Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

taamtaam

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing the Infinity pack. Been looking all over jungle biomes for vanilla beans but can't find them anywhere. I can see lots of cocoa but never vanilla. Where should I look?

BarbasTheDog

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing the Infinity pack. Been looking all over jungle biomes for vanilla beans but can't find them anywhere. I can see lots of cocoa but never vanilla. Where should I look?
You can pulverise brown wool for a 5% chance of getting cocoa beans. That should be the easiest way to get vanilla ones.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Just to clarify: are you looking for the cocoa beans that you get in vanilla Minecraft, or actual "Vanilla beans"?

Reactions: BarbasTheDog

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I'm looking for the actual "Vanilla beans", so I can make stuff like vanilla ice cream.

Edit: Np, you should have seen me trying to find anything on the internet on "minecraft, vanilla". was not fun :p

I bet! :D

Right, so as far as I can tell then, it's the Pam's Harvestcraft vanilla you're after - in which case, what you might need to do is to break long grass (possibly in a jungle biome) and try and get a vanillabean sapling; I know once you HAVE vanillabeans, you should be able to combine them with a jungle sapling to MAKE a vanillabean sapling, but getting one in the first place I'm not 100% on.

Sorry I couldn't help more!

- GwnG

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
break long grass (possibly in a jungle biome) and try and get a vanillabean sapling

I am almost certain you don't get saplings from breaking tall grass in Pam's HarvestCraft - only crop seeds.

Although, I'm also think that Vanillabeans look VERY different to cocoa beans.. so prehaps just focus on the Vanilla*-style trees with fruits underneath them.

* I mean this in the "Vanilla Minecraft" sense, not the Vanillabean sense ;U

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

taamtaam

Jul 29, 2019
I grew a vanilla tree on creative mode in single player. The tree looks just like jungle tree. The reason I pointed out cocoa was that it is quite abundant, but vanilla seems to be so rare for some reason. Like cinnamon, it is rare too but I could at least find 2 or 3 cinnamon trees.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Not really decided yet if this is a good or bad thing, but some time ago the rain sound seems to have stopped in my game. All other sounds play just fine, it is just the rain sound effects. I have not made or used the Rain Muffler, it just seems to have happened randomly all by it self.
Anyone got any clue what is causing it?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Not really decided yet if this is a good or bad thing, but some time ago the rain sound seems to have stopped in my game. All other sounds play just fine, it is just the rain sound effects. I have not made or used the Rain Muffler, it just seems to have happened randomly all by it self.
#bestproblemever

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I am almost certain you don't get saplings from breaking tall grass in Pam's HarvestCraft - only crop seeds.
See, that's what I thought, but I could have sworn I got a fruit tree from grass - just the once.

I'm sure you're right actually - which brings me onto an alternate possibility - bonemeal or watering can grass blocks in a jungle biome. That DOES get you saplings! That and a lot of patience may bear fruit. So to speak. ;)

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019

I have that "problem" as well. I just never bothered to try to fix it. xD

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019

Do you have particles off?

-----------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Do you have particles off?

I am running Optifine and got "Rain Splash" turned on. Seeing all the normal rain animations etc.

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
This may be a bit of an odd question.

Is there any way to edit the source files of an FTB pack? For example, I would like to remove and replace the sound of chests/doors opening with an audio file that has no sound because I find it extremely annoying. I found how to do this in vanilla minecraft but I can't find the files for the FTB pack.

I also looked to see if I could find a mod that does this but I didn't find anything. That actually surprised me.. I'd really think someone had to have done it before. If there is and I'm just blind, please point me in the correct direction. :p

BarbasTheDog

Jul 29, 2019
This may be a bit of an odd question.

Is there any way to edit the source files of an FTB pack? For example, I would like to remove and replace the sound of chests/doors opening with an audio file that has no sound because I find it extremely annoying. I found how to do this in vanilla minecraft but I can't find the files for the FTB pack.

I also looked to see if I could find a mod that does this but I didn't find anything. That actually surprised me.. I'd really think someone had to have done it before. If there is and I'm just blind, please point me in the correct direction. :p
You can do that with a resource pack just like in vanilla. Otherwise, there was a small 1.6 client mod called Sound Control, by Vazkii, that allowed you to set the sound for every in-game sound available independently. I don't know if it was ever ported to 1.7 though.

Reactions: ZeCowMan

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
I am running Optifine and got "Rain Splash" turned on. Seeing all the normal rain animations etc.

I mean the actual particles button. If you set particles to off rain no longer lakes noise. It's a trick youtubers used in the days before 1.7 when there was no volume levels for specific things

Reactions: ZeCowMan