Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MortalDanger

Jul 29, 2019
I've got to fill an absolutely massive area on my server. Only cheating will work...Should have used Ender Quarries :D

Any suggestions?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I've got to fill an absolutely massive area on my server. Only cheating will work...Should have used Ender Quarries :D

Any suggestions?

If you're okay with creative mode, try command blocks? They can spawn blocks at specific coordinates and can be scripted to a surprising degree. So maybe if you can determine the coordinates of the edges of your giant hole, a single command block could be made to loop through all coordinates within that range and spawn a block there. It'll probably take a while, but it's fire-and-forget.

(( Yes yes, I know, suggesting vanilla solutions is heresy... but if it works, it works :p ))

Dyger

Jul 29, 2019

Any suggestions?

A more complicated solution could be turtles / pneumaticraft drones placing stone or cobblestone for you over a long period of time. Probably turtles, since the drones need to be recharged semi-regularly, though you'll need to figure out a way to have the turtles refill their block stock when they run out.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
A more complicated solution could be turtles / pneumaticraft drones placing stone or cobblestone for you over a long period of time. Probably turtles, since the drones need to be recharged semi-regularly, though you'll need to figure out a way to have the turtles refill their block stock when they run out.

you have them start out next to an ender chest which is constantly being supplied cobble ;)

Dyger

Jul 29, 2019
you have them start out next to an ender chest which is constantly being supplied cobble ;)
Ah, good thinking! And just have some part in the program that keeps track of how many blocks are placed... Then, once you run out of blocks, save the coordinates of the next block to be placed, so that you can return to it after you've restocked!

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Not complicated enough. Have the drones fill it with smooth stone. But make that stone on site. Either have other drones digging a different hole to get cobble, or supply cobble somehow. Have drones put the cobble in a furnace, then take the cooked stone to the hole.

Edit: OH! You could even have even MORE drones farming a forest nearby to gather wood to burn to make the smooth stone! <I need to do this at some point>

efr44738

Jul 29, 2019
Not complicated enough. Have the drones fill it with smooth stone. But make that stone on site. Either have other drones digging a different hole to get cobble, or supply cobble somehow. Have drones put the cobble in a furnace, then take the cooked stone to the hole.

Edit: OH! You could even have even MORE drones farming a forest nearby to gather wood to burn to make the smooth stone! <I need to do this at some point>
Have a drone man a vanilla cobblegen! And you need a drone to keep a system pressurized to recharge this army of drones!

Then once the whole is filled in have the drones move a friend's base 3 blocks higher, 2blocks to the left, 4 blocks forward and one block narrower.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Quick botania question!

Nightshades, do they produce only at night, the same as daybloom or half of what daybloom do, all day?

MortalDanger

Jul 29, 2019
Hah, yea I could do all that, but why when I could just use a Filler with an Igneous Extruder :p

Was looking more along the lines of MCEdit, but I don't think it works with mods very well. Ill just use the filler...won't take TOO long (yes it will).

efr44738

Jul 29, 2019
Hah, yea I could do all that, but why when I could just use a Filler with an Igneous Extruder :p

Was looking more along the lines of MCEdit, but I don't think it works with mods very well. Ill just use the filler...won't take TOO long (yes it will).
Last time I used mcedit I filled my world with potatoes, so take this with a grain of salt. I believe I remember hearing that as long as you stay away from any mod blocks mcedit won't mess with them. It's always worth a try as long as you back up your world first.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019

Last time I used mcedit I filled my world with potatoes, so take this with a grain of salt. I believe I remember hearing that as long as you stay away from any mod blocks mcedit won't mess with them. It's always worth a try as long as you back up your world first.
Some MCedit versions would change all the mod blocks it didn't know into odd blocks. Version 0.1.7.1 works fine for me. I have edited Monster and Horizons, and also checked out a Terrafirmacraft world with it with no issue. It won't overwrite blocks it doesn't know with that version. Every unknown block shows as "Future block" with meta data and blockid when you view them, so with that info, you can edit and MCedit treats it like any other vanilla block.

Reactions: pizzawolf14

Maes Stryker

Jul 29, 2019
Looking to start one of the hardcore mode quest packs but not sure which is a good one to start with. Any suggestions on a good hqm easiest>hardest recommendations?

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
If I add mods like roguelike dungeons and chocolate quest, will that mess up my world gen (weird chunk boundaries, etc)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Looking to start one of the hardcore mode quest packs but not sure which is a good one to start with. Any suggestions on a good hqm easiest>hardest recommendations?
Running Red - Material Energy^3 (I'm not a massive fan of this, but other people seem to like it), Agrarian Skies, Crash Landing

DepressivesBrot

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, good thinking! And just have some part in the program that keeps track of how many blocks are placed... Then, once you run out of blocks, save the coordinates of the next block to be placed, so that you can return to it after you've restocked!
For about 500% gain in efficiency, have them carry the chest around and let them move backwards, placing a block below, 'in front' and above for each move.
(It's an inversion of one of numericals old turtle quarries.)