Buildcraft Changes of Note

neeneko

Jul 29, 2019
A diamond pipe will do it if you configure it correctly.

This is actually good to know, since this is actually something I tried and it did not work, so I must have done something wrong.

The weird behavior I got out of the configuration as described was ALL the items went the alternate route, none got inserted even though the colour matched up and the fermenter had space. So I will have to tinker and figure out if if some element is causing a wierd behavior.

Icarus White

Jul 29, 2019
This is actually good to know, since this is actually something I tried and it did not work, so I must have done something wrong.

The weird behavior I got out of the configuration as described was ALL the items went the alternate route, none got inserted even though the colour matched up and the fermenter had space. So I will have to tinker and figure out if if some element is causing a wierd behavior.
Did you place the pipe below the fermenter? Buildcraft pipes in general can only access the matching slot - so fertilizer goes below, saplings and whatnot above, and I believe liquid containers go in and out through the sides.

neeneko

Jul 29, 2019
Did you place the pipe below the fermenter? Buildcraft pipes in general can only access the matching slot - so fertilizer goes below, saplings and whatnot above, and I believe liquid containers go in and out through the sides.

What I ended up doing was quitting and reentering the game. That seemed to do the trick, so I guess something was stuck or glitching.