Automatic Server shutdown(No players) and startup(attempted login)?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is there a simple way of shutting a server(Cauldron running TPPI on a LAN server) down when no players have been online for a certain amount of time AND starting it back up when someone attempts to log in?

Looked around and found this:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...286946-1-7-2-auto-shutdown-0-7-0-forge-server
However this only shuts the server down. How would I go about starting it back up automatically?

BTW really a novice on this so big cardboard signs might be a good idea :p

Rebirth Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
If you have any control over what you use to run your server, I would look into McMyAdmin. It's a console program that wraps around Minecraft, launches it, and gives you a web interface to control your server.

It actually has a feature just like you described. You can set it to go to sleep when no one is online. When it detects that a player is trying to connect, it will give that player a message (via their Minecraft client, similar to when you aren't whitelisted) saying that the server is booting up, connect again in a minute.

You also do things like restart the server when no one is online, etc. It also throws in a mobile app so you can monitor servers through it and have basic control over them.

As far as mods are concerned, not aware of anything that'll do this.

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
If you have any control over what you use to run your server, I would look into McMyAdmin. It's a console program that wraps around Minecraft, launches it, and gives you a web interface to control your server.

It actually has a feature just like you described. You can set it to go to sleep when no one is online. When it detects that a player is trying to connect, it will give that player a message (via their Minecraft client, similar to when you aren't whitelisted) saying that the server is booting up, connect again in a minute.

You also do things like restart the server when no one is online, etc. It also throws in a mobile app so you can monitor servers through it and have basic control over them.

As far as mods are concerned, not aware of anything that'll do this.
Excellent thanks, will try this out.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I am using mcma on my server if you have to ask informations Feel free
Sorry for the late reply. Was waiting for some last parts to arrive.

Think I have managed to set it all up properly. It runs at least :p Going to be using it to host a singleplayer world I have already(long time building project) so just testing it all out before I commit to continuing with the proper save.

One thing I was a bit unsure of was how to set up Java arguments though. Found a few bits of information on how it should be set up in the McMyAdmin.conf, but thought I would ask to make sure. Does this look right?
Code:
################################
# Java
################################
Java.Path=C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe
Java.Memory=4096
# Java.VM - Changing to 'server' permits use of the server JVM which improves performance, but is not installed by default (JDK is required)
Java.VM=client
Java.GC=default
Java.useIKVM=False
Java.IKVMpath=
# Java.CustomOpts - Extra arguments to pass to Java when starting the Minecraft server.
Java.CustomOpts=-XX:PermSize=256m -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrent

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Oh I see there is no return u made it correctly. I use tapatalk and did not see the format
Ahh ok :p

Must say this McMyadmin makes it extremely easy to manage and get an overview of the server. Was afraid this might be out reach for a nub like me, but this web control panel makes everything extremely easy :p

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Another mcma question:
How would I get the in-game mcma commands to work? I registered myself as an administrator in the "Users and Groups" and I assume the asterisk is a stand-in for all permissions. But when I try to use any the in-game mcma commands the game chat just says: "Unknown command..." and server console: "xxxxx issued server command: /backupworld" for example.

List of mcma in-game commands:
http://clients.fragnet.net/knowledgebase/30/McMyAdmin-Command-List.html
I was particularly looking for the option to manually set backups at chosen times for example.

Adem Musaoglu

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest i made an automation for server backup every 15 minutes.
The Permissions of MCMA were to overcomplicated.
I use PEX made a separate setup for my nodes and started the server. In case i need a node which i forgot i add through server pex command

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
To be honest i made an automation for server backup every 15 minutes.
The Permissions of MCMA were to overcomplicated.
I use PEX made a separate setup for my nodes and started the server. In case i need a node which i forgot i add through server pex command
Well I think I got the permission deal pretty well covered. I installed Essentials and GroupManager and set the McMyAdmin to export permissions to GroupManager. And the Essential permissions works fine based on what I set them to in the "Users and Groups" panel. But I simply cannot figure out how to get the McMyAdmin ingame commands to work...

Adem Musaoglu

Jul 29, 2019
the command afaik start with the normal /command input from game i have seen some commands which needed to be passed thru... but i dont use the mcma commands tbh