Elevator with Rednet

13rett

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm running a group of mods highly related to KirinDave's Resonant Rise modpack and decided that I wanted an elevator to move among the various floors on my house, a natura redwood tree. To fit I wanted it to be within a 3x1 area so it could stay in the corner without hassle. And I ended up with This elevator in a creative world.
It can be as high as you want:

It is simple to use

And it only needs one Rednet Controller Block with no upgrades.
2 pages to transfer the input signal and 4 to control the pistons.
The pages should be here:
http://s1362.photobucket.com/user/Brett_Graves/library/Elevator

However It also uses a lot of repeaters :/
World Download with signs explaining the various pieces.
EDIT: I should add that youll need the configs KirinDave posted in his G+ group for res rise, or be really good at guessing IDs lol.
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/YhbxaFyDBc/
If anyone has trouble understanding a part I can try to help. (though I'm a newb at rednet lol)

Thanks to PowerCrystals for the wonderful redstone system.

13rett

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. Like I said I just wanted a elevator shaft in a 1x3 area. lol. took a while to get right though.

ForJagler

Jul 29, 2019
Hawly awesome poop! that's just tremendous from pictures! I'll give it a try on my new sooner laptop but am curios , how much time it took you ?

13rett

Jul 29, 2019
it took like a week but it was mostly trying to figure out how to sequence a single tick pulse to each piston with time between them.
Thats what the block of repeaters is the sequence.

ForJagler

Jul 29, 2019
Aha .... (Like i understand all of it)... But no seriously it looks somewhat compact , and not complicated for the reason that you can hide repeaters down basement and only use up a bit of the place , and i guess Immibis microblocks lets you cove the rednet cable

13rett

Jul 29, 2019
it does I had to make sure otherwise it would have been back to the drawing board. lol

power crystals

Jul 29, 2019
Neat! Is there a reason you didn't use delay line circuits in place of the repeaters? They should let you accomplish the same thing.

13rett

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't use them because I didn't know about them. Like I said I'm new to how your mod works, though now that I know what there called Ill give them a look, thanks. :) After work I am definitely going to redo it with the delay line circuits.

power crystals

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, fair enough. It is fairly new.

To you and anyone else using this stuff, please feel free to tell me if you have ideas on what kind of circuits you need. I am not very redstone creative so it's hard for me to anticipate everything. The 7-segment encoder was suggested by someone on IRC whose name I forget; the delay line is from StevenRS11 (dim doors) and Wylker's (youtube spotlights) asked me for a multichannel delay line which should be in the next version. So if you're having to do something complex, let me know! I may be willing to condense that.