Dartcraft, why even?

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Could anyone explain to me what is so OP about Dartcraft? It just doesn't seem very OP except the force engine and maybe the spoils bag. Honestly, I actually want to know.
the spoilbags way to many drop from grinders, the engine thats easy to make & is 8mj pt, armour that can be over enchanted same with tools & weps, did I forget anything ?

Tabu

Jul 29, 2019
oh my... a butthurt thread again? i think i should drop to a level of GT fanboys and say:"dont like it? dont use it"
it`s that simple.

^ This should have been the end of the thread right here...

It's ridiculous that because some don't want to have to disable or ignore it, other haves to lose out...

Same with EE2, too many nitwits with no self control, now what? That mod is a joke and is basically dead...

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
Same with EE2, too many nitwits with no self control, now what? That mod is a joke and is basically dead...

You realise that the reason EE2 is dead has nothing to do with whether or not it was OP. It's dead because the creator moved on to EE3, the updated version of it, like how Windows 98 isn't dead because of it lacking something, it's dead because Microsoft simply moved on to newer versions of the OS.

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not a huge fan of Dartcraft but I do love that wrench. If someone made a standalone mod that did the same thing, picking up objects while retaining their invetory and letting me put that in my pack. I would also totaly suggest it for everyone mod pack up there. Be able to move a chest or tank has been wonderfully useful to me. Sure you can protal gun those but really with the wrench I can pack up my whole camp and stick it in a backpack. It is a god send early game and even late game it is wonderful for when you have to move a lot of stuff all at once.
Note that Thaumic Tinkerer has a similar item, a rod that can move one item at a time including full chests. No AoE though.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Note that Thaumic Tinkerer has a similar item, a rod that can move one item at a time including full chests. No AoE though.

The Dartcraft wench turns items into things you can pick up. You can move a whole wall of chests with it if needed. Which is what makes it so useful.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
the spoilbags way to many drop from grinders, the engine thats easy to make & is 8mj pt, armour that can be over enchanted same with tools & weps, did I forget anything ?
Once again: you can ignore all of those. If you feel they're way too easy, use another option. I made a comparison with GregTech earlier because Dartcraft doesn't force a billion "hard mode" recipes on you, instead it gives you the option to go for an easier (and subjectively more fun) route. There should be absolutely no problems here, unless you believe that no one else should be able to have fun with it if you don't.

If it's still that much of a concern of you, know that spoils bags dropping like that is also most likely an unintended behavior. They're hardcoded to not drop from turtle kills, after all, so I believe they weren't meant to be automated in any form.

Reactions: Odenite

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
Once again: you can ignore all of those. If you feel they're way too easy, use another option. I made a comparison with GregTech earlier because Dartcraft doesn't force a billion "hard mode" recipes on you, instead it gives you the option to go for an easier (and subjectively more fun) route. There should be absolutely no problems here, unless you believe that no one else should be able to have fun with it if you don't.
Well, with that argument, why isn't the dirt to diamonds mod included?

I'm not definately against the idea of dartcraft, but that argument is just so weak.

EDIT: Saying "if you don't like the mod, don't use it, that shouldn't limit what others use" is to me a bit like if I made a review of a new album by a band I like, and I note that in the middle there's a song I strongly dislike, and I state that the album would have been better if it was left out - and the comment I get is "well just jump to the next song if you don't like it?".

Like, it's not relevant - the criticism remains, and it also means I as an end-user has to take additional steps not to be bothered by it. Whether I can disable or remove the song doesn't mean it isn't legitimate to point out that it is a bad song and the album would have been better without it. If the goal of FTB is to give a coherent, easily accessible modpack, then it's very relevant to talk about what mods fit in it and not. FTB can't have all mods that exist, and assuming the end-users will just remove any bad content doesn't make the content better.

The FTB mod needs to consider every mod - does this fit for the modpack and add to the experience for more users than it doesn't? That's part of what makes FTB more successful than say the DNS techpack, because the DNS just throws everything in there.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
it's a boring step before they can build what they actually want to build.

This. Ten times.

To each their own.

But for me geting to that point where I can build what I want to build is part of the enjoyment of the game. There is something to be said when I can sit back and say that I did that mostly by hand. That I got those mats my self and built that myself. It is one of the reasons I steer away from to much automation in my builds and prefer hand mining.

But to each their own. The debate over with is or is not OP will always be neck deep in personal points of view and never something easy for any group to agree on.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
To each their own.

But for me geting to that point where I can build what I want to build is part of the enjoyment of the game. There is something to be said when I can sit back and say that I did that mostly by hand. That I got those mats my self and built that myself. It is one of the reasons I steer away from to much automation in my builds and prefer hand mining.

But to each their own. The debate over with is or is not OP will always be neck deep in personal points of view and never something easy for any group to agree on.

I am actually with Saice on this. But I also have never felt "Forced" to use any mod no matter how much better it feels or is.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019

If it's still that much of a concern of you, know that spoils bags dropping like that is also most likely an unintended behavior. They're hardcoded to not drop from turtle kills, after all, so I believe they weren't meant to be automated in any form.
I was replying to a question, really you should have looked at what was quoted as well, & as to using it I dont atm I do test most new versions of mods & if shall we a say its little to easy for my taste I dont use there after, the if you dont like it dont use it is a little too easy of a rebuttal & has been adopted by a great many as an all encompassing answer to almost any question, the gregorians use it as stock n trade. I at least try to give a valid answer or my view if straying form the norm as (mho) I have not & hope I will never use the stock "If ya dont like dont use" response.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
You realise that the reason EE2 is dead has nothing to do with whether or not it was OP. It's dead because the creator moved on to EE3, the updated version of it, like how Windows 98 isn't dead because of it lacking something, it's dead because Microsoft simply moved on to newer versions of the OS.
Actually, the creator of EE2, Xenophobe, is the one responsible for Xeno's Reliquary. Pahimar merely maintains EE2, but is the man responsible for EE3.

Honestly, I like DartCraft. Its all in (what I understand to be) its motto: convenience is king. DartCraft is incredibly convenient. On the server I'm playing on now, I have full quantum armour (no MPS or GraviSuite), and still use DartCraft tools. Why? They're easy to make, and the enchantment system is fucking leagues better than the comparatively abysmal, RNG-governed pile that is vanilla enchanting. Hell, the only thing I really use the power drill for, and I've got one with max speed and fortune, is clearing terrain really, REALLY quickly; which is, again, damn handy in a server that does not possess Tinker's Construct. Force Packs? Honestly, I like them a hell of a lot more than I do Forestry ones: they're not as restrictively specific in what they can carry, are easy to expand, and make it so I can mine more up for longer periods of time. They're like the big brothers to RP2's canvas bags, and the cousin of EE2's alchemical bags. I, honestly, don't want a pack that can only take X kind of blocks, I want a pack that can store whatever the hell I want to put into it, and DartCraft provides that perfectly.

Hell, once I get back in the server (I've been off for a day or two, girlfriend got off a hell week at work, so we're living the weekend up like a pair of bosses), I want to see how much it'd cost to make a fully automated Force Engine farm using crushed ice, from GregTech because bees are too damn much work, as coolant. Either that, or find the biggest, most massivest oil well I can, pump that shit up into a quantum tank, and use the crushed ice as coolant for combustion engines; I haven't quite decided, yet, lol.

Reactions: casilleroatr

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, the creator of EE2, Xenophobe, is the one responsible for Xeno's Reliquary. Pahimar merely maintains EE2, but is the man responsible for EE3.

Meh, either way, the point stands that EE2 is dead because it's simply obsolete, not because of any nonsense about people calling it OP.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, either way, the point stands that EE2 is dead because it's simply obsolete, not because of any nonsense about people calling it OP.
Aye. Its heresy, but fuck it, I liked EE2. I enjoyed being able to throw a bit of excess coal in a chest and get a few stacks of materials to do that nifty little thing that encompasses about half of Minecraft's gameplay: building shit. Its one of the reasons I can't wait for DynEMC to come online in EE3. I wanna be able to USE the excess bullshit I have, like zombie flesh, for something productive that doesn't involve either throwing it into a recycler or some circuitous Rube Goldberg device.

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
Well basically Xeno themself thought EE2 was OP and thus when they made EE3 toned it down a bit (though arguably it's still very strong, but w/e).

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
Aye. Its heresy, but fuck it, I liked EE2. I enjoyed being able to throw a bit of excess coal in a chest and get a few stacks of materials to do that nifty little thing that encompasses about half of Minecraft's gameplay: building shit. Its one of the reasons I can't wait for DynEMC to come online in EE3. I wanna be able to USE the excess bullshit I have, like zombie flesh, for something productive that doesn't involve either throwing it into a recycler or some circuitous Rube Goldberg device.
Zombie flesh already has a few decent uses. Apart from centrifuging (if that's what you meant) it's used in making camouflage, researching TC3, and can be canned as a source of food etc.

That said, and this is an honest question: What is the real difference between playing with EE2 after the first day and playing creative? What's the difference between being able to get anything and being able to get anything?