Cauldron [WIP] [Adventure Map] [Quests, Dungeons, etc.] [Recruiting]

AkaiGrim

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone, I had this idea of making an adventure map with the feel of an RPG game such as Fable, the elder scrolls, etc. So I've put some mods togheder (wich I got most of the permissions for using others I have to be wait for response, I dont have all the permissions yet.) this mods are:
  • Tinkers construct
  • TMechworks
  • Thaumcraft
  • Thaumic Tinkerer
  • Witchery
  • Custom Npcs
  • Yet another leather smelting mod
  • secret Rooms mod
  • Ropes Plus
  • Quiver bow
  • Pam's Harvest
  • Pam's Weee Flowers
  • More Player models
  • More Nature (Might be taken out)
  • Mantle
  • Lantern
  • Code Chicken Core
  • NEI(not enough items)
  • Chisel
  • Carpenter's Blocks
  • Biomes O Plenty
  • Biblio Craft
  • Tree Capitator
  • Damage Indicators
  • Survival wings (might be taken out)
  • Space Core
So the main idea of this Map is to make a world where you can learn diferent types of things and affect gameplay that way, for example: the game is supposed to be played on Adventure mode so collecting resources will be limited, thats where a forge comes in it sell diferent weapons and armor but you can also craft diferent types of weapons because of tinkers construct.

Implementing the mods like witchery and thaumcraft also give the player a lot to do, because they both can be used for quests,because of how they work.

Thanks to custom npcs we can create diferent types of hostile creatures and give them diferent drops and drop rates, we can also modyfy it to be strong or weak depending on their type of drops. It also allow us to create the quests with reward.

Mods Like Pams Harvest, Growth craft and Pams weee flowers can be used for diferent types of food and decoration porpuses wich give more imersion to a diferent type of gameplay the barrels from growth craft look really good and are also functional, the diferent brews you get from growthcraft give diferent buffs but they can also give you nausea so there is a chance of handicaping yourself.

Like the mods mentioned above most fo the mods in the compilation where chosen for a reason there is a lot of content that one can make with all those mods.

The way yhte map will work its also an important part for this project, if we made a completely open world it would be difficult to make areas for the npcs scince we cant cover the entire world with npcs so creating areas will be the easier way of gettign thigs sorted out, it also lets us choose the biome for for it, and like this there is a lot of things we can do for it and not all has been decided so if youre interested why not aply for it.

Also here are some screen shots of what ive built
http://imgur.com/a/BYJrZ
i4GTElc.jpg

W5Y4tn8.jpg

QIk3Cok.jpg

Djjbh2n.jpg

If you want to aply just fill this:
*Optional.

What would you like to help with: (building, planing, npcs, storyline or quests you can pick more than one)

Experience with the mods : (wich mods)

IGN:

Why would you like to join:

*Experience making maps:

*Ideas you want to add:

*Things you would take out or modify: (from what i explained above)

I started this project 2 days ago, i am hosting a server for the project, it needs more planning, scince i first considered doing it with a friend, that went unavailable for a while, i tried to start the project by my self and started building a town, while doing i noticed that i needed help to make it not only for building but setting up Npcs quests etc.

deathlyLove

Jul 29, 2019
What would you like to help with: Everything mostly Building tho

Experience with the mods : Tconstruct,TMI,Most of Hexxit's Mods

IGN:deathlyLove

Why would you like to join: I Love Building,This sounds fun

*Experience making maps: No,But i learn fast

*Ideas you want to add:Would like to add Realms using Mystcraft

*Things you would take out or modify: I would have to see about the enviroment,seeing if it fits with the concept of the Server

a.owen.spy

Jul 29, 2019
What would you like to help with: quests and the npcs

Experience with the mods : thaumcraft, thaumic tinkerer, witchery, secret rooms mod, tinkers tmechworks and customnpc

IGN: owenzoe

Why would you like to join: i have never done this before but i played with these mods ^ a lot so i hope i can help:)

*Ideas you want to add: we can make the player build like some things using the mod

*Things you would take out or modify: maybe add hardcore questing mode it is also with quests

wizard8101

Jul 29, 2019
What would you like to help with:building, planing, storyline, and quests

Experience with the mods :Tinkers, Thaumcraft, Chisel, Carpenters, Biblio, BoP, Witchery, Pam's, TMechworks, Thaumictinker, and both Pam's Mods

IGN:wizard8101

Why would you like to join: I love to build and this looks like a promising project that could turn out well.

*Experience making maps: I made a map for Jam Packed but I had to do a factory restore on my PC so I lost it.

*Ideas you want to add: HQM (May have it, it's just not in mod list)
*Things you would take out or modify: Nothing everything looks good so far.

Last edited:

AkaiGrim

Jul 29, 2019

*Things you would take out or modify: I would have to see about the enviroment,seeing if it fits with the concept of the Server

Are you still interested in the project, if so plz pm me[DOUBLEPOST=1408381787][/DOUBLEPOST]
What would you like to help with:building, planing, storyline, and quests

Experience with the mods :Tinkers, Thaumcraft, Chisel, Carpenters, Biblio, BoP, Witchery, Pam's, TMechworks, Thaumictinker, and both Pam's Mods

IGN:wizard8101

Why would you like to join: I love to build and this looks like a promising project that could turn out well.

*Experience making maps: I made a map for Jam Packed but I had to do a factory restore on my PC so I lost it.

*Ideas you want to add: HQM (May have it, it's just not in mod list)
*Things you would take out or modify: Nothing everything looks good so far.
Are you still interested in the project, if so plz pm me[DOUBLEPOST=1408381824][/DOUBLEPOST]
What would you like to help with: quests and the npcs

Experience with the mods : thaumcraft, thaumic tinkerer, witchery, secret rooms mod, tinkers tmechworks and customnpc

IGN: owenzoe

Why would you like to join: i have never done this before but i played with these mods ^ a lot so i hope i can help:)

*Ideas you want to add: we can make the player build like some things using the mod

*Things you would take out or modify: maybe add hardcore questing mode it is also with quests
Are you still interested in the project, if so plz pm me

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
I've got some ideas for your map:

1. Ores should be in the game and they can serve as items that the player can sell, use to craft components, or to hand over to specific NPCs as quest items.

2. Players can't make their own weapons and tools in vanilla crafting tables, but they can craft them in Tinker's Construct smelteries in Blacksmith shops. Best of all, players could buy premade tools and weapons or components to make their own from Blacksmiths just like in Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Same with potions and magic spells and components to make those in magic shops.

3. To prevent players from going for the strongest weapons and magic spells early on in the game, they should be limited by a special tier system that players can't be able to use until they've leveled up their experience enough to use them.

AkaiGrim

Jul 29, 2019
I've got some ideas for your map:

1. Ores should be in the game and they can serve as items that the player can sell, use to craft components, or to hand over to specific NPCs as quest items.

2. Players can't make their own weapons and tools in vanilla crafting tables, but they can craft them in Tinker's Construct smelteries in Blacksmith shops. Best of all, players could buy premade tools and weapons or components to make their own from Blacksmiths just like in Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Same with potions and magic spells and components to make those in magic shops.

3. To prevent players from going for the strongest weapons and magic spells early on in the game, they should be limited by a special tier system that players can't be able to use until they've leveled up their experience enough to use them.
Thats dime what the idea, aré you interested on participating

AkaiGrim

Jul 29, 2019
Yes i am still intrested, but i will have to be working on it on my days off if thats alright
Thats fine by me, but Im going to put the project on halt for 3 weeks or less because of exams[DOUBLEPOST=1410303557][/DOUBLEPOST]
Im also still interested sorry i didnt answer was on holiday
Thats great news, but Im going to put the project on halt for 3 weeks or less because of exams, and tía fine ir Aldo took me a while to answer

EJCrazy

Jul 29, 2019
What would you like to help with: anything and everything except building

Experience with the mods : all and if not I easily learn

IGN:EJCrazy

Why would you like to join: I would love to join for multiple reasons one I need something to do two I am very experienced when I am using mods thee I just want to help and much more

*Experience making maps: none making maps but modpacks hay that is like the only thing I do in my spare time

*Ideas you want to add: none at the moment

*Things you would take out or modify: I think with what you got going I can't think of anything

AkaiGrim

Jul 29, 2019
What would you like to help with: anything and everything except building

Experience with the mods : all and if not I easily learn

IGN:EJCrazy

Why would you like to join: I would love to join for multiple reasons one I need something to do two I am very experienced when I am using mods thee I just want to help and much more

*Experience making maps: none making maps but modpacks hay that is like the only thing I do in my spare time

*Ideas you want to add: none at the moment

*Things you would take out or modify: I think with what you got going I can't think of anything
That sounds good, Im Puting the project on hold for around three weeks but the server will be up by then if that's ok for you then let me know

flyingdogsman1911

Jul 29, 2019
What would you like to help with: everything

Experience with the mods : not all but i can learn

IGN: guitarcas

Why would you like to join: i like the whole concept and it looks fun plus i want to make an modpack/map really bad

*Experience making maps: none but if you let me i have

*Ideas you want to add: not yet
*Things you would take out or modify: none

ccm963

Jul 29, 2019
What would you like to help with: Quests and Buildings mainly.
Experience with the mods: Most of them except Thaumcraft and Space Core. I have messed with Thaumcraft 3 and below.
IGN: ccm963
Why would you like to join: I like building and designing maps. I think this would be a fun project.
Experience making maps: I have made vanilla maps before for my friends. I took them about 5 hours to complete.
Ideas you want to add: Maybe a few more mods. If there will be something like a factory maybe IC2 or Thermal Expansion are a few good mods to add. Also mods that are HUD mods would be nice. StatusHUD and ArmorHUD would be cool. Also, maybe DecoCraft. For the quests HQM(Hardcore Questing Mod) would be better because with the new update you can have players fight something or make them go to a location for a reward or(thanks to the newest version) lore pages. :p I know I have gone on for a while.

Last edited:

Worriedkdog

Jul 29, 2019
What would you like to help with: (building, planning, npcs, storyline or quests you can pick more than one) I would like to help with building and planning

Experience with the mods : (which mods) All of them except Survival wings

IGN: worried_kdog

Why would you like to join: I feel like I need a new project. I have worked on many maps before (mostly with ccm963) and need a new project.

*Experience making maps: I have worked on many maps before (mostly with ccm963) and need a new project.

*Ideas you want to add: Maybe a few more mods. If there will be something like a factory maybe IC2, Thermal Expansion, or galactic craft are some good mods to add.

PurrShotz1123

Jul 29, 2019
What would you like to help with:i would like to help with the storyline

Experience with the mods : witchery thaumcraft and tconstruct

IGN: purrshotz1123

Why would you like to join: i would like to join because the map looks amazing and i love
experimenting with new mods

*Experience making maps:first time

*Ideas you want to add: maybe adding a mod like buildcraft
*Things you would take out or modify: (from what i explained above) nothing

PurrShotz1123

Jul 29, 2019
What would you like to help with: story-line

Experience with the mods : t-construct witchery

IGN: purrshotz1123

Why would you like to join: this map looks amazing and i would love experimenting with it

*Experience making maps:none

*Ideas you want to add:
*Things you would take out or modify: (from what i explained above)