Dartcraft: One of the most overpowered mods of our time

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

cynric

Jul 29, 2019
Spoils bags rarely give anything useful (DartCraft items. I don't use Dartcraft. Oh, and a piece of coal, too). But DartCraft gives Lambchops, which rules. I don't use anything else from that mod.

It seems you can get very rare items from them, like nether stars or portal guns. However I'm not sure that is the fault of Dartcraft, as those items seem to pop up in normal dungeon lootchests aswell, which is just as silly.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
It seems you can get very rare items from them, like nether stars or portal guns. However I'm not sure that is the fault of Dartcraft, as those items seem to pop up in normal dungeon lootchests aswell, which is just as silly.

I've only gotten DartCraft stuff, and coal. And I get the bags quite frequently.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019

I actually quite like finding portal guns in chests, I remember my first time finding a portal gun, fighting my way past a horde of zombies and creepers to reach the spawner, taking it out with my trusty pick, opening the chest and discovering not just a portal gun, but the potato gun, at last I had a partner in the harsh, post-apocalyptic world of Minecraftia.

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
"Watched" DW20's mod spotlight. Turned it off after about 2 minutes. Force this, and force that, and tons of golden yellow stuff - no thanks.
I actually fell asleep half way through the spotlight. No joke.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
"Watched" DW20's mod spotlight. Turned it off after about 2 minutes. Force this, and force that, and tons of golden yellow stuff - no thanks.
That was what I did as well. Then I watched a video from KirinDave and changed my mind. ;)

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Back on Vodka's old 152ngt world I punched moped two times. The bleed effect didn't stop for about 20 minutes, and it eventually drained out his MPS suit and killed him. Keep in mind that he had diamond plating (or maybe iron) and his armor was fully charged. Also, it grounded him completely for the duration of the bleed, removing his ability to fly around the nether without being pulled into lava, and to have easy mobility in the overworld.

Two hits.

A bit much, no matter how hard it is to get 20 claws and a level 4 upgrade tome.

EDIT: The damage doesn't kill you, the duration of the bleed does. It's useful in PVP if you can either hide well or get a few well-timed punches in on the enemy before you die.

I have public videos where I do this and the bleed wears off with an armor full of bleed using a bleed sword. I've also punched DoctorOr by accident with that rig and he was not cursed to inevitable death. Also, when I had bleed one time I logged out and logged back in and it was gone, so...

I'd have to test again to be absolutely certain, but I've ran around with bleed for hours fighting tons of monsters and I've never seen that. If it did work that way I'd have died to witches a lot less.[DOUBLEPOST=1374244819][/DOUBLEPOST]
Rainbow enchant?

It has a special use for shears: when you shear sheep the wool that comes off has a variety of colors. It's actually kinda nice.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I had maxed out energy shields at the time, so it was even more unbelievable

I'll test this weekend. You're welcome to come join me if you want. RR will be public and the dev release is using 1.18.

But DoctorOr can attest to the fact that I did not kill him and he was not even wearing MPS because he hates MPS. Both because it makes you utterly invincible except to special circumstances and because he loves IC2 flight.

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I had maxed out energy shields at the time, so it was even more unbelievable

MPS can be a bit.... weird sometimes when it comes to taking damage. I remember I once fell into the void with maxed out energy shields, and survived to -500 just fine before I turned my jetpack back on. Not saying that's the problem, but it could be.

RandomMoped

Popular Member
Nov 17, 2012
Somewhere on the internet
I'll test this weekend. You're welcome to come join me if you want. RR will be public and the dev release is using 1.18.

But DoctorOr can attest to the fact that I did not kill him and he was not even wearing MPS because he hates MPS. Both because it makes you utterly invincible except to special circumstances and because he loves IC2 flight.

ooh, will the modpack download itself be public? :D

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
I've only gotten DartCraft stuff, and coal. And I get the bags quite frequently.

I wonder what mods you got with that. I got a personal modpack and noticed that railcraft, biomes o plenty and MFR add dungeon loot (and apparently TE ==> shiney ingot). As such there loot can spawn inside the dartcraft bags. The picture is from about 40 spoil bags, missing 2 diamonds i used to repair my pick x) All iron/steel tools/armor are force transmuted into ingots. Also note that i deliberatly dubbled the spawn rate of steel, something i know actually regret :D

Imo if annything is broken abou dartcraft its that mobs can drop bags without the player being involved in the kill. In other words: spoils bags should behave like rare drops. Other then that they are completly fine, they give a purpose to actually go out and fight mobs instead of running around/past them and just not care.

WM2Btfj.jpg

Reactions: Flipz and Pokefenn

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Spoils bags rarely give anything useful (DartCraft items. I don't use Dartcraft. Oh, and a piece of coal, too). But DartCraft gives Lambchops, which rules. I don't use anything else from that mod.

true, in the beginning I was like "wut the hell, these spoil bags are way too OP" because the first 5 spoil bags, gave me things like emeralds, portal guns and things like that.
but after I've gotten more spoil bags, usually the loot is decent enough and not as OP as I first thought

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
Spoil bags actually sound kind of awesome. In my private pack, I do most/all of my mining in the mining dimension, which doesn't have dungeons by default, so I don't really have access to dungeon loot. These sound like they would be extremely useful to me in that situation.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019

It appears you're declaring spoils bags by opening one or two. Of course, if you don't use anything from the mod, you're purposefully limiting yourself and that's not likely to change.

Portalguns
Division Sigil
UU-Matter
Thaumcraft lore
All sorts of ingots and Vanilla/BoP gems

Basically anything you can find in a dungeon, with a slight weighting toward Dartcraft items itself. Depending on simply how many bags you open, it would be a tremendous source of Force itself. And buckets.[DOUBLEPOST=1374251373][/DOUBLEPOST]
Imo if annything is broken abou dartcraft its that mobs can drop bags without the player being involved in the kill.

It's not "broken" in that it's not a bug. It's a complaint I have as well though.

Reactions: Flipz

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
ooh, will the modpack download itself be public? :D

Yep. Sure will. It works right now, we're just waiting on a few things. Not a bad time too, because most of what we're waiting on now is 1.6 stuff. I've also been meaning to dip into modding to transplant some content from GT and IC2 into the UE universe and more tightly bind with AE. This is not a bad time to start that.

Reactions: RedBoss

RandomMoped

Popular Member
Nov 17, 2012
Somewhere on the internet
Yep. Sure will. It works right now, we're just waiting on a few things. Not a bad time too, because most of what we're waiting on now is 1.6 stuff. I've also been meaning to dip into modding to transplant some content from GT and IC2 into the UE universe and more tightly bind with AE. This is not a bad time to start that.

oh good! I'll be sure to try it out. All I have to do is not be lazy and actually mine. Or make someone mine for me, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.