Dumb Modular Powersuit Tricks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
Ehhh... the mod uses the sneak key so if I change it the same problem will happen... I already use the other keys to change the power fist mode but the sneak+mousewheel still works, that's the problem.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
Ehhh... the mod uses the sneak key so if I change it the same problem will happen... I already use the other keys to change the power fist mode but the sneak+mousewheel still works, that's the problem.
But if you rebind sneak then you won't have to press sneak to activate your mousewheel, you'll press the button you rebound it to instead.

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing Minecraft for years with the sneak at that key, I won't change it because a mod messes that up.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
I've been playing Minecraft for years with the sneak at that key, I won't change it because a mod messes that up.
I don't know then, hopefully the config option will be fixed in the next version (and if you aren't on the latest version you could try updating manually). What sort of mouse needs a button to activate the mouse wheel anyway?

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
Logitech G700. The mouse doesn't require to push a button to use the mousewheel, the power fist does. The whole problem comes from that.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
Logitech G700. The mouse doesn't require to push a button to use the mousewheel, the power fist does. The whole problem comes from that.
Oh, I see the problem. I misunderstood when you said that the button to activate the mousewheel is the same as sneak. Hopefully the config will be fixed soon then.

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
I can't install the ME Wireless Access Terminal in the power fist, the button is red even if I have the item in my inventory. I tried both a linked and unlinked. How do I fix that?

Edit
Got it. This line was missing in powersuits.cfg in the modules section:
B:"AppEng Wireless Terminal"=true

It allowed me to see that a Control Circuit was also required to install the module.

Last edited:

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Can anyone tell me which addon for the suit causes the reduction in mining speed?

I'm pretty sure it's on the torso, but if I mine go mining with just the helmet equipped (for night vision), my power fist goes crazy fast, but once I equip the chest (with most of the addons including the jetpack) my mining speed noticeably drops off. This carries over to other tools too, so my TiCo pick, shovel, axe and hammer all work a lot slower when i'm fully suited up.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
Can anyone tell me which addon for the suit causes the reduction in mining speed?

I'm pretty sure it's on the torso, but if I mine go mining with just the helmet equipped (for night vision), my power fist goes crazy fast, but once I equip the chest (with most of the addons including the jetpack) my mining speed noticeably drops off. This carries over to other tools too, so my TiCo pick, shovel, axe and hammer all work a lot slower when i'm fully suited up.
Are you flying? That's the only thing I can think of.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019

Flying does that. Same effect aqua affinity

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

Flying would do that, as might excess weight. If you've got Flight Control in your helmet, I recommend attaching it to a keybind, so you can turn it off most of the time.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Flying would do that, as might excess weight. If you've got Flight Control in your helmet, I recommend attaching it to a keybind, so you can turn it off most of the time.

Flight is probably it, given I never turn the jetpack off. Not sure how excess weight would cause that without also hurting my ability to fly though.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Flight is probably it, given I never turn the jetpack off. Not sure how excess weight would cause that without also hurting my ability to fly though.
Based on my experience months ago (things might've changed behind my back since then), the jetpack turns itself off whenever you're not holding the spacebar. However, Flight Control keeps the jetpack running all the time, even when you think you're on the ground, thereby reducing your mining speed because you're actually still flying, if only a millimeter off the ground.

You said that it only reduces your mining speed when you equip the chestplate with jetpack. I think that if you take your helmet off, but leave the chestplate equipped, the problem will disappear, because removing the helmet will disable the Flight Control that I can only assume is in it. If this is the case, set your Flight Control to toggle and you'll be fine.

Reactions: Omegatron

Anaxode

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

Someone know how i can remove the hardcoded key "z" "s" from the Flight Control ?? Im using QZSD to move :s
This is so dumb, that worked nice befor the last update and now this suck.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
Hi,

Someone know how i can remove the hardcoded key "z" "s" from the Flight Control ?? Im using QZSD to move :s
This is so dumb, that worked nice befor the last update and now this suck.
You should be able to change it in the normal minecraft keybind menu unless you are using a really outdated version.