[BETA] Skyblock Unleashed Faithful [ Update 8/8/13]

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Just curious, in which biome you start out? Thats mostly cause Id like to get into bees ;)
There is only one biome in the entire map, a forest biome. Using that biome and an acclimatiser, you should be able to breed whatever you want to. It's only a forest biome for heroic bees, and forest is normal heat and humidity, making it perfect for any normal bees. If there are any other bees that require a specific biome to breed in, please let me know.

Oh, and i would love some screenshots of anyone's progress!

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
When the 1.5.1 pack comes out, I will make an updated version for that, probably without recipes, though. My recipe machine runs off of redpower, so it wouldn't work very well. I will also eventually make a map pack version when that pack gets released, but I will still keep the DW20 version active. I will also learn up on gregtech and FTB ultimate to attempt to make a version for that. I know that rubber is a lot easier to get in ultimate.

wormsblink

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... It seems I can't use the common queen trade for some reason it takes my 16 beeswax but not the drone and just sits there stuck. Does the drone I put in have to be beealysed? Trying to tech up to the higher bee tiers but need more common queens!

On a similar note getting redstone is a severe pain... I appreciate the starting gift in the apiarist's hut but it runs out so fast! Excited bees burned down most of what I had (used wood for decoration and building, regretted) and the alternative alkahest makes me cry... Converting charcoal to coal using the gift in the end is great, especially with a turtle-based xp farm, but the number of wither skeleton skulls is painful

Reactions: goreae

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Hmm... It seems I can't use the common queen trade for some reason it takes my 16 beeswax but not the drone and just sits there stuck. Does the drone I put in have to be beealysed? Trying to tech up to the higher bee tiers but need more common queens!

On a similar note getting redstone is a severe pain... I appreciate the starting gift in the apiarist's hut but it runs out so fast! Excited bees burned down most of what I had (used wood for decoration and building, regretted) and the alternative alkahest makes me cry... Converting charcoal to coal using the gift in the end is great, especially with a turtle-based xp farm, but the number of wither skeleton skulls is painful
Thanks for the feedback! in case you didn't already know this, you can get plenty of coal and redstone from UU matter, but I went ahead and added recipes for them anyways. For the redstone recipe, you put 8 gunpowder and 4 rose red into a crate, shake it up, and have redstone. For coal, you need 4 charcoal and one stone. That's the old EE2 coal recipe, by the way.

As far as the coronation recipe goes, I forgot to include the gold block necessary in the recipe book. A gold block should be easy once you get a tier 5 pigman spawner and set up a spawner trap with it. And the bee does not need to be analysed, but if it is it shouldn't be a problem. Redpower only really looks at ID and meta, not NBT data.

Anyways, I'm putting out a new recipe update along with the map updated to have the pure node again. Remember to update your recipe book after you install it by putting it into the pouch with a new wooden pickaxe!

wormsblink

Jul 29, 2019
Cheers man! The trade system is the best I have seen in any skyblock map, really impressed.
Btw what is the recommended way to get thaumcraft shards or are you not supposed to advance in thaumcraft? Currently stuck at the basic starting wand and cant proceed without elemental shards

Reactions: goreae

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Cheers man! The trade system is the best I have seen in any skyblock map, really impressed.
Btw what is the recommended way to get thaumcraft shards or are you not supposed to advance in thaumcraft? Currently stuck at the basic starting wand and cant proceed without elemental shards
I had originally intended for you to use the crystal clusters to supercharge the node to hopefully get infused stone that way, but that is a really slow process, so either I put in even more recipes for the crystals (would be pretty expensive) or you can wait it out. I would set up the clusters and a large(ish) smoothstone platform rather early. I think it needs to be below level forty or whatever, but I don't know. I'll test the infusion mechanics asap.

And by the way, my goal was to limit the player as little as possible, so you can do almost anything from almost nothing.

wormsblink

Jul 29, 2019
Getting shards through aura boosting isn't just limited, its impossible. I tried testing this with a stack of crystal clusters (cheated in for testing) and 1 hour of AFK later still did not get any shards. Might be I'm just unlucky though...

Xipheon

Jul 29, 2019
In order for it to turn smooth stone into infused the node also has to be rather large. Not sure if there are even enough saplings to get to that size but here is a comment I found in a comment section:

"Well the rate at which they transform at say, a 500 aura node are about one every hour. This is a linear function, so it will be 2 crystals at 1000, and so on. But the stone closest to the node will transform, and yes, i have experienced it. The effect is similar to using a wand to transform an item, and it makes a dull wisp sound, but the effects emit no lights when occurring, so it might seem rare, when in reality it happens all the time."

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Getting shards through aura boosting isn't just limited, its impossible. I tried testing this with a stack of crystal clusters (cheated in for testing) and 1 hour of AFK later still did not get any shards. Might be I'm just unlucky though...
No, I made a copy of the map and made platforms two blocks apart all the way down to bedrock, gave myself a stack of clusters, then let it sit there overnight. Nothing. When I replaced the stone with dull infused stone, however, they started recharging very quickly. Because of this fact, i am adding yet another recipe, for dull infused stone. The recipe is 4 AE quartz, 4 stone, and one glowstone dust for 4 infused stone. The recipe does require a diamond to make, so you will need the minium stone before you start getting shards. Lorewise, you are infusing the stone with some crystals, then giving it a little bit of glowstone dust, for that glow-in-the-dark look. Recipe update will be up shortly.[DOUBLEPOST=1369159601][/DOUBLEPOST]
In order for it to turn smooth stone into infused the node also has to be rather large. Not sure if there are even enough saplings to get to that size but here is a comment I found in a comment section:

"Well the rate at which they transform at say, a 500 aura node are about one every hour. This is a linear function, so it will be 2 crystals at 1000, and so on. But the stone closest to the node will transform, and yes, i have experienced it. The effect is similar to using a wand to transform an item, and it makes a dull wisp sound, but the effects emit no lights when occurring, so it might seem rare, when in reality it happens all the time."
Good to know. If you gather enough saplings to get your node that large, then you can have a slow but steady supply of free shards.

seljik

Jul 29, 2019
an issue ive seen with this is the plains biome, to get the rural mutation, it needs to be in plains.... which there is none of

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
an issue ive seen with this is the plains biome, to get the rural mutation, it needs to be in plains.... which there is none of
Just looked it up, and the rural bee does nothing that you can't already do. Its further mutations can make shortmead, milk, citric drops (which have no further recipes in NEI), and other things that can be done by other things. The actual rural and farmed bees only produce wheat. If there is anything special and unique to them or their offspring, please let me know and I'll reconsider, but for now, rural stays out. No real need for them.

Bungzi

Jul 29, 2019
So I just ran into a problem. First time I went to the end I was there maybe 10ish seconds, long enough to see the gift, and the enderdragon comes through the wall and destroys it, luckily I hadn't put down my linking book back to overworld yet or I would have lost all my things dying to get back to the overworld. I'm not sure yet if this is something that is really going to wreck me in terms of trading, if it will cause a big problem with getting the resources I need I could just cheat it back.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
So I just ran into a problem. First time I went to the end I was there maybe 10ish seconds, long enough to see the gift, and the enderdragon comes through the wall and destroys it, luckily I hadn't put down my linking book back to overworld yet or I would have lost all my things dying to get back to the overworld. I'm not sure yet if this is something that is really going to wreck me in terms of trading, if it will cause a big problem with getting the resources I need I could just cheat it back.

"If the dragon blows up the special block in the End (there will be an empty hole in the wall) then Yell "RetiredBridges" (;P)"
Quote from the tips and tricks section of OP. As an additional hint, you need three types of flowers. ;)

Also, I would love screenshots of anyone's progress!

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius

The PM was unnecessary. You could have just replied to this thread. Anyways, it seems that I never put the uncrafting table back when I implemented the recipe dimension. I'm not adding it back, though. I'm making it a recipe. One dragon egg for an uncrafting table. It's too important to be limited.

Bungzi

Jul 29, 2019
So I got incredibly unlucky... 5 water hives and I ended up with 0 water drones... Got lots of breeding to do with that one I guess... Maybe I'll get lucky with one of the bee machines.

Bungzi

Jul 29, 2019
So apatite... Am I missing something or are we not suppose to have this resource available to us or am I missing a bee?