Dumb Modular Powersuit Tricks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
The reason is because tier limits where you can charge it. I decided that having it able to charge in a batbox was more important. Now that we're moving into 1.5, the IC2 api will have itemstack-sensitive versions of all their item functions, so when I'm going through and reworking everything for 1.5, I can mix it up and have it depend on the tier of battery installed for example.

Argh. You make me want to start modding so bad. 1.5 is out, that sword of damocles no longer hangs. We're just so busy at work, getting ready for our series A.

I dunno, do you think people would be interested in my clojure integration w/ minecraft? I made it so I had a lisp repl for a minecraft world, but I could see modding with it. Then: no more cruddy grandpa-java.

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
It's possible. Forge has preliminary Scala support now, so I suspect Clojure is just another step along that path. :)

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
CloJure is basically LISP for the JVM. So it can run and interface with Java the way ASP interfaces with C# or VB in the .NET framework.

Scala is its own language which combines a lot of modern features from C# and functional languages, but still runs on the JVM.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
I think the big question will be, "How good are these generators?" If the kinetic generator can keep even with me branch mining on a 50% overclocked pickaxe tool and give me good longevity running around, that'd be a good outcome. Cuz like.. diamond drills are pretty good and last a LONG time with just a normal lappack. And I refuse to live life without perma-Haste. :)

I'm curious, because i'm getting very low mining speeds even with the tool overclocked to max on Pickaxe mode. It's very much *worse* than the Diamond Drill (non advanced). In fact, it can't even keep up with an Efficiency III Diamond Pick in terms of mining speed. I'm definitely experiencing some odd behavior, or is this an intended nerf?

*I should note the Axe is also running slower than even a vanilla Diamond axe on max overclock, and i think only the Shovel is working properly. I'm running latest DW20 pack.

Mobott

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curious, because i'm getting very low mining speeds even with the tool overclocked to max on Pickaxe mode. It's very much *worse* than the Diamond Drill (non advanced). In fact, it can't even keep up with an Efficiency III Diamond Pick in terms of mining speed. I'm definitely experiencing some odd behavior, or is this an intended nerf?

*I should note the Axe is also running slower than even a vanilla Diamond axe on max overclock, and i think only the Shovel is working properly. I'm running latest DW20 pack.

Did you make sure that it has enough power?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019

At max overclock it's about the same as an efficiency V pick.

Enjoy your enchanted tools while you can. They will be nerfed soon. The IC2 folks seem to believe it is not intended. You can hear people making fun of this fact numerous times on DW20's SMP series.[DOUBLEPOST=1363403162][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's possible. Forge has preliminary Scala support now, so I suspect Clojure is just another step along that path. :)

I'm amazed they got Scala to compile. That build system. THAT BUILD SYSTEM. Screw you forever, SBT.

Heck, that whole toolchain is hosed (and the community is one of the worse ones). Which is too bad because Akka is the many of the good parts of Erlang and Play is a pretty sweet framework. But anything would be better than vanilla Java. That language shows its age nearly as much as Objective C does.

I'll have to look into offering my work to Forge.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
At max overclock it's about the same as an efficiency V pick.

Enjoy your enchanted tools while you can. They will be nerfed soon. The IC2 folks seem to believe it is not intended. You can hear people making fun of this fact numerous times on DW20's SMP series.[DOUBLEPOST=1363403162][/DOUBLEPOST]

I'm amazed they got Scala to compile. That build system. THAT BUILD SYSTEM. Screw you forever, SBT.

Heck, that whole toolchain is hosed (and the community is one of the worse ones). Which is too bad because Akka is the many of the good parts of Erlang and Play is a pretty sweet framework. But anything would be better than vanilla Java. That language shows its age nearly as much as Objective C does.

I'll have to look into offering my work to Forge.

You seem to have misunderstood me. I don't enchant IC2 tools. In fact, i just defended in another thread that i absolutely don't condone people that exploit that, because if they were to be enchanted, they would be enchantable in a vanilla enchantment table, and they're not. So i don't do that.

What i said, is that at MAX overclock, the Power Tool is not working at the same speed as either a vanilla Diamond Pick (Efficiency III), or even a regular, unenchanted, Diamond Drill. In fact, it seems the only aspect that's working at the proper speed is the Shovel tool, the others seem to be really slow. ESPECIALLY when mining obsidian. It takes about the same amount of time as breaking it with an Unenchanted Diamond Pick. I'm really clueless as to what is going on, especially since it IS draining 1kJ of power with each block. And, yes, i do have the Diamond upgrade installed.

Again, i should note, i try and not use exploits. I think they take away all the fun out of minecraft. The only exploit i use, sometimes, is the glowstone piston X-Ray thing, so i can find my mining turtles when they get lost.

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
You seem to have misunderstood me. I don't enchant IC2 tools. In fact, i just defended in another thread that i absolutely don't condone people that exploit that, because if they were to be enchanted, they would be enchantable in a vanilla enchantment table, and they're not. So i don't do that.

What i said, is that at MAX overclock, the Power Tool is not working at the same speed as either a vanilla Diamond Pick (Efficiency III), or even a regular, unenchanted, Diamond Drill. In fact, it seems the only aspect that's working at the proper speed is the Shovel tool, the others seem to be really slow. ESPECIALLY when mining obsidian. It takes about the same amount of time as breaking it with an Unenchanted Diamond Pick. I'm really clueless as to what is going on, especially since it IS draining 1kJ of power with each block. And, yes, i do have the Diamond upgrade installed.

Again, i should note, i try and not use exploits. I think they take away all the fun out of minecraft. The only exploit i use, sometimes, is the glowstone piston X-Ray thing, so i can find my mining turtles when they get lost.
Never heard of this happening before, but 1.5 is out now so I'm going to be focusing my spare time and energy on updating for that.
personally, I don't very much like the modular power suits. They slow me down far too much.
You're doing it wrong.

Reactions: Barbarian Kitten

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
personally, I don't very much like the modular power suits. They slow me down far too much.

I'm sorry. It must be done.
watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1363447860][/DOUBLEPOST]
What i said, is that at MAX overclock, the Power Tool is not working at the same speed as either a vanilla Diamond Pick (Efficiency III), or even a regular, unenchanted, Diamond Drill.

Interesting, because that's definitely Not My Experience™. Right now (because of GT recipes) I can't put an ultimate battery in my primary game's suit and so I've had to turn the pickaxe speed down. But when I had it on max it was as fast as my efficiency V thaumium pickaxe. One of my unreleased stupid-tricks videos was sprinting at max overclock while mining through a solid wall without slowing down. So...?

However, I will note that right now our server is tracking a bit behind the latest release.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Never heard of this happening before, but 1.5 is out now so I'm going to be focusing my spare time and energy on updating for that.

You're doing it wrong.

No problem. MPS is already an awesome module as is. What i probably will end up doing is salvaging the components for the Pickaxe Module and reinstalling them, and see if that doesn't fix the problem. If not, i'll still use the other parts of the suit, which are working perfectly fine, and just go for diamond drill, enchanted pick or something else. And probably stash my power tool for when the new version comes out and i can use it as it was intended ^^

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I am actually putting my MPS away in my GT world a bit huffily. I have fixes for a few problems, but not all of them, and with these new versions of it's very hard to not just take the easy road and use the Advanced Jetpack/Nanochest combo and those tools. Since this is actually a pretty highly rated google thread for the module, I figured it'd be nice to continue the discussion here. Please not that this advice takes GT-centric config more into account than the IC2 recipes. It also applies a bit more to TE.

Problem 1: The Suit's Batteries are Microscopic!
You can charge an MPS in any IC2, and even LV power sources do a good job of that. That's because the config has a file that says 1 EU = 50J. This seems great, right? Cheap charging! Right... except that any IC2 tools you do will be taking 50x the EU cost from that. One medium-level battery (which uses lapotronic crystals) can hold 500kJ. This is a mere 10000EU, even a humble electric wrench or electric treetap can bankrupt your armor! For direct comparison, this is the size of the feeble internal battery on your Diamond Drill.

You might suggest an upgrade to the battery, but look at the costs for the extreme end capacitors. 6 chrome and 2 lapotronic cryatls. Anyone who's familiar with Gregtech should immediately spit-take; that's an expensive build for armor. It's more expensive than many pieces of quantum armor, and you'll need to manufacture multiples of them! That battery can hold a much huger sum: 10x! So now we're holding a whopping 100000 EU. Fire a mining laser and plummet to the ground like a wounded bird.

Even worse, if you do forego a chestpiece of wear an IC2 chestpiece, if your armor is on the bottom half of your body it'll be sapped before the top due to the MPS mechanics. Since salvaging capacitors seems to never work (I tried it on a testmode server and didn't have it work 10 times out of 10, make sure to make a wise choice.

Solution: There is a config entry "Joules per IC2 EU". As counter-intuitive as this seems; you want to turn this down. Honestly you might even want to bring it below 0 if you want even some sort of parity with the actual cost of what you're sinking in. You drop multiple Lapotronic crystals in a capacitor, you expect something like the EU you put in. I'd recommend setting this to 0.5. This means you'll need more hefty charging resources for your suit.

Problem 2: Even if you change that constant, the tools themselves are sorta costly.

Basically, the maxout point of most of the tools is somewhere around the "Advanced" Gravisuite tools, but their power consumption at those modes is really high. Well before you have any iridium on you, you can have an Advanced Diamond Drill and a cool million EU on your back. But let's say you think GraviSuite's new toolset is OP. Fair enough! Even compared to the basic Diamond Drill it's a tough comparison. A diamond drill can use up to 80 EU per operation. If you're wearing even a basic lappack, you can mine ~3750 blocks before having to recharge. Using ONE of the non-iridium bearing batteries and using a 2/3 overclock (which is about as fast as the diamond drill in my estimation) your 500kJ battery gives you 665 blocks broken, 17.5% percent!. Even if you were to utterly forego armor spend 20kg of your 26kg weight allotment on these batteries,that'd be 1 megajoule and another 2 lapotronic crystals., you'd still be running out of steam at a mere 1330 blocks.

So until you have the maximum battery, the tools are prohibitively expensive to use. Overclocking tem basically ruins your day. So if you do implement my fix for problem 1, the only reason you would't just use the IC2 tools charged off your battery is that you You might want to point out the generators as a counterpoint, but wait a sec on that...

Solution: Welp, you need to go into the config settings and reduce the base costs for the core tools. The exact number? I'm not sure. I'll update this part of the post once I have a better idea. My guidepost is that the 50% overclock should be competitive with the diamond drill and the 100% should be competitive with the diamond drill in terms of speed. A bad way to to fix this is to up the base speed to make lower settings more competitive because you could easily end up with 40x mining speed. Due to the regenerative generator it should be less efficient, but not the less-than-30%.

Problem 3: The Kinetic Generator Does Not Help With Problem 2

Problem 2 is that the tools are too expensive, but MPS has regenerative power. One relatively early solution is the Kinetic Generator. The Kinetic generator is worth its weight in batteries for the leg and foot upgrades; maxing out every movement assist doesn't even offset the power gain by 50%. Amazing, right? But when you do go mining the tool consumes so much energy that you find yourself running back and forth in your branch mines. And the solar panel won't help you here (good luck building it on a GT config though). It seems wrong that the kinetic generator generates huge sums of power on boosted leaps to the point where moving will recharge your suit faster than a Charge-O-Mat.

Solution: This is more for the mod designer to address. In the interim we could increase the cost of the movement skills to come closer to balance with the generation of the kinetic engine, or decreasing the max threshold of the kinetic generator. The config values are straightforward, but I'm not sure what the right call is.

Problem 4: Under Gregtech, the recipes are insanely expensive. Under IC2, they're quite cheap. Under Thermal Expansion, they're gated only on a bit of infrastructure.

There isn't a fix for this. It's just a balance problem. The MPS recipes for IC2 are crazy iron hungry, but any decent automining will enable better-than-gravitysuit results without any iridium and they completely invalidate every other kind of armor in the game. The Gregtech recipes require more chrome than a fusion reactor. It's actually more cost effective to build a Gravity Suit! The net result is pretty amazing, but there is literally no in-between. You either have every bit of speed you want or none of it at all.

I originally fell in love with the mod because it has a power curve. But I confess it feels very haphazard. On my DW20 server, using the MPS turned me into an unparalleled god. I put away a quantum suit for it. On my AdvanceCraft (consider it like Ultimate but with a bit more) server, I've sunk a ton of resources into my suit and I'm underperforming and have to put down my suit a lot.

Solution: There isn't one. Sorry.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Very good points. All of them. I believe MPS is not better than a GraviSuit. Sure, you can fly faster, and you can run faster, and you have regenerative power, but that's about it. So you're spending more resources than a GraviSuit in order to fly/run faster, when using GT recipes. I don't think that's cool, at all. I think they should ofer less, and cost less, and i think the recipe should be consistent whether you use GT, vanilla, IC2, TE, or whatever... Basically, choose one recipe and stick with it. Is MPS meant to be an addon to IC2? To GT? To TE? To Universal Electricity? To vanilla? I really think the mod should focus on being an addon to one of them, and then balance the recipe based on that. Sure, it's the MODPACK'S problem, in part, for not turning off the alternative recipes when GT is installed, or choosing between TE and IC2 recipes when both are installed, and disabling the Vanilla recipes when either of them are.

Under the problem of it not being defined as an addon to any given mod, or vanilla, comes the issue you talked about, of energy balance. Personally, i think it would be ideal if all the major tech mod developers could agree on using a single standard for power that all the mods could work with, but that's in my little dream world and i know it's probably not going to happen. In the meantime, what is MPS being balanced against? That's the main problem right now. I think all of the points you talked about can be tracked back to this single, and most important issue. What is it being balanced against? Is it the IC2 Quantum Suit? Is it GraviSuit? What? When that question has a definitive answer, then the discussion can move forward.

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
I am actually putting my MPS away in my GT world a bit huffily. I have fixes for a few problems, but not all of them, and with these new versions of it's very hard to not just take the easy road and use the Advanced Jetpack/Nanochest combo and those tools. Since this is actually a pretty highly rated google thread for the module, I figured it'd be nice to continue the discussion here. Please not that this advice takes GT-centric config more into account than the IC2 recipes. It also applies a bit more to TE.

Problem 1: The Suit's Batteries are Microscopic!
You can charge an MPS in any IC2, and even LV power sources do a good job of that. That's because the config has a file that says 1 EU = 50J. This seems great, right? Cheap charging! Right... except that any IC2 tools you do will be taking 50x the EU cost from that. One medium-level battery (which uses lapotronic crystals) can hold 500kJ. This is a mere 10000EU, even a humble electric wrench or electric treetap can bankrupt your armor! For direct comparison, this is the size of the feeble internal battery on your Diamond Drill.

You might suggest an upgrade to the battery, but look at the costs for the extreme end capacitors. 6 chrome and 2 lapotronic cryatls. Anyone who's familiar with Gregtech should immediately spit-take; that's an expensive build for armor. It's more expensive than many pieces of quantum armor, and you'll need to manufacture multiples of them! That battery can hold a much huger sum: 10x! So now we're holding a whopping 100000 EU. Fire a mining laser and plummet to the ground like a wounded bird.

Even worse, if you do forego a chestpiece of wear an IC2 chestpiece, if your armor is on the bottom half of your body it'll be sapped before the top due to the MPS mechanics. Since salvaging capacitors seems to never work (I tried it on a testmode server and didn't have it work 10 times out of 10, make sure to make a wise choice.

Solution: There is a config entry "Joules per IC2 EU". As counter-intuitive as this seems; you want to turn this down. Honestly you might even want to bring it below 0 if you want even some sort of parity with the actual cost of what you're sinking in. You drop multiple Lapotronic crystals in a capacitor, you expect something like the EU you put in. I'd recommend setting this to 0.5. This means you'll need more hefty charging resources for your suit.
  • I changed the default ratio like a month ago but if your config file was already generated there's not really anything I can do about it without screwing over users who actually did take the time to configure it to their tastes. Three guesses which side I'm on for that one.
  • Capacitors are listed as being unsalvageable in my FAQ. The reason for this is because people wanted capacitors to give the suit 'starting energy' which I totally agree with, it's way nicer, but then if you salvage and reinstall the item, you get free energy.
BTW, the first ratio was copied from the UniversalElectricity defaults, because that was the first electricity system I added support for.
Problem 2: Even if you change that constant, the tools themselves are sorta costly.

Basically, the maxout point of most of the tools is somewhere around the "Advanced" Gravisuite tools, but their power consumption at those modes is really high. Well before you have any iridium on you, you can have an Advanced Diamond Drill and a cool million EU on your back. But let's say you think GraviSuite's new toolset is OP. Fair enough! Even compared to the basic Diamond Drill it's a tough comparison. A diamond drill can use up to 80 EU per operation. If you're wearing even a basic lappack, you can mine ~3750 blocks before having to recharge. Using ONE of the non-iridium bearing batteries and using a 2/3 overclock (which is about as fast as the diamond drill in my estimation) your 500kJ battery gives you 665 blocks broken, 17.5% percent!. Even if you were to utterly forego armor spend 20kg of your 26kg weight allotment on these batteries,that'd be 1 megajoule and another 2 lapotronic crystals., you'd still be running out of steam at a mere 1330 blocks.

So until you have the maximum battery, the tools are prohibitively expensive to use. Overclocking tem basically ruins your day. So if you do implement my fix for problem 1, the only reason you would't just use the IC2 tools charged off your battery is that you You might want to point out the generators as a counterpoint, but wait a sec on that...

Solution: Welp, you need to go into the config settings and reduce the base costs for the core tools. The exact number? I'm not sure. I'll update this part of the post once I have a better idea. My guidepost is that the 50% overclock should be competitive with the diamond drill and the 100% should be competitive with the diamond drill in terms of speed. A bad way to to fix this is to up the base speed to make lower settings more competitive because you could easily end up with 40x mining speed. Due to the regenerative generator it should be less efficient, but not the less-than-30%.
I also changed the defaults on this several times, but again, you have a config file generated by build 42.

Problem 3: The Kinetic Generator Does Not Help With Problem 2

Problem 2 is that the tools are too expensive, but MPS has regenerative power. One relatively early solution is the Kinetic Generator. The Kinetic generator is worth its weight in batteries for the leg and foot upgrades; maxing out every movement assist doesn't even offset the power gain by 50%. Amazing, right? But when you do go mining the tool consumes so much energy that you find yourself running back and forth in your branch mines. And the solar panel won't help you here (good luck building it on a GT config though). It seems wrong that the kinetic generator generates huge sums of power on boosted leaps to the point where moving will recharge your suit faster than a Charge-O-Mat.

Solution: This is more for the mod designer to address. In the interim we could increase the cost of the movement skills to come closer to balance with the generation of the kinetic engine, or decreasing the max threshold of the kinetic generator. The config values are straightforward, but I'm not sure what the right call is.
This module wasn't even made by me and is being moved to a separate mod in 1.5, but again it's configurable.

Problem 4: Under Gregtech, the recipes are insanely expensive. Under IC2, they're quite cheap. Under Thermal Expansion, they're gated only on a bit of infrastructure.

There isn't a fix for this. It's just a balance problem. The MPS recipes for IC2 are crazy iron hungry, but any decent automining will enable better-than-gravitysuit results without any iridium and they completely invalidate every other kind of armor in the game. The Gregtech recipes require more chrome than a fusion reactor. It's actually more cost effective to build a Gravity Suit! The net result is pretty amazing, but there is literally no in-between. You either have every bit of speed you want or none of it at all.

I originally fell in love with the mod because it has a power curve. But I confess it feels very haphazard. On my DW20 server, using the MPS turned me into an unparalleled god. I put away a quantum suit for it. On my AdvanceCraft (consider it like Ultimate but with a bit more) server, I've sunk a ton of resources into my suit and I'm underperforming and have to put down my suit a lot.

Solution: There isn't one. Sorry.
Thanks, that's really helpful and not completely subjective.

I'll be making recipes individually configurable soon, so hopefully those who are dissatisfied with the costs of the items can find the time to cater to their own nitpicky demands instead of expecting me to read everyone's mind at once.

I also intend to change the 'tinkering' system at some point, but that's going to require a lot of back-end work that I don't have time for at the moment.

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
Very good points. All of them. I believe MPS is not better than a GraviSuit. Sure, you can fly faster, and you can run faster, and you have regenerative power, but that's about it. So you're spending more resources than a GraviSuit in order to fly/run faster, when using GT recipes. I don't think that's cool, at all. I think they should ofer less, and cost less, and i think the recipe should be consistent whether you use GT, vanilla, IC2, TE, or whatever... Basically, choose one recipe and stick with it. Is MPS meant to be an addon to IC2? To GT? To TE? To Universal Electricity? To vanilla? I really think the mod should focus on being an addon to one of them, and then balance the recipe based on that. Sure, it's the MODPACK'S problem, in part, for not turning off the alternative recipes when GT is installed, or choosing between TE and IC2 recipes when both are installed, and disabling the Vanilla recipes when either of them are.

Under the problem of it not being defined as an addon to any given mod, or vanilla, comes the issue you talked about, of energy balance. Personally, i think it would be ideal if all the major tech mod developers could agree on using a single standard for power that all the mods could work with, but that's in my little dream world and i know it's probably not going to happen. In the meantime, what is MPS being balanced against? That's the main problem right now. I think all of the points you talked about can be tracked back to this single, and most important issue. What is it being balanced against? Is it the IC2 Quantum Suit? Is it GraviSuit? What? When that question has a definitive answer, then the discussion can move forward.
Yes, you're right, I should totally limit how users can use the mod just so a single entitled tween on the internet can have his every whim catered to. That's totally what this mod is about.

I am so sick of these kinds of 'issues'.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
  • I changed the default ratio like a month ago but if your config file was already generated there's not really anything I can do about it without screwing over users who actually did take the time to configure it to their tastes.
  • Capacitors are listed as being unsalvageable in my FAQ. The reason for this is because people wanted capacitors to give the suit 'starting energy' which I totally agree with, it's way nicer, but then if you salvage and reinstall the item, you get free energy.
Is that so? I didn't see it in your changelogs. I did try to look over them and your github. I'll regenerate with haste. I (we? you?) should bug the FTB people because every time I update I keep that config, and two other servers tracking FTB builds still have those numbers.

As for the salvaging, the time it sucks is when you realize you should never put your first capacitor anywhere but your MPS helmet, grumble around the room, then proceed to use your last titanium and sapphires to make another. Because it's a rude awakening when you fire a mining laser while wearing a lappack and have it drain the suit. My first experience was over a lava lake shooting at glowstone. There is a reason I love the Glider module; it stems from this experience.

This module wasn't even made by me and is being moved to a separate mod in 1.5, but again it's configurable.

Fair enough! That's what that commit message was about. This was more to assuage complaints I had not explored the mod as distributed.

Thanks, that's really helpful and not completely subjective.

I don't mean to say your hard work is not appreciated. I know you get a lot of truly lousy feedback from folks to the tune of "This is op" or "this is terrible" and I tried to keep this from being like that. But you yourself said when I mentioned this once before that you'd been much more engaged in coding the mod than worrying about every facet of mixed modpack design balance. That's fine. 1.5 is more important than any of this bs.

I thought maybe we could discuss how to properly balance its config against FTB Ultimate, since there's really no reason that has to be your job.

I'll be making recipes configurable soon, so hopefully those who are dissatisfied with the costs of the items can find the time to cater to their own nitpicky demands instead of expecting me to read everyone's fucking mind at once.

I am sorry if everyone's criticism gets you down. Please know that the only reason I do it is because I like your mod and I have definitely hyped it and you around here. If I hadn't invested at least a half dozen hours just torquing around with it (and reading the source to get a handle on what a modern minecraft mod written by someone who isn't writing singletons named "MyMod" looks like), I wouldn't bother to write this at all.

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
edit: err, hi I didn't realize you would respond while I was editing around my little temper tantrums, 1 sec

---
OKAY. So yeah.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm actually working on an infrastructure in the move to allow any electric item to be used as a power source, so that will hopefully assuage the issue with ic2 items draining power from the suit since the suit will just drain it right back. (Mainly because I expect a lot of issues with energy systems being migrated, especially UE, so I'm trying to put a buffer layer in.)

I fully support discussion of how to actually balance the config file!

Reactions: Guswut