.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
There should be no joking. No more laughter. More more smiling. People need to realize how much life sucks. Accept that it is all meaningless,

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
English was damaged before Americans like myself got to it anyways. I will never understand the silly quirks, such as invalid, to mean unacceptable, and invalid, a patient. WHY, ENGLISH?! Why the same spelling, but different pronunciation?!

That and Colonel. I went years thinking it was pronounced call-oh-nell.
that's where slang comes in, invalid as in patient is just pronounced "flid"

Oh I remembered another one: Mobile Phone, not Cell Phone.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
haha :D got me there, although, America is no more free than the UK, yet I see 'Muricans shouting freedom all the goddamn time and see none of that BS from Brits.

We're a bit rambunctious.

George Carlin said:
We come from that northern European, basically the northern European genes, the blue eyes. Those blue eyes. Boy everybody in the world learned real quick, didn’t they? When those blue eyes sail out of the north, you better nail everything down motherfucker. Nail it down, strap it down, or they’ll grab it. If they can’t take it home, they’ll burn it. If they can’t burn it, they’ll fuck it.

We just don't have any body to fight really so we act like we're fighting nothing.

Reactions: Ako_the_Builder

snooder

Jul 29, 2019
I subscribe to the more logical Day Month Year system of dating. Month Day Year is just... so foreign to me (literally)

Year Month Day is the most logical. Month Day Year is next most logical if you are working within the same year. Day Month Year is an abortion.

The key is "which works out to a better chronological order when sorted." Sorting Month/Day in numerical order gets you the days group together by month. Sorting Day/Month looks like ass.

Reactions: Darknesschaos
Status
Not open for further replies.