Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Jul 29, 2019
Configs \o/
*sigh* its on a server[DOUBLEPOST=1409579100][/DOUBLEPOST]This is how overkill i went
2014-09-01_08.23.25.png

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Does IC2 reactors use celsius or fahrenheit? Or something else wacky like kelvin?

To my knowledge the scale is linear which would mean Celsius or Kelvin. Kelvin is not used often except in scientific studies, so my money is on Celsius.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
SC2 mining carts sometimes get stuck, IE when digging and they can't seem to get past a bit of water even though they have liquid sensors/bridge builders. Has anyone found a solution to this?

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to get pechs to spawn quickly in monster? I have a pure node or 7 :) and it made the magical forest biome; but I only got a couple pechs once, but they despawned in my pech holding area (with personal anchor in there). FYI I play on the DeVco servers so theres no auto-spawning pechs.
Edited:Jailor net from MFR. I don't know if those work on Pechs but you could give it a try.

SC2 mining carts sometimes get stuck, IE when digging and they can't seem to get past a bit of water even though they have liquid sensors/bridge builders. Has anyone found a solution to this?
One thing I can think of is once you find it stuck just place a sponge from open blocks to stop the water/Lava/whatever it is stuck on.

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Sorry, I should have been clear with my point. No need to spawn them when they never go away.
Unless you want the Pech's Curse focus and none of the ones you have are Thaumaturges.

Once all the area around the Pure Nodes has converted to the Magical Forest biome, you could try moving them to another (nearby) location until that all converts to Magic Forest biome, and repeat until you have a large enough area that spawns them fast enough. Also, does anyone know what blocks Pechs can spawn on?

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
In pams harvestcraft is there a reason to make the seeds? All the crops I have found are just right click with it in your hand and it'll grow. (Like vanilla potatoes)

Suppressed

Jul 29, 2019
Hello fellow raiders!

im think of making a farm for wheat and stuff with planters and harvesters.. but thats easy
i want to hide it underground and monitor it from a different room.

what i want to monitor:
light level
growth
what kind of plant/tree etc

is this possible to get on a informasion panel or something??

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Does IC2 reactors use celsius or fahrenheit? Or something else wacky like kelvin?

To my knowledge the scale is linear which would mean Celsius or Kelvin. Kelvin is not used often except in scientific studies, so my money is on Celsius.

Pssst, Fahrenheit is also a linear scale...

The unit used by IC2 reactors is neither of these three, though. Most people assume degrees Celsius, largely because just about the entire IC2 team is German and that's the scale used in Germany. However, there's two pieces of evidence against that. First, the temperature goes very, very high. 10,000 units until meltdown for a base reactor, while uranium fuel commonly melts well before half that... heck, it might be vapor before you get halfway there. And you can bump with up to well over 70,000 if you wanted to. Second, the temperature of an idle, fully cooled reactor is defined as zero, whereas ambient temperature in Celsius (or either of the two others) is not zero.

IC2 uses an arbitrary measurement of "temperature units above ambient".

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Hello fellow raiders!

im think of making a farm for wheat and stuff with planters and harvesters.. but thats easy
i want to hide it underground and monitor it from a different room.

what i want to monitor:
light level
growth
what kind of plant/tree etc

is this possible to get on a informasion panel or something??

Wailla(sp?) gives that info, but otherwise you would need to be able to remotely get that info from every individual block, and an item to do that would probably preclude growing anything on said block.

If somebody could came up with a mod called "Digital Dirt" with dirt blocks that have all the sensors built in, that allowed a network to connect to the underside and pipe all the info back to a computercraft device. If you do that you may as well give it auto-harvest capability, at least in an advanced tier.

Hmmmm...

Krands

Jul 29, 2019
So I got to biofuel, which is nice. However I've a problem : I've plenty of wood. What do to with this ?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
So I got to biofuel, which is nice. However I've a problem : I've plenty of wood. What do to with this ?

Fashion it cunningly into the shape of a fully engorged glans. Then, the next occasion some facetious cur inquires of you whether you have or have not "Got Wood", you can point proudly to your magnificent masterpiece and opine forcefully that you have inescapably satisfied both possible conditions of his witty double-entendre

Krands

Jul 29, 2019
Fashion it cunningly into the shape of a fully engorged glans. Then, the next occasion some facetious cur inquires of you whether you have or have not "Got Wood", you can point proudly to your magnificent masterpiece and opine forcefully that you have inescapably satisfied both possible conditions of his witty double-entendre
You are french, aren't you ?

Except the impression you've made, is there anything to accomplish with it ?

It_IS_Lupus

Jul 29, 2019
Can one use block placers and item transfer nodes with world interaction upgrades to automate livingrock/wood production?

nevermind. I went and tested it. it doesn't work. anyone got a way (other than dires drone method) to automate this?

Last edited: