Automating Ender Lilies?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

snooder

Jul 29, 2019
That's the frustrating part about testing the lilies haha =p But I think I might just do that. I will set up a Accelerated mystcraft age, plant a farm in that, and one in the overworld ... and time how long it takes for them to grow in each world. With the Autonomous Activators, how would you set it up so that only one seed goes in each machine, instead of them all trying to stack randomly in various activators?

You could try separating out the activators. Have a block breaker linked to a single autonomous activator. Add a counter linked to a light sensor which while count down 7 minecraft days before the block breaker activates. Seed goes to the activator, pearls go to storage. Repeat the setup for as many seeds as you can find.

I think I'll try out this design later this weekend.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Or use a BUD switch, it's probably more reliable (although it will require more space).
Or a BUD Block, which is a thing that exists(and if they don't trigger on each other, even better!). There is one that fits the bill already in FTB-Land.

Anyway, off to do more testing on something.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
That's the frustrating part about testing the lilies haha =p But I think I might just do that. I will set up a Accelerated mystcraft age, plant a farm in that, and one in the overworld ... and time how long it takes for them to grow in each world. With the Autonomous Activators, how would you set it up so that only one seed goes in each machine, instead of them all trying to stack randomly in various activators?

From the inventory where all the enderlillies are stored you can place an item duct from TE3 to do this. Right click (no sneaking) to set different modes. One of these modes will be round robin. It will choose between all the valid destinations and evenly distribute between them. If you add a pnumatic tube you can also ensure that it only sends one seed in the stack at a time.

Reactions: Niels Henriksen

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I'd hope Twilight Forests Tree of Time works to accelerate growth too...
Thaumcrafts lamp of growth? This might be a valid reason to not simply make a slightly larger farm.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I'd hope Twilight Forests Tree of Time works to accelerate growth too...
Thaumcrafts lamp of growth? This might be a valid reason to not simply make a slightly larger farm.

MIQOU1J.png

all I can say it, they still grown pretty damn slow...
I'm getting the feeling that Tema perhaps doesn't want the ender lillies to be automatable :p

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
all I can say it, they still grown pretty damn slow...
I'm getting the feeling that Tema perhaps doesn't want the ender lillies to be automatable :p
I honestly don't think they should be. Hmmm, rather I'd never want to automate them. Ender lilies, TO ME, are a good jump start past mod items that gate you with ender pearls. In my current world I honestly had a self sufficient cursed earth farm way before my first lily matured. I now have them as decoration.

But I'm not knocking the challenge of automating them. That's part of the fun of mods; pushing the limits.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I'd try lilypads of fertility too. Very effective for canola and magic crops, might work here. I think they have a 4 or 5 vertical area so it is easy to put them underneath, not wasting any of your cropland.

Malloway

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly don't think they should be. Hmmm, rather I'd never want to automate them. Ender lilies, TO ME, are a good jump start past mod items that gate you with ender pearls. In my current world I honestly had a self sufficient cursed earth farm way before my first lily matured. I now have them as decoration.

But I'm not knocking the challenge of automating them. That's part of the fun of mods; pushing the limits.

Exactly how I feel, automating them would be OP ... however after a certain amount of time in a world, one gets to the point where they can simply go overboard in almost all aspects of FTB ... and that's the fun part. Pushing the mods to their limits, as you said =)

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
what about use golems? the same way you plant saplings? That should right-click the seeds onto the end stone.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
what about use golems? the same way you plant saplings? That should right-click the seeds onto the end stone.
The discussion has shifted from simply automating it to making them grow faster. Naturally using End Stone is ideal(week growth time versus a month in game) but according to change logs, also adds a 2% chance to get a spare seed.

Regardless, anyone got a great AM2 Nexus setup? I'd naturally suggest a Dark Nexus. Rather, a bunch of them as this allows for MOAR POWAH! Then filter it down to a caster. Simple spell technically, just a beam or lasting effect on a projectile with the effect that increases tick rate(not acceleration, as that make things that go fast go faster). Aim and power the thing, use timers to do things if needed.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

I like the idea of ender lillies, but to me they're too rare for the amount of time it requires to grow them... so I either want them to be less rare, or mature faster...

perhaps have it so when an enderman picks up a grass block, and when you kill him, there's a low chance of him dropping an ender lilly...

I'd try lilypads of fertility too. Very effective for canola and magic crops, might work here. I think they have a 4 or 5 vertical area so it is easy to put them underneath, not wasting any of your cropland.

I was on the direwolf20 pack, so I didn't have reliquary... otherwise I would have also used the sprinklers from Rotarycraft aswell

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Has anybody tested day cycles?

If you have blood magic, a weak ritual to turn it night, then bed to turn it day again, repeat seven times, and see if they're grown perhaps?

Reactions: Padfoote

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
Has anybody tested day cycles?

If you have blood magic, a weak ritual to turn it night, then bed to turn it day again, repeat seven times, and see if they're grown perhaps?
Plants, which I assume these blocks are (they could be a special type, in which case what I am going to say is moot), receive growth ticks randomly from the world, and only on a world tick. Thus, even if you change the time to one year ahead in Minecraft time, the lily seed is just going to stare at you.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Plants, which I assume these blocks are (they could be a special type, in which case what I am going to say is moot), receive growth ticks randomly from the world, and only on a world tick. Thus, even if you change the time to one year ahead in Minecraft time, the lily seed is just going to stare at you.

Ah oki, I was playing on the idea of somebody saying they're linked to the day cycles earlier in this thread

It's a really low chance if they're using growth ticks ._.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
Ah oki, I was playing on the idea of somebody saying they're linked to the day cycles earlier in this thread

It's a really low chance if they're using growth ticks ._.
Unless you use things like the Lilypad of Fertility or the Ritual of the Green Grove, both of which use growth ticks to increase the plant growth speed. I'd assume Ars' sigil thing does the same thing.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Unless you use things like the Lilypad of Fertility or the Ritual of the Green Grove, both of which use growth ticks to increase the plant growth speed. I'd assume Ars' sigil thing does the same thing.

Or maybe you could go all out on them and make a ritual of the green grove with a sigil of growth in the middle. A ring of ender lilies, and then a moat of fertility lilypads, all with a caster from Ars magica periodically casting AoE growth on them.

Reactions: Padfoote and Museli

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
Or maybe you could go all out on them and make a ritual of the green grove with a sigil of growth in the middle. A ring of ender lilies, and then a moat of fertility lilypads, all with a caster from Ars magica periodically casting AoE growth on them.
...That too.