Dartcraft, why even?

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
It is defenitly fortune. Fortune gives a chance for extra drops that avarages out at about 2.2 times the standard loot. A pulverizer is 2.0 wich is realy rather close. So no its not fortune as in it gives a chance, but yes it is equally unbalanced in that it gives roughly the same multiplier to metals that shoudnt be getting it. No matter what requiresments it has, be it an enchanting table with a high amount of XP or some metals throw together running on coal (and infact dubling XP output from ores aswell because of dubble the amount of bars gained). Infact its so broken that every mod that wants to do ore processing needs to add the multiplier or otherwise it cant compete. So i agree that fortune 4/5 will just leads to every other mod needing to add it aswell. But it is in no way different from a macerator/pulverizer!
Know why macerators/pulverizers exist in mods and not in vanilla? Because it's a completely different game. Modded MC usually needs a considerable higher amount of metals in order to do anything, and that's why IC2 started the trend. Really, IC2 alone uses so much iron it'd be rather tedious if it didn't add a way to duplicate it as well.

I would be quite fine with the super drill if you couldn't use enchants with it on AoE mode.
And then people would go back to their TCon hammers, which are at least half as fast, and people would start complaining about them again.
This game is impossible to win.

What if the reason everything in dartcraft has the word force in it is because he's trying to force you to use his mod by making everything overpowered?
moped please

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, what Daemon is talking about it as TC feature where you can increase your Luck with mining as well as applying lapis as long as you've already applied at least one lapis to the tool. He is saying that using this you can get Fortune 3 by just mining with one lapis.

TIL!!
The sheer amount of lapis I used in my previous world. I think I maxed out 4 or 5 tools :p

Reactions: SpitefulFox

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
You also fabricated the lapis.

No we never fabricated lapis. Blaze rods and emeralds but not lapis.

I did bring a lot of stuff from the previous map though, including lapis. Which I guess was kinda fabricated, in a manner of speaking.(buggyprojecttable)

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't actually tried lapis on a hammer yet. Because I have it full of redstone and moss and mostly use it for making tunnels kinda like the old Destruction Catalyst but a tiny bit slower. (And I haven't made a TiCo pick in this world because DartCraft :D)

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
I tested the lapis thing, and it's really good on tools with AoE but pretty pointless on single-target tools.

Yeah, I just tried it myself on my steel fortune pick. Started with 224/450, mined up about 6 stacks or so of stone (place stack -> mine stack -> replace stack and do it again). Rechecked, and now I'm at 230/450. So it's like a 1 point bonus for every 64 blocks you mine. Not exactly what I'd call overpowered.

You can basically spend minimal lapis and an absurdly long time of mining, or an absurd amount of lapis. Pick your poison, but neither way is particularly cheap on a single-target tool.

Back to the nether for more nether lapis, and hopefully no more damned nitro creepers.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I just tried it myself on my steel fortune pick. Started with 224/450, mined up about 6 stacks or so of stone (place stack -> mine stack -> replace stack and do it again). Rechecked, and now I'm at 230/450. So it's like a 1 point bonus for every 64 blocks you mine. Not exactly what I'd call overpowered.

You can basically spend minimal lapis and an absurdly long time of mining, or an absurd amount of lapis. Pick your poison, but neither way is particularly cheap on a single-target tool.

Back to the nether for more nether lapis, and hopefully no more damned nitro creepers.

The bonus lapis is random, not based on any set amount of blocks you've mined. This means you could, in theory, get a lapis per block, but in practice it doesn't work like that since it's a percentage chance per block. That's why hammers and other T2 tools are good for adding lapis - they clear a large amount of land quickly and for each block they can increase their luck.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
What if the reason everything in dartcraft has the word force in it is because he's trying to force you to use his mod by making everything overpowered?

I don't see DartCraft disabling the recipes for any other mods--or even Vanilla, for that matter. I think you're thinking of a different mod. ;)

Having played a little more with the DartCraft tools, I do have to say that the Force tools (basic tier--I don't even touch IC2 these days, short of refined iron for Force Ingots and the dust recipe for bronze) are a little much. The overall durability is a real killer (they break fast compared to even my flint TiC tools), but I actually think it could go even lower--either that, or their efficiency rating (i.e. mining speed) should go down.

That said, even with the Logging upgrade, the Force Axe is infinitely inferior to the TiC Logging Axe. That sucker is only slightly slower than the Force Axe, but make it out of any decent material (mine's Alumite head and plate and Green Slime rod and binding) and it will last forever.

I will say this, though: sword with Bane (Tier 3, spider eye)? This has immediately and permanently replaced any other weapon I will ever possibly make. Why? Creepers can't explode anymore. Add to that the fact that the Force Sword already outclasses most of the TiC swords in terms of hearts/hit, and well... :/ I love me my TiC swords, but this is one case where they absolutely can't compare.

So far, though, there are several things I just won't be able to give up from DC, ever:
*Force Mitts (seriously, BlueDart has my everlasting gratitude for bringing back the RP2 sickle AND doing it in a way that saves me an inventory slot)
*Force Wrench (obvious reasons)
*Force Shears (because cows are annoying without them)
*Tears -> Ghast Tears (because screw the Nether)
*Force Engine (needs tweaking, but an engine with decent output that doesn't explode if you foul up the coolant supply? Yes, please!)

Reactions: SpitefulFox

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see DartCraft disabling the recipes for any other mods--or even Vanilla, for that matter. I think you're thinking of a different mod. ;)

Having played a little more with the DartCraft tools, I do have to say that the Force tools (basic tier--I don't even touch IC2 these days, short of refined iron for Force Ingots and the dust recipe for bronze) are a little much. The overall durability is a real killer (they break fast compared to even my flint TiC tools), but I actually think it could go even lower--either that, or their efficiency rating (i.e. mining speed) should go down.

That said, even with the Logging upgrade, the Force Axe is infinitely inferior to the TiC Logging Axe. That sucker is only slightly slower than the Force Axe, but make it out of any decent material (mine's Alumite head and plate and Green Slime rod and binding) and it will last forever.

I will say this, though: sword with Bane (Tier 3, spider eye)? This has immediately and permanently replaced any other weapon I will ever possibly make. Why? Creepers can't explode anymore. Add to that the fact that the Force Sword already outclasses most of the TiC swords in terms of hearts/hit, and well... :/ I love me my TiC swords, but this is one case where they absolutely can't compare.

So far, though, there are several things I just won't be able to give up from DC, ever:
*Force Mitts (seriously, BlueDart has my everlasting gratitude for bringing back the RP2 sickle AND doing it in a way that saves me an inventory slot)
*Force Wrench (obvious reasons)
*Force Shears (because cows are annoying without them)
*Tears -> Ghast Tears (because screw the Nether)
*Force Engine (needs tweaking, but an engine with decent output that doesn't explode if you foul up the coolant supply? Yes, please!)

Wait...how do you turn tears into ghast tears?

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
I believe the tears can be used in place of ghast tears for recipes, going from what I've heard and read elsewhere.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Must be something in my server's config, then, because I can't convert regular tears into ghast tears; and regular tears don't work for making reusable safari nets.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I believe the tears can be used in place of ghast tears for recipes, going from what I've heard and read elsewhere.
Not for most recipes only one or two from when I tested, but that was a version back, atm I dont use dartcraft so cant say if its changed dramatically since then.