Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You are french, aren't you ?

Except the impression you've made, is there anything to accomplish with it ?
Forgive mr bloke.

A lot of people just burn it in a solid fuel boiler (RailCraft). Even more people turn it into charcoal via furnaces and then solid-fuel that. A few rare specimens convert it into charcoal via coal coke ovens (which can be done for free and has an oil by-product).

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Forgive mr bloke.

A lot of people just burn it in a solid fuel boiler (RailCraft). Even more people turn it into charcoal via furnaces and then solid-fuel that. A few rare specimens convert it into charcoal via coal coke ovens (which can be done for free and has an oil by-product).
And the oil can be used in some forestry recipes in place of seed oil :D. (one of the rare people who likes to shove extra wood into the coke oven).

Reactions: PierceSG and Pyure

abobabo

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to get TC golems to empty brewing stands when they're ready, with less than inputting _every single_ potion in the game? Something like "fill with anything *except*" and then put water bottle in the except.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Is it possible to get TC golems to empty brewing stands when they're ready, with less than inputting _every single_ potion in the game? Something like "fill with anything *except*" and then put water bottle in the except.
I don't think so... TE Itemducts can, if you give them Pneumatic Servos. But if you want to stick with golems, the best you'll probably do is use a retriever golem stationed far enough away that it can't get to the stand before it's finished brewing. If you do this, you'll have to make sure that the reagent always gets put into the stand BEFORE the bottles.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone got a good looking underground farm? I mean I could just hoe out some land but what about decorations?

abobabo

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think so... TE Itemducts can, if you give them Pneumatic Servos. But if you want to stick with golems, the best you'll probably do is use a retriever golem stationed far enough away that it can't get to the stand before it's finished brewing. If you do this, you'll have to make sure that the reagent always gets put into the stand BEFORE the bottles.
Yeah, I'm playing with just a few mods and thaumcraft is basically the only one which has options for automation (the others being tinker's construct and better storage).

I guess I could do it vanilla style with a simple clock, but I want to keep it compact.
I've tried making a compact emptying mechanism based on a button, but I need to both activate the hopper beneath the brewing stand, and deactivate the hopper that refills the water bottles for the same time. And it appears to be hard to do that in a compact way, though I might have missed some method.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Yeah, I'm playing with just a few mods and thaumcraft is basically the only one which has options for automation (the others being tinker's construct and better storage).

I guess I could do it vanilla style with a simple clock, but I want to keep it compact.
I've tried making a compact emptying mechanism based on a button, but I need to both activate the hopper beneath the brewing stand, and deactivate the hopper that refills the water bottles for the same time. And it appears to be hard to do that in a compact way, though I might have missed some method.
Hmm... Now that you're talking about timing, you might be able to pull of a system where a retrieving golem attached to whatever you want to output potions to is locked behind a piston arm for 20 seconds while the potion cooks. Could be more compact and reliable than making the stand a 20-second walk from the golem's home position, and would eliminate (some of) the 20-second walk back. The timing would be easiest to pull of with ProjectRed, but could be done in Vanilla.

The simplest Vanilla redstone delayer is, of course, a line of repeaters. But for a 20-second delay, you'd need more than 40 repeaters on max delay. Hmm...
If you make three loops of repeaters on the shortest delay with lengths 3, 7, and 11 and send a very short pulse into all three at the same time, the three will line up every 23 seconds or so. You could use this as a clock to release the golems to move the bottles from one brewing stand into the next a few seconds after each finishes brewing (make sure that each golem can, in fact, carry three potions at once, and can get them into the next brewing stand in three seconds- you might need longer prime-number-delay loops). If each golem is only given enough time to move exactly three potions, and does so while the other golems are doing exactly the same thing, they shouldn't interfere with each other and move potions before they've been brewed.

Now that I've thought through that, it sounds like using hoppers would be easier. Each brewing stand will need at least two hoppers- one on the side to act as a bottle buffer, and one beneath to pull potions out (not including however you're filling them with reagents- golems should work fine there). Wire your button (or clock) to all the buffer hoppers through a short delay (a single repeater on shortest setting will work perfectly), and wire an inverted version of your button signal to the potion-pulling hoppers. When you push the button, it will pull the brewed potions out of the stands and push them into the buffer hoppers (which are now turned off), and when the button releases, it the buffers will become active and shove the potions into the next stand. A single button might not give enough delay, though- you may need some sort of pulse lengthening circuit. Look on the Minecraft Wiki for more info on that. And, of course, you can replace the button with a 20-ish-second clock.

Krands

Jul 29, 2019
Forgive mr bloke.

Forgived.

I am thinking to turn it into charcoal to feed the steam engines and automate that and then i'll have sort of infinite Energy.

And the oil can be used in some forestry recipes in place of seed oil :D. (one of the rare people who likes to shove extra wood into the coke oven).
Ho ? Tell me more ?

Reactions: dothrom

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Forgived.

I am thinking to turn it into charcoal to feed the steam engines and automate that and then i'll have sort of infinite Energy.

Ho ? Tell me more ?
Mostly I've used it to for impregnated stuff for bees. At least I think that's what I used it for. Haven't done bees in a while.

MortalDanger

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any kind of one button crafting system? I'm so tired of "Crap, need one more of those, what was that recipe again?"

Kind of like work tables, but maybe just operating straight from NEI? ie: The question mark button creates the item, rather than just the item.

efr44738

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any kind of one button crafting system? I'm so tired of "Crap, need one more of those, what was that recipe again?"

Kind of like work tables, but maybe just operating straight from NEI? ie: The question mark button creates the item, rather than just the item.
Ae crating terminal works like that essentially. And if they are frequently used items like machine frames then you can have ae keep X number always.

Suppressed

Jul 29, 2019
1 question

i want to set up a planter to my AE system.. and i want different kind of seeds/plants in it..
but i belive, if i just connect it to the AE system, it will fill it up with one type.. i know there is some kind of thing that can stop the AE from puting more than 64 of one kind in there and keep it to 64.. but i dont know the name..
and a how to link would be nice!

i know my english is crappy crap

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
1 question

i want to set up a planter to my AE system.. and i want different kind of seeds/plants in it..
but i belive, if i just connect it to the AE system, it will fill it up with one type.. i know there is some kind of thing that can stop the AE from puting more than 64 of one kind in there and keep it to 64.. but i dont know the name..
and a how to link would be nice!

i know my english is crappy crap
Not sure what mods you have available but you could do translocators between the planter & an interface, use a diamond on the translocator & set both to a stack of whichever seeds you are using.