Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
What would be a good high intensity(not just spamming a ton of engines/dynamos) way of producing RF out of Ethanol, which does not have "heat up" or other startup time?
(Monster 1.1.1)

I think your options are a bunch of dynamos like you don't want, a railcraft liquid boiler which is slow to heat up, or possibly RotaryCraft engines, which in a recent update can use those fuels, or in older versions they can be converted to work IIRC. Of course, that requires an out of scope mod update. I'm assuming RoC is in Monster, no idea which version.

Then again that might have been BC fuel to JetFuel, not ethanol to RoC ethanol.

Made_You_Look

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any blocks, apart from vanilla dirt/grass that I can plant a sapling on, unsupported by anything else (as in, not requiring a farming machine for it to function, etc)?

I need my tree farm saplings to be planted a block above the rest of the ground, with the block they're planted on having nothing around it, because reasons, and a single block of dirt standing alone looks terrible in contrast with my neat underground farm.

Edit: Also, while I'm here - In Computercraft, what's the difference between sleep() and os.sleep()?

Last edited:

Myrriad

Jul 29, 2019
So, I saw a nice way to make an infinite lapis lazuli generator (essentially a rancher harvesting blue wool which is pumped into a pulverizer), but I've run into a problem. The pulverizer won't grind the blue wool, even though this same setup will, for example, take an obsidian block and turn it into obsidian powder. Any ideas?

Myrriad

Jul 29, 2019
Right, well apparently that's something that has been recently disabled in the config file, so I turned it back on. But 50+ wool later and I've yet to get a single lapis lazuli, so now what?

Xheotris

Jul 29, 2019
Right, well apparently that's something that has been recently disabled in the config file, so I turned it back on. But 50+ wool later and I've yet to get a single lapis lazuli, so now what?
Have you checked your storage system for around six blue dye, not lapis? That might be nerfed too.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Are there any blocks, apart from vanilla dirt/grass that I can plant a sapling on, unsupported by anything else (as in, not requiring a farming machine for it to function, etc)?

I need my tree farm saplings to be planted a block above the rest of the ground, with the block they're planted on having nothing around it, because reasons, and a single block of dirt standing alone looks terrible in contrast with my neat underground farm.
You could put Microblock covers/strips around thee block of dirt to make it like a raised planter. If you make the covers one material and the strips(corners) another material it can look quite nice.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Can I connect rednet cable to enderIO insulated redstone conduit?

Usual bull, Have to get my wiring into a confined space where there's already wiring and the thing i'm wiring doesn't respond to enderIO redstone signals.

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
So, I have been playing on magic farm 2 lately and I want to use bees to help power my machines and things. Any ideas of how to set that up and what bees to use?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
So, I have been playing on magic farm 2 lately and I want to use bees to help power my machines and things. Any ideas of how to set that up and what bees to use?

Not 100% on this but I *think* you might be able to use liquid honey in a dynamo.

If that's the case, just make any species with fast production and use a bank of centrifuges and squeezers to produce honey.

If not, if MF2 has extra bees you can make any of:
Carbon bee - makes coal
Oily bee - makes oil
Demonic(I think, definitely one from this branch) bee - produces phosphor as a byproduct you can put in a squeezer to make lava.

The possibilities are endless, just look up the bee in NEI and it'll give you the breeding path :)

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
Not 100% on this but I *think* you might be able to use liquid honey in a dynamo.

If that's the case, just make any species with fast production and use a bank of centrifuges and squeezers to produce honey.

If not, if MF2 has extra bees you can make any of:
Carbon bee - makes coal
Oily bee - makes oil
Demonic(I think, definitely one from this branch) bee - produces phosphor as a byproduct you can put in a squeezer to make lava.

The possibilities are endless, just look up the bee in NEI and it'll give you the breeding path :)
Thanks for the ideas. I'm going to be looking into it, and I don't think just honey works but I will be testing things. :)

Reactions: malicious_bloke

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
All the bees(3) in the Infernal branch produce Phosphor. The Demonic is special as it also produces Glowstone which you can then use as catalyst in reactant dynamos as well. This, in addition to how extremely easy the Infernal branch is to get, makes the Demonic bee a VERY powerful power source.

Reactions: Loxinnightwalker

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
All the bees(3) in the Infernal branch produce Phosphor. The Demonic is special as it also produces Glowstone which you can then use as catalyst in reactant dynamos as well. This, in addition to how extremely easy the Infernal branch is to get, makes the Demonic bee a VERY powerful power source.
Good to know. I think I'll be using that branch of bees. :D