Chicken_Bones has been busy, introducing Forge MultiPart!

InfamousAsHell

Jul 29, 2019
Cool, microblocks that you have in the same block as different microblocks.... Anyone else getting a headache from looking at the three torches in one block?

Reactions: SpitefulFox

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Thats CB if he is gonna do something he over does it, just when does he sleep is my question.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder, based on those oak/diamond MicroBlocks in the same block, whether he's adding his own MicroBlocks, or just ways that they can be used to interact with various other things.
Or maybe they're the work of the amazing Immibis, and it is naturally compatible.

This will most likely never apply to say redstone torches though, due to the changes that would entail.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder, based on those oak/diamond MicroBlocks in the same block, whether he's adding his own MicroBlocks
He is.

Or maybe they're the work of the amazing Immibis, and it is naturally compatible.
I have nothing to do with this.

This will most likely never apply to say redstone torches though, due to the changes that would entail.
It already does apply to redstone torches.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
He is.

I have nothing to do with this.

It already does apply to redstone torches.

Oooonhhh.
CBs tryin' to replace ya' Alex "immibis" Cambell.
Perhaps did Greg makes bronze and buckets configurable everything will be alright.

And it does apply to RS torches?
How do they handle it, in regards to the actual redstone signals emmitted?
Is regular vanilla redstone dust covered by this? That's cause some oddities, again following the derpy mechanics of Redstone.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
I'm assuming that this is a core mod?
It seems all MicroBlocks are core mods, even though some core mods aren't core mods.

Made_You_Look

Jul 29, 2019
Haha, I just made a thread vaguely about RP2 Microblocks being inflexible buttholes, I guess that I don't have to worry about that anymore.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

FtbBossWhoIsAw3s0m3

Jul 29, 2019
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! {Sorry Immibis!} :(

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
I'm assuming that this is a core mod?
It seems all MicroBlocks are core mods, even though some core mods aren't core mods.
Not sure.
The only reason my microblocks mod is a coremod is so it can make microblocks work on other mods' things.
RP2 is not a coremod.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
This is looking almost too good to be true... Chickenbones is a freaking wizard.

What makes me wonder most though, is the name. "Forge MultiPart". Does that imply that it won't be just a mod, but something that's intended to be migrated into Forge itself? Similar to things like the liquid registry that were lifted out of their original mods to become part of the core Forge features? That would be even more awesome IMHO.

tobi1449

Jul 29, 2019
"ForgeMultiPart" seems to be the API he made (it more or less let's you register blocks so "parts" of them can be used with other blocks' parts within one block)
and Microblocks is just an example implementation.