Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I don't think so. And even if they do, it's heinously slow and will not fill a region. If you want to farm mushrooms in daylight, mycelium + bonemeal for giant shrooms is likely to be your best option.
Bah was afraid I had to resort to that. Just cant fit the giant mushroom into my farm "format" :(

IC2 reactors. I hear they've been buffed and changed a lot.
Yeah the MOX-reactors are quite potent compared to the old reactors. Not hard to get 1300-1600 EU/t out of a constant running MOX-reactor without any maintenance.

Xheotris

Jul 29, 2019
Bah was afraid I had to resort to that. Just cant fit the giant mushroom into my farm "format" :(

You could try roofing the field with ExU dark glass, with downgraded mfr planters placing single shrooms spaced well away from each other, and Reika's diamond block breakers harvesting the area around the seed mushrooms periodically. Still gonna be slow though.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You could try roofing the field with ExU dark glass, with downgraded mfr planters placing single shrooms spaced well away from each other, and Reika's diamond block breakers harvesting the area around the seed mushrooms periodically. Still gonna be slow though.
I just dont have the height clearance for it.
EKT4WUd.png

Thought I could just seed some outside the range of a MFR harvester and let it get those that spawn inside its range. But none seem to spawn this way.

Think I will just put it on hold for now and see if I later have room for a room to farm Giant mushrooms with the Planter, Fertilizer, Harvester setup.

Reactions: Xheotris

firebreaker2262

Jul 29, 2019
EKT4WUd.png

Thought I could just seed some outside the range of a MFR harvester and let it get those that spawn inside its range. But none seem to spawn this way.

Think I will just put it on hold for now and see if I later have room for a room to farm Giant mushrooms with the Planter, Fertilizer, Harvester setup.
You only need clearance of about 7 blocks above the dirt with grey mushrooms

Krands

Jul 29, 2019
Here I am again :
What are the differents source of energy in Techworld 2 ?

I know
- Geothermal (my favorite)
- Biofuel
- Nuclear
- Solar
- What else ?

Then, if I go geothermal, I gotta take a pump which is not a problem but the problem is : how do I get enderpearls beside the Endermen ?

pilgrim143

Jul 29, 2019
Ehm you cannot automate Bee Houses, they are for manual handling only. Only Apiaries and Alvearies can be automated. And there is nothing preventing you from automating the ferrous bee in one of those.
Ferrous bees breed into another kind of bee on their own, I just forget that kind.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
Here I am again :
What are the differents source of energy in Techworld 2 ?

I know
- Geothermal (my favorite)
- Biofuel
- Nuclear
- Solar
- What else ?

Then, if I go geothermal, I gotta take a pump which is not a problem but the problem is : how do I get enderpearls beside the Endermen ?
Steam, food, enderpearls, (Make a spawner for them.) Lava mixed with redstone, Oil/fuel, but over all I really love to just set up big reactors. :D

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ferrous bees breed into another kind of bee on their own, I just forget that kind.

What lol? Since when?
I have never seen any such behaviour with the "Ferrous" bee from MB nor have I ever heard of it.
From the NEI in Monster it can only mutate into 2 possibilities: Nickel and Invar and both those requires you to introduce a new species(Esoteric and Nickel).

Are you sure you actually purified the bees properly before using them in automated production? Aka not using hybrids.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

The only bees I've heard of that can turn into another species on their own are the Vis or Aura bees or something like that from Magic Bees back when it was called Thaumic Bees, which only happened when the apiary was near an aura node. Even that was a while back, and might've been changed since then.

I'd wager that @rhn is on the right track and your bees weren't purebred- always analyze your princesses and drones and make sure both bees show the proper species (Ferrous, in your case) in both columns of the Beealyzer GUI. If they don't, you're liable to have crossbreeds, and if one of the inactive alleles is something that could mutate with Ferrous (or the inactive allele in the other bee), you may well get a mutation. Don't automate your bees for production until both the princess and the drone both show the same species in both columns. If you just analyze the queen, you're only getting half of the story- the queen's data is the same as the princess's, and tells you nothing about the drone.

Also, if you want to be extra sure, check back on your bees after you've automated them until eight or ten drones have built up in the bottom slot of the apiary. At that point, you can be pretty sure that the bees' genomes have stabilized, are all exactly the same, and will not mutate further. Bees will only stack with each other if every single one of their genes are exactly the same- so their stacking also tells you that things like effects and temperature tolerance have also stabilized.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
EKT4WUd.png

That room looks really nice. Got any pics of the rest of your base? I suck at building and really enjoy looking at other peoples work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Is it a bug? When i step into crag stone it is sounded like i step into dirt?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Stronp

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to have a redstone signal emitted when an Energy Cell is full/empty, aside from BC gates or CC?