Botania - An innovative natural magic themed tech mod (Not in beta any more!)

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
logo.png

This mod also has a thread on the Minecraft Forums, if you wish to comment but don't have an account here!
Botania is a tech mod in essence. The theme is natural magic. By which the very base of the mod, as the title would give you the idea of, is flora. Of course, it's not limited to that.
Most of the into on Botania can be found inside the game, in the Lexica Botania, the mod's "documentation book". You can craft it pretty easilly with a book and any type of sapling.

You can download the mod from the website.
If you enjoy my work, consider dropping me a pledge on my Patreon :)
Have a question, or just want to chat? #vazkii @ irc.esper.net is the place to go.

Let's have a look...

Getting started is simple enough, simply get yourself a Lexica Botania, it tells you all there is to know in the mod!
c4f641d96c.png

Oh yeah, have you noticed the world's full of flowers? Yeah, they worldgen all over the place. Take note, you'll need them.
701db5b041.png

Now off to the fun stuff! The mod's "power system" is called Mana. You get it from flowers, which you craft by combining other flower petals. Here's a little taste of the power system, looks fancy doesn't it?
06ec68478c.png

And this Mana you create from flowers can be used to power other flowers that do stuff. what do all these do? Well, that one you'll have to figure out yourself.
ac84801532.png

Of course, more than flowers go around, here's an example of what you can do if you accumulate a decent amount of Mana.
649a2780e0.png

And last (for this preview, of course!) here's a look at some of them awesome things you can use, there's lots more where those came from, too.
fb9b6679e9.png

Not convinced? Haighyorkie made a four part spotlight on Botania, which you can check out right down here:

And that's it for the thread, I hope you enjoy playing with Botania!

Last edited:

Evilshallwin

Jul 29, 2019
This mod looks quite fun and I will definitely be playing around with it! I love innovative ways of powering my stuff :p

Ausyarr

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not really a fan of magic mods but this one with its visual nature you can see the mechanism working looks awesome. I can see myself doing some interesting stuff with it. Thanks for the hard work.

Sephlington

Jul 29, 2019
The flowers will retrogen, right?
I'm a big fan of growing my resources, growing my magic sounds marvellous :D

Nova Sol

Jul 29, 2019
Aw yeah, laser show! Can't wait! Gonna make a stage... And a garden... And a huge network of transfer-thingies to cause a huge waste of magical energy! But still: LASER SHOW!

NicoAD

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to test this mod.

For the main reason to see what happens if I align all those color full mana spreaders into one spot and jump in it.