Automating Ender Lilies?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Ya, the whole day cycle thing is bunk, whoever posted it where I read it was either confused or just trolling. And again, the lillies don't take a damned month to grow, lets try to keep out of the realm of making stuff up when we try to !!science!! things, yes?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Or maybe you could go all out on them and make a ritual of the green grove with a sigil of growth in the middle. A ring of ender lilies, and then a moat of fertility lilypads, all with a caster from Ars magica periodically casting AoE growth on them.
Growth from AM2 works like Bonemeal, so it wouldn't help. Unless you use the effect that increases tick rate, and assuming it works on them.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Ya, the whole day cycle thing is bunk, whoever posted it where I read it was either confused or just trolling. And again, the lillies don't take a damned month to grow, lets try to keep out of the realm of making stuff up when we try to !!science!! things, yes?

I believe they were implying a minecraft ingame month not a irl month. It's not that unthinkable when it is planted on regular dirt.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
This hasn't been released yet, but it could probably help as well.
Oh Dartcraft, you're so beautifully broken.

Reactions: PierceSG

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
Very interested in finding out a way to automate ender lilies, but if a workable method has been suggested in this thread, I missed it. The hurdle, as I understand it, remains in finding a system that will reliably break the plants when they're fully mature (replanting them is a simple matter for Vacuum Hoppers and Autonomous Activators, Use Golems, what have you).
  • There was conflicting info on whether Harvest Golems will break a fully mature ender lily. Does anyone know if they can? (I realize it's a simple matter to test it, but I'm unable to do so right now.) Failing that...
  • Are BUDs reliable enough to count the growth stages, and pop the lilies at stage 7? I'm very unfamiliar with using BUDs, and I don't know if other things might also trigger them, throwing off their count.
  • Are there any open-/miscperipherals, or other computercraft methods, that would give a turtle the ability to read the growth stage of the ender lily?
  • Has anyone tested the AM2 Harvest spell component? Does it only harvest fully matured plants, or does it uproot everything in range?
I'll test a lot of this tonight, but in the meantime if anyone happens to know the answers, I'd love to get planning my setup in advance :)

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
  • There was conflicting info on whether Harvest Golems will break a fully mature ender lily. Does anyone know if they can? (I realize it's a simple matter to test it, but I'm unable to do so right now.) Failing that...
They can harvest them.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
and lets not forget they rarely drop a second seed. I started with 5 from a dungeon chest and now have ... (walks off to count) ... 9

o_O

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
do standard growth accelerants (watering can, rotary sprinklier, lamp of growth, etc) work on lilies?
just spam a whole bunch of all of them and compare to a non-accelerated.

ok, testing w/ two RC fertilizers, two MFR fertilizers, 6 lamps of growth.
the first two don't seem to recognize the ender lilies as crops- I have not seen them use any of their internal inventory.

I THINK the rotarycraft fan can harvest/replant like they do with other crops.

Last edited:

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
do standard growth accelerants (watering can, rotary sprinklier, lamp of growth, etc) work on lilies?
just spam a whole bunch of all of them and compare to a non-accelerated.

ok, testing w/ two RC fertilizers, two MFR fertilizers, 6 lamps of growth.
the first two don't seem to recognize the ender lilies as crops- I have not seen them use any of their internal inventory.

I THINK the rotarycraft fan can harvest/replant like they do with other crops.

If you look earlier in this thread, ender lilies don't respond to the normal growth accelerators.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
If you look earlier in this thread, ender lilies don't respond to the normal growth accelerators.
Although some do work like Blood magic's ritual of fertility, presumably any method that adds growth ticks should work and any that work like bonemeal will not.

Cupola

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know if this has been posted yet but I have had an automated ender lily farm for a while now using 3 golems. One with a Harvest Core to break the full grown lillies. One with A Gather Core to scoop up the pearl and the seed and place them in a chest. One with the USE Core to take the seed out of the chest and plant it back on the end stone. (you MUST use the bell on the USE golem to tell it where to plant). HOWEVER there is a warning. If your gather golem takes off somewhere and gets stuck/killed. you will loose your seeds as they will just sit there.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
And now that Dartcraft 0.2.16 is out, it looks like time manipulation... kind of works? I tried it out in creative, spamming the time rod on the hyper setting advanced 9 seeds to the second stage pretty much instantly (and that on dirt), but then the effect stopped working, no matter how many more times I tried it. Nine seeds on end stone worked for four of them, which also got to the second stage right away, but the rest of them didn't react at all.
I forgot to test time torches though, but I bet the effect would be the same. Didn't have enough patience to try waiting to see if the seeds got stuck or if they would continue growing normally, either.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
And now that Dartcraft 0.2.16 is out, it looks like time manipulation... kind of works? I tried it out in creative, spamming the time rod on the hyper setting advanced 9 seeds to the second stage pretty much instantly (and that on dirt), but then the effect stopped working, no matter how many more times I tried it. Nine seeds on end stone worked for four of them, which also got to the second stage right away, but the rest of them didn't react at all.
I forgot to test time torches though, but I bet the effect would be the same. Didn't have enough patience to try waiting to see if the seeds got stuck or if they would continue growing normally, either.

Well I used blood magic sigil/ritual of the green grove and had similar results, where things progressed to the next stage quickly and then see to stop. Mine continued to grow. Sometimes it is a visual bug that requires a block update to fix and sometimes I just think that there is a lot of time between stage 2 and 3 and not as much between 1 and 2. Could be hallucinating too, the best thing I found was to set some side by side with seeds not affected by extra tics.

Besides I think some of it is luck, I had one lily progress all the way to the end before its neighbors got out of the 3rd stage of growth (they didn't even have any glowy bits on the model yet) and that was without any help.