Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I play Horizons. I'm just getting into applied energistics. What is the most efficient way of powering redstone energy cells with that modpack? Can I use RotaryCraft? Is that the most efficient way of powering an AE Network?
Well really, AE networks don't use much power. You could use a few solar panels if you wanted to, or maybe a magmatic dynamo or two.
But yes, if you convert RoC energy to RF (RoC Dynamo, can't remember the name) then you can power it off that

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Two questions about logistics pipes

1: how do I stop items from falling out of pipes? Say I am crafting some diamond pipes for a recipe, which makes 8 diamond pipes but I only need one for recipe, the other 8 are dumped onto the ground despite there being a perfectly good AE system available.

2: how do I get my logistics pipes network to put an item into a DSU then be able to take it out again if any other machine is running low. I already using a supplier logistics pipes on the machine is this all I need then just hook up a passive(?) supplier module or perhaps a customized default route would work better?

Edit: solved #2, I needed an item sink and a supplier.

Last edited:

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Two questions about logistics pipes

1: how do I stop items from falling out of pipes? Say I am crafting some diamond pipes for a recipe, which makes 8 diamond pipes but I only need one for recipe, the other 8 are dumped onto the ground despite there being a perfectly good AE system available.

2: how do I get my logistics pipes network to put an item into a DSU then be able to take it out again if any other machine is running low. I already using a supplier logistics pipes on the machine is this all I need then just hook up a passive(?) supplier module or perhaps a customized default route would work better?

Edit: solved #2, I needed an item sink and a supplier.

1. set the normal LP pipe on the interface to the default route

2. chassis pipes with item sink and provider on the DSU and a supplier pipe (not the passive one) on the machine

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
If I add two crafting modules to a logistics chassis pipe then have two separate logistics auto crafting tables on each side of the pipe would that work?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
If I add two crafting modules to a logistics chassis pipe then have two separate logistics auto crafting tables on each side of the pipe would that work?
I don't see why it shouldn't, but I never really used the autocrafting part of LP

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
All it would accomplish is confusing your LP network. Auto crafting in LP does not work the way it does in AE, where you can have multiple crafters for the same thing without confusion.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
All it would accomplish is confusing your LP network. Auto crafting in LP does not work the way it does in AE, where you can have multiple crafters for the same thing without confusion.

Ah thats not what I meant. What I meant was (orange dye recipe) (chassis pipe) (red dye recipe) and the one chassis pipe in the middle will have both the recipe for the red dye and orange dye in two separate crafting modules.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Ah thats not what I meant. What I meant was (orange dye recipe) (chassis pipe) (red dye recipe) and the one chassis pipe in the middle will have both the recipe for the red dye and orange dye in two separate crafting modules.
I don't think that is possible either.
1. I don't think there is a crafting module, only a crafting pipe.
2. Again, network confusion. It wouldn't know what crafting table to use.

Exquisitus

Jul 29, 2019
In FTB TPPI, in the bronze age of gregtech. I built a steam powered forge hammer to reduce the amount of hammers I was going through lol, and I want a blast furnace. Looking around online, it says to use one of these contraptions so I built one. Now I find that it does iron plates just fine however, it wont even consider turning bronze into plates :( ? Is this correct?

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
For all the people asking about logistics pipes think "what is a cheaper simpler system that we can use that does the exact same thing that we already know how to set up"

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
For all the people asking about logistics pipes think "what is a cheaper simpler system that we can use that does the exact same thing that we already know how to set up"

Its mainly me, and If you have any suggestions for me then great.

On-topic: For logistics pipes crafting mekanism factories, how am I supposed to do this, the factories all have the same item ID aswell as NBT data so it keeps getting confused, I'm going to try using the TE auto crafting machine but I don't think that will work either since they probably won't even go to the right place since Y'know, item+NBT data.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Is there a decent (and regularly updated) resource for finding out which mods have been updated to 1.7.10?

Or will I have to go round and check each site for each individual mod I want to add to a pack?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a decent (and regularly updated) resource for finding out which mods have been updated to 1.7.10?

Or will I have to go round and check each site for each individual mod I want to add to a pack?
You'll have to go look and see with some mods. But most (big) mods produce a changelog update that says you are running an outdated version. So you can assume a new change would mean 1.7.10

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Do the machines you make it from use the same NBT? Smelter/Crusher/etc.?
Same item ID just different NBT, all the factories have same itemdata and NBT data. Looking it over again and it seems they all use the same materials aswell. All of the basic/advanced/elite tier factories are the same the only thing that separates them is the machine type block (crusher/smelter/etc)