Client in launcher not opening

Discussion in 'Launcher Feedback' started by CheesePopper101, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have some pictures along with a copy/paste of the error
    http://gyazo.com/02d324ee3bd9486f6babae25fa89c4a8 - the servers are online i checked
    http://gyazo.com/81b855447a3f8ba9b68e45eaeaa2dd8b - User/pass is right. i checked on norm minecraft site.

FTBLaunch starting up (version 1.1.6)
    Java version: 1.7.0_10
    Java vendor: Oracle Corporation
    Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7
    Java specification: Java Virtual Machine Specification version: 1.7 by Oracle Corporation
    Java vm: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM version: 23.6-b04 by Oracle Corporation
    Network is unreachable: connect: java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: connect
    [i18n] Checking for updates ...
    http://www.creeperrepo.net/static/FTB2/locales
    [i18n] Could not retrieve version info, skipping update.: java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: connect
    [i18n] Fallback enUS loaded
    [i18n] enUS English language file loaded!
    [i18n] Added 0 enUS to options pane
    [i18n] Added 1 daDK to options pane
    [i18n] Added 2 deDE to options pane
    [i18n] Added 3 esES to options pane
    [i18n] Added 4 nlNL to options pane
    [i18n] Added 5 ptBR to options pane
    [i18n] Added 6 ptPT to options pane
    [i18n] Added 7 ruRU to options pane
    [i18n] Added 8 svSE to options pane
    Servers are loaded, inserting into combo box.
    loading map information...
    http://www.creeperrepo.net/static/FTB2/maps.xml
    http://www.creeperrepo.net/static/FTB2/modpacks.xml
    http://www.creeperrepo.net/static/FTB2/version.xml
    Network is unreachable: connect: java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: connect
    Failed to load modpacks, loading from backup: java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: connect
    loading modpack information...
    Adding pack 0
    Adding pack 1
    Adding pack 2
    Adding pack 3
    Adding pack 4
    Logging in...
    IOException, minecraft servers might be down. Check @ help.mojang.com
    Login failed:
    Not a directory.
    Setting MinMemory to 256
    Setting MaxMemory to 1024
    Loading jars...
    Loading URL: file:/C:/Users/ZachT/Desktop/FTBBETAA/instMods/MinecraftForge.zip
    Loading URL: file:/C:/Users/ZachT/Desktop/FTBBETAA/minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar
    Loading URL: file:/C:/Users/ZachT/Desktop/FTBBETAA/minecraft/bin/lwjgl.jar
    Loading URL: file:/C:/Users/ZachT/Desktop/FTBBETAA/minecraft/bin/lwjgl_util.jar
    Loading URL: file:/C:/Users/ZachT/Desktop/FTBBETAA/minecraft/bin/jinput.jar
    Loading natives...
    Natives loaded...
    Loading minecraft class
  2. Ashzification

Ashzification Over-Achiever

I believe this has been fixed with the 1.1.7 update
  3. Masprotech

Masprotech Member

Im having this issue as well... On two different computers and on tekkit launcher and ftb launcher... I fired up my tether ap on my cell and I dont get this error at all.. So it seems Im losing the connection between here and there.. I cant even ping minecraft.net but I can visit the site.....This is all happening on my home internet connection but I ran a tracert to minecraft.net and I bottom out in st louis it looks like... can anyone verify that? Is anyone else having this issue that routes through missourri?
  4. kidzaa12

kidzaa12 New Member

this is happening to me too in the 1.1.7 any thing i can do to fix it? this only happen in feed the beast beta pack A (v12)
  5. Mechfan

Mechfan New Member

I am encountering a similar error. it can't load the mods, just normal minecraft. i can still play, i'm just modless.
    ive tried upgrading to 1.1.7, but i cant, and and I cant even redownload the launcher. the download buttons on the website don't do anything.
    I have an excerpt from my log attached.

Attached Files:

6. Ashzification

Much preferred if logs are put in a paste on pastebin.com and then linked here.
  7. Mechfan

Mechfan New Member

8. Ashzification

Is that the entire log?
  9. Mechfan

Mechfan New Member

no. but the only parts that contained an error. nothing else was out of place.
    ran it again, here's the complete log.
    http://pastebin.com/sYDQttrP
  10. Ashzification

Your launcher is our of date and so is your Java
    FTBLaunch starting up (version 1.1.4) Java version: 1.7.0_05
    Force update your launcher and update your Java.
  11. Mechfan

Mechfan New Member

i can tackle the java, but I've tried to update my launcher, and all it does is crash, reboot and ask if i want to update again.
    and I can't update by redowloading, because the links on the webpage don't work. (probably related to the fact that I use Internet Explorer 8. Archaic, I know.) and the links in your signature dont work for me. it opens, crashes, and redirects to the home page for creeperrepo.net.

Edit: Updated Java. Still unable to update launcher.
  12. Ashzification

Uninstall and reinstall.
  13. Mechfan

Mechfan New Member

uninstall java?
    or the launcher?
    because i can't redownload the launcher.

Edit: looked at java folder, still running JRE 7. should i be? or is there way to update it further?

Edit: Edit: Gave in. dowloaded google chrome. launcher downloaded no problem. (IE 8 couldn't download from the FTB site.) running ok now, modpack downloading properly. My resistance to change (archaic browser) prevented it from working. found out that IE 9 isn't compatable with windows XP. thank god Chrome was. lol.

Thank you for taking the time to help me. i greatly appreciate it.
  14. creeper21112

creeper21112 New Member

I have the same issue
    Windows 7 64
    FTBLaunch starting up (version 1.2.2) AnalyticsBackgroundThread started Network is unreachable: connect: java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: connect Java version: 1.7.0_17 Java vendor: Oracle Corporation Java home: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7 Java specification: Java Virtual Machine Specification version: 1.7 by Oracle Corporation Java vm: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM version: 23.7-b01 by Oracle Corporation OS: x86 Windows 7 6.1 Error making tracking request: java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: connect [i18n] Checking for updates ... [i18n] enUS English language file loaded! [i18n] Could not retrieve version info, skipping update.: java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: connect
    [i18n] Added 0 enUS to options pane
    [i18n] enUS English language file loaded!
    Failed to load modpacks, loading from backup: java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: connect
    Loading modpack information for modpacks.xml...
    Adding pack 1
    Adding pack 2
    Adding pack 3
    Adding pack 4
    Adding pack 5
    Adding pack 6
    Adding pack 7
    Adding pack 8
    Adding pack 9
    Adding pack 10
    Adding pack 11
    Adding pack 12
    loading map information...
    loading texture pack information...
    Network is unreachable: connect

Thanks in advanced.
  15. creeper21112

creeper21112 New Member

AnalyticsBackgroundThread started FTBLaunch starting up (version 1.2.2) Java version: 1.7.0_09 Java vendor: Oracle Corporation Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7 Java specification: Java Virtual Machine Specification version: 1.7 by Oracle Corporation Java vm: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM version: 23.5-b02 by Oracle Corporation OS: x86 Windows 7 6.1 [i18n] Checking for updates ... [i18n] enUS English language file loaded! [i18n] remoteVer = 10 [i18n] localVer = 10 [i18n] Files are up to date [i18n] Fallback enUS loaded

This is from a working netbook.
    windows 7 32
  16. hollowsniper

hollowsniper New Member

hi everybody i have the same problem m wyfe and me (same connection !)

http://pastebin.com/KWpKNL3G

ultimate mod pack , log verified et status of mojang serveur verified , java up to date but i can force update the launcher!
    w7 64

thx for help

edit : after reinstalle java and ftb launcher , not working , but now it's working , ^^ can't explain !!
  17. TheKelleyZoroark

TheKelleyZoroark New Member

I had the same problem, BUT I went to settings and force updated it and it WORKED! Thanks for help :D
  18. destructiveblock32

destructiveblock32 New Member

I cannot fix mine I have the same problem and I really want to get back on my server before they reset my claims could someone plz help me
    and I cannot force update and I reinstalled it and I updated and reinstalled java I tried everything. http://pastebin.com/PmzaZ2Ee
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.