Easy-To-Use ComputerCraft Support?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I am not defining any word use by a native speaker as correct; even native speakers occasionally make mistakes. Yes, saying that such utterances would mean such things is absurd indeed, and that is why I never attempted to imply that such a thing is the case. Instead, I am saying that a statement is only considered acceptable if a native speaker finds it acceptable and ties it to the same meaning consistently aside from simple slips of the tongue.
If a native speaker genuinely does not understand the meaning of a large number of words they use, and perpetually substitute, say, "literally" when they mean "very", does that then make "literally" actually mean "very"? No.

Reactions: Padfoote

NegaNote

Jul 29, 2019
If a native speaker genuinely does not understand the meaning of a large number of words they use, and perpetually substitute, say, "literally" when they mean "very", does that then make "literally" actually mean "very"? No.
Actually, "literally" is not becoming a synonym of "very"; it is an intensifier that, while not meaning "figuratively", is used in a figurative manner, such as "literally makes my blood boil", etc. This particular meaning shift can be traced back pretty far; as far as I know, it appears in at least one of Shakespeare's works.

Usage determines meaning, regardless of prescriptivist guidelines and rules.

Blitzkninja

Jul 29, 2019
Dear Reika, I was wondering if you could add the ability to read values from other engines like the Gas Turbine? Also, would it be possible to have the list of methods give their return type too?

EDIT: I can't seem to place a CC network modem on a Shaft even though handbook says I can. Using Monster 1.1.1/CC 1.5.x

EDIT2: Or better yet, please give us an output for the dynamometer.

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Dear Reika, I was wondering if you could add the ability to read values from other engines like the Gas Turbine?
What do you mean?

Also, would it be possible to have the list of methods give their return type too?
Done.
j6ENrAQ.png

Blitzkninja

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean?
-snip-

I wish all devs had your enthusiasm. What I meant was that I can't interface with a Gas Turbine with a modem. The ECU doesn't give me the values for as far as I know either.

I am doing something for a school project. I am making a school project based on a RotaryCraft+ElectriCraft power plant. I am making a website wherein CC will send data to a database periodically and will be viewable on the website, it will also allow a user to issue commands through the website to administrate the power plant. I am trying to grab fuel/reservoir levels and turbine output rates however, I cannot find a way to read the direct values from the engine about it's output and status, I tried the ECU but no luck so yeah. I would love if the ECU also output the data for the engine it was operating.

Nonetheless, thank you for the nice update.

Blitzninja.

Blitzkninja

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so um, does anyone know of a good way to grab a Gas Turbine's Power Output in CC? Using Monster 1.1.1 w/ CC 1.58.

EDIT: Allow me to clarify, I cannot place a modem on to the Gas Turbine, is there any way to do so.

Last edited:

Vilmos

Jul 29, 2019
I wish all devs had your enthusiasm. What I meant was that I can't interface with a Gas Turbine with a modem. The ECU doesn't give me the values for as far as I know either.

I am doing something for a school project. I am making a school project based on a RotaryCraft+ElectriCraft power plant. I am making a website wherein CC will send data to a database periodically and will be viewable on the website, it will also allow a user to issue commands through the website to administrate the power plant. I am trying to grab fuel/reservoir levels and turbine output rates however, I cannot find a way to read the direct values from the engine about it's output and status, I tried the ECU but no luck so yeah. I would love if the ECU also output the data for the engine it was operating.

Nonetheless, thank you for the nice update.

Blitzninja.

I just wanted to say that sounds like a really interesting school project.

Blitzkninja

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so i have resorted to having a computer next to the Gas Turbine. Also, @Reika two things; 1.when will the support for computer craft 1.63 be added? Monster 1.1.2 (latest) does not and so I'm stuck on 1.1.1 which is a pain in the ass since I really liked the bugfixes. 2. In Monster 1.1.1 AND 1.1.2, Electricraft's Batteries cause my server to lag into the ground when using more than one on a large grid. I wanted to use them for my power plant's backup power supply but the server pretty much hangs when a redstone signal is applied to them.

EDIT: Also, I don't know if you fixed this but the output from getPower() doesn't return a table, it returns a long number which is a combination of powertorquespeed in that format and the GTs don't respond to the set speed setting on the ECU.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Okay so i have resorted to having a computer next to the Gas Turbine. Also, @Reika two things; 1.when will the support for computer craft 1.63 be added? Monster 1.1.2 (latest) does not and so I'm stuck on 1.1.1 which is a pain in the ass since I really liked the bugfixes. 2. In Monster 1.1.1 AND 1.1.2, Electricraft's Batteries cause my server to lag into the ground when using more than one on a large grid. I wanted to use them for my power plant's backup power supply but the server pretty much hangs when a redstone signal is applied to them.

EDIT: Also, I don't know if you fixed this but the output from getPower() doesn't return a table, it returns a long number which is a combination of powertorquespeed in that format and the GTs don't respond to the set speed setting on the ECU.
Given there are no planned further 1.6 updates, likely never.

Blitzkninja

Jul 29, 2019
Given there are no planned further 1.6 updates, likely never.
Do you happen to know when the next update will be coming out (1.7x I assume) and two, are you aware of and/or can you reconstruct the issues I am having with your electricraft batteries?

EDIT: So I tried making a custom version by downgrading only CCraft to 1.58 to test what mods break. The Forge Modloader's report scared me...

Last edited:

Blitzkninja

Jul 29, 2019
Update: So I managed to downgrade only computer craft and get the newer rotarycraft and now everything seems good except for a couple of things. @Reika were you able to reconstruct the issues I am having with your electricraft batteries? Also, Reika for some reason, calling getPower() on the jet turbine returns a string of numbers as <power><torque><speed> instead of a table, ie. at full power I get "67108864102465536" aka. <power><torque><speed> 67,108,864W + 1,024Nm + 65,536rad/s.
PIC:

EDIT: Never mind, I forgot to deserialize it... T_T

EDIT2: Nevermind, again. unserializing/serializing it only gives me the power, the torque and speed are lost.
PIC:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/att...8/?temp_hash=cc3316b4ce815697b3d3e67fe93a6382

Attachments

• numbernotable-rotarycraft.png
    numbernotable-rotarycraft.png
    334.2 KB · Views: 72
  • numbernotable2-rotarycraft.png
    numbernotable2-rotarycraft.png
    308.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Update: So I managed to downgrade only computer craft and get the newer rotarycraft and now everything seems good except for a couple of things. @Reika were you able to reconstruct the issues I am having with your electricraft batteries? Also, Reika for some reason, calling getPower() on the jet turbine returns a string of numbers as <power><torque><speed> instead of a table, ie. at full power I get "67108864102465536" aka. <power><torque><speed> 67,108,864W + 1,024Nm + 65,536rad/s.
PIC:

EDIT: Never mind, I forgot to deserialize it... T_T

EDIT2: Nevermind, again. unserializing/serializing it only gives me the power, the torque and speed are lost.
PIC:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/att...8/?temp_hash=cc3316b4ce815697b3d3e67fe93a6382
I do not use CC very much so I do not even know what is wrong.

OCP

Jul 29, 2019
hopefully this isnt too much of a necro but I am confused. Currently trying to setup some computercraft monitoring on various Rotary/Reactor machines and the book shows the same methods and functions that your screenshot above does but whenever I try to use them I get the error 'no such method'

Im running Monster 1.1.2 Was it never actually implemented in this version and the book isnt correct or am I doing something totally wrong?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
hopefully this isnt too much of a necro but I am confused. Currently trying to setup some computercraft monitoring on various Rotary/Reactor machines and the book shows the same methods and functions that your screenshot above does but whenever I try to use them I get the error 'no such method'

Im running Monster 1.1.2 Was it never actually implemented in this version and the book isnt correct or am I doing something totally wrong?
Update my mods and downgrade CC.